Handloom Export Promotion Council
Handloom Export Promotion Council
To promote the export of the Indian handloom products like fabrics, home furnishings, carpets, floor coverings, the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India established the Handloom Export Promotion Council (HEPC). The primary objective of the HEPC is to provide all support and guidance to the Indian handloom fabric exporters and international buyers for international marketing and trade promotion. The Council, which is headquartered at Chennai, works towards boosting the growth of the Indian handloom sectors and its products by conducting international trade fairs, exhibitions, and other trade promotional activities. In this article, we will look at the Handloom Export Promotion Council (HEPC) in detail.
Objective of HEPC
The HEPC aims to support, maintain, protect, increase, and promote the export of Indian Handloom fabrics.
- To keep in constant communication with the organization throughout the world to take the necessary measure for increasing the export of handloom products
- To advise Government, local authorities and public agencies on the policies adopted concerning the effect on handloom industry or commerce and other measures including direct and indirect taxation
- To enunciate equitable principles, setup code of practices to govern the export of Indian Handloom fabrics and further to simplify transactions relating to export
Export Promotion Activities of the Council
Export Promotion Activities of the Handloom Export Promotion Council is as follows:
- The export promotion council is undertaking market study in individual foreign countries to promote the export of Indian handloom products.
- The Council is also sending out trade missions to foreign countries
- HEPC is conducting propaganda in foreign countries about the advantages of trade and commerce with India in Handloom fabrics
- The Handloom Export Promotion Council is propagating export information to manufacturers and traders in Indian handloom fabrics through discussions, books, lectures, correspondence, etc.
- The Council provides input to the Government, public bodies and local authorities on matters related to policies
- The HEPC appointed deputing officers to monitor the survey of Indian handloom fabrics exported
- If any complaints received from foreign buyers or Indian exporters, the Council will inquire and investigate the allegation and act as arbitrators.
- The Council facilitates upgrading, popularization, and adoption of technology, quality and design improvement, standards and specifications, product development, diversification and innovations of Indian handloom products
- The Council provides guidance, consultancy, and support to handloom exporters
- The HEPC is organizing trade fairs, exhibitions and buyer-seller meets in India and abroad
The HEPC mainly cover the exports of handloom products such as fabrics, bed linen, toilet and kitchen linen, table linen, towels, curtains, cushions curtains, handloom pads, tapestries upholstery’s, carpets and floor coverings.
HEPC Membership Benefits
The following are the advantages of enrolling with the Handloom Export Promotion Council:
Marketing Support under MAI scheme and NHDP scheme
- The HEPC member can participate in international fairs; reverse Buyer Seller Meet in India and Trade delegations.
- The Council will subsidize fair participation and travel grant under various schemes of Ministry of Textiles & Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- The Council is conducting exclusive International events for India Handloom Brand (IHB) holders
- The Council is linking Manufacturers and Exporters
Duty-free import entitlement of specified trimmings and embellishments:
Duty-free import of specified trimmings, embellishments at 5% of FOB (Free On Board) value of Handloom made-up, handloom garments, exported and realized during the preceding fiscal year.
Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS)
Exports of handloom fabrics bearing notified ITC HS codes are eligible for 7% of duty credit scrip. The handloom products export through courier or foreign post office using the e-commerce platform qualify for a benefit under MEIS.
Interest Equivalization scheme at 3% on pre and post-shipment rupee credit for five years or Handloom Manufactures
Supports available from Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
The registered exporter can avail the business loans up to 1 crore within 59 minutes through an online portal and the Council is offering an interest subvention of 2% for all GST registered MSMEs on new or incremental loans.
Trade Policy Support
- The Council is organizing an awareness seminar and also issues the import certificate
- The HEPC is representing the trade issues with the Ministry or Embassies
HEPC Membership Registration
To be eligible for the export benefits, exporters must register themselves with this Handloom Export Promotion Council under the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP)
The eligibility criteria for become the Registered Textile Exporters (RTE) and to obtain the Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) is as follows:
- Merchant Exporter
- Manufacturer Exporter
The applications duly need to forward the HEPC along with the following documents:
- Multicity CTS Cheque or Demand Draft
- Self-attested photocopy copy of the Import-Export Certificate (IEC) of the Director-General of Foreign Trade
- Self-attested photocopy copy of PAN card. Pan card of the proprietor, in the case of proprietorship, and for others, pan in the name of the firm
- In the case of Partnership firm, a photocopy of the entire Partnership Deed
- Self-attested copy of Article of Association or Bye-laws
- In the case of Joint Stock Firm or a Society of any other Corporate Body, a resolution on the letterhead of the company/ Society by the Board of Management of the Corporate Body
- In the case of Manufacturer Exporter, a Self-attested photocopy copy of the certificate indicating that a Manufacturer of handloom products and made-ups either from the State in-charge of Handloom or from the SSI authority.
- In case of the manufacturer exporter certificate from Udyog Aadhaar indicating as handloom Products or get an affidavit in Rs.10/- stamp paper duly attested by a Notary Public.
The format of the affidavit as follows:AffidavitRCMC
The applicant needs to make payment of membership fee before applying for online registration and keep payment reference ready.
|3||GST @ 18%||GST @ 18%|
Multicity CTS Cheque or Demand in favour of “THE HANDLOOM EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL” payable at Chennai or New Delhi
The applicant can also make payment through NEFT for which bank details are as follows:
|1||Beneficiary Name||Handloom Export Promotion Council||Handloom Export Promotion Council|
|2||Bank Name||State Bank Of India||State Bank Of India|
|3||Branch||Thousand Lights||East Patel Nagar, New Delhi|
Note: In case of payment through RTGS, kindly mention the Company Name / RCMC Number in the payment details section in the application form for tracking the details.
To become the registered textile exporters (RTE) and to procure RCMC of HEPC, the applicant needs to follow the procedure explained below:
The applicant needs to submit the application online duly filled in and signed along with the documents mentioned above. The applicant format is as follows:Membership application form-converted
Kindly access the official website of Handloom Export Promotion Council to submit the application form online. From the membership page, select the new registration option for display the application form.
Please furnish the details as per the Importer Exporter Code (IEC) certificate. If you require any changes in the Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC), please amend the same in the IEC certificate through DGFT. After uploading the supporting documents, click on the submit button to forward the application to the Handloom Export Promotion Council.
Get RTE certificate and RCMC
After scrutinizing the details, the Council will take immediate action for issuing the Registered Textile Exporter (RTE) Certificate and Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) within two weeks.