Goa Domicile Certificate
Goa Domicile Certificate
Domicile certificate is a legal document that is issued by the State Government of Goa to its residents. The purpose for obtaining domicile certificate is to prove the residency in the State. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining the Goa Domicile Certificate in detail.
Benefits of Domicile Certificate
The following are the benefits of obtaining domicile certificate:
- Domicile certificate enables the person to get local preference.
- This Certificate helps the students to get admission in an educational institution where residents are preferred.
- This Certificate is an essential document for obtaining a ration card.
- This Certificate can also be used for applying for State Government jobs where residents are preferred.
The following are the eligibility criteria for obtaining domicile certificate in Goa:
- The applicant should have a permanent residence in Goa can apply for domicile certificate.
- If a woman applicant does not originally belong to Goa but married a man who is a permanent resident of Goa, then she will be eligible to obtain domicile certificate.
The following are the required documents while applying for the domicile certificate in Goa.
- Birth Certificate
- Ration Card
- Educational Certificate such as Bonafide Certificate, School Leaving Certificate or any other document form Government authority showing as proof of residence.
- Identity proof ( Voters ID, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhaar Card)
- Affidavit on Rs. 50 stamp paper.
The applicant can obtain a domicile certificate in Goa at free of cost.
Step 1: Go to the home page of Goa Online.
Step 2: Click on ” Form Download ” option which is visible in the menu bar.
Step 3: On the next page, you need to click on ” Domicile Certificate” and download the application form in a PDF format.
Step 4: Fill up the application form and submit it to the Collector/District Magistrate along with the required documents in Goa. The applicant will receive an acknowledgement receipt with the delivery date for his/her Domicile Certificate.Goa Domicile Certificate
Note:- Further, the concerned authority will forward the application to Talathi to verify the application. After getting the receipt of a report from the Talathi, the applicant can collect the Domicile Certificate. Then the concerned authority will issue the Domicile Certificate within five days from the date of application.
The applicant can also check his/her domicile application status online. To check status follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the home page of Goa Online.
Step 2: Click on “Select Service” option and select “Residence Certificate” and enter your application acknowledgement number and click on “Submit” then check your application status.