Exploring the situation of unemployment in the country, the state of West Bengal has brought up various measures to restrain the impact of unemployment among the residents of the state. One such initiative of the West Bengal Government for its unemployed youth of both rural and urban areas is the Gatidhara Scheme. The Ministry of Employment and Labour implemented this scheme to motivate employment through the transport sector by offering a subsidy loan to purchase commercial vehicles such as bus, taxi, auto-rickshaw, truck, etc. out of which income can be generated. In this article, we look at the West Bengal Government Gatidhara scheme in detail
Features of Gatidhara Scheme
The Gatidhara scheme renders financial assistance in the form of a loan, which is sanctioned through all the Nationalized Banks, Co-operative Banks and Gramin Banks. Under this scheme, the project cost for the purchase of small and medium vehicle should fall within the maximum limit of Rs.10,00,000.
Pattern of Funding
- The State Government financially supports the applicant by granting a subsidy of 30% of the project cost provided that it confines to Rs.1,00,000
- The bank approves the entrepreneur a term loan of 65% of the project cost
- The applicant should contribute the remaining 5% of the project cost as margin money
About the loan
The disbursement of loan would take place within 15 days from the receipt of the subsidy and the entrepreneur’s contribution. The rate of interest will be at par with that of the similar schemes being introduced by the Government of West Bengal. The repayment period of the loan is 5 to 7 years.
The candidate applying for the scheme will be eligible on confirming to the following conditions:
- The candidate should be a resident of West Bengal
- The age limit of the applicant should be between 20 to 45 years of age. Relaxation of the upper age limit is available for the SC, ST and OBC candidates up to five and three years respectively
- The overall household income of the beneficiary should not surpass Rs.25,000 per month
- The candidate should possess a valid commercial driving license
- Only one member from a family is applicable for a subsidy
- Applicants who have availed a loan under BSKP, USKP or any other scheme are also eligible for this scheme
- Candidates who receive the benefits under Yuvashree are also eligible, which includes termination of the allowance as soon as the bank loan is disbursed
The following documents are required for applying under the Gatidhara scheme:
- Driving license
- Domicile certificate as a proof for residence
- Unemployment certificate
- A birth certificate as age proof
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate from the respective authority
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Project report
- Affidavit as per mentioned format
Applying for Gatidhara Scheme
The applicant should submit the duly filled application form to the office of Joint Director of Employment Kolkata District in case of Kolkata municipal corporation area. In contrast, the other applicants can submit to the respective sub-divisional officer (SDO) along with the necessary documents.
The application form, affidavit and the income or employment certificate must be submitted in the prescribed format. The copies of those are provided below:
Application FormGATIDHARA_SCHEME Application Form
Affidavit FormatGATIDHARA_SCHEME affidavit
Income Certificate FormatGATIDHARA_SCHEME income Certificate format
The screening committee responsible for the screening of the applications will invite candidates to attend the interview after which the suitable person with the project submitted by them will be selected.
Post by Marlin Priya
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.