Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana
Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana
Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana is a social welfare program administered by the Social Justice and Disabled Welfare Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh. This scheme intends to provide financial assistance and utility gifts to newly married couples of the poor family. The Madhya Pradesh Government has launched this welfare scheme to support the well-being of the poor families of the state. In this article, we will look at Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana in detail.
Know more about the Madhya Pradesh Marriage Certificate
The objective of Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana
The objective of the Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana is to stop discriminating the poor, assist and give them equal benefits just like any other citizen. This scheme provides marriage incentives to poor, needy and destitute families for getting their daughter married.
The eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana as given below:
- The applicant should be a citizen of Madhya Pradesh
- The applicant must not be an income taxpayer to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- The male applicant has to be 21 years old, and the female applicant has to be at least 18 years old.
- The parents of the girl child should be living in below poverty line.
- The applicants can avail the benefits of the scheme only if the marriage is socially, religiously and legally acceptable.
Benefits of Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana
The benefits of Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana are listed as follows:
- An amount of Rs.17000 is provided to the girl through an account of payee check for the well being of the married life and establishment of the world.
- Under this scheme, Rs.5000 is provided for the purchase of necessary materials such as clothes, nettles, silver, and seven utensils) for the ceremony. The value and quality of the material will be decided by the district-level committee.
- Apart from this grant, an expenditure of Rs.3000 is given to the rural/urban bodies for organizing group wedding programs.
- A smartphone or a check of Rs.3000 will be provided for the applicant to purchase the phone. After purchasing, the applicant has to produce a smartphone for verification.
Following documents need to be submitted for availing the benefit of Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana:
- Composite Code – Registration card under the labour cadre
- BPL Card for beneficiaries living below the poverty line
- Court order in case of ex-husband’s
- Death Certificate in case of a widow
- Applicant’s voter ID
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate
Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana Application Procedure
The application procedure to avail the benefit of Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana is explained in detail below: To get the benefit of Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana, the applicant can apply through offline and online.
Offline Application Process
If the applicant desires to apply offline, the applicant has to make a prescribed application form to Gram Panchayat, Janpad Panchayat, Ward Office, Urban bodies of the area where the applicant resides.Kanyadaan-15-23
- To get the benefit of Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana, the online application can be made through the Samagra Vivah Portal.
- The applicant has to log in to the portal using the user name and password. After login to the portal, the applicant needs to click on the Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana link.
- The application form will be displayed, provide all details in the application form. After completing the details, click on the submit button.
- Physical verification of the beneficiaries applying for assistance will be done by the respective bodies after that beneficiaries with the information of saving account by the district panchayat and urban bodies are verified as per the eligibility under the Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana.
- After verifying the beneficiary by the district panchayat and urban body, the proposal will be prepared and forwarded to the district office (drawing and disbursing officer).
- The list of beneficiaries will be uploaded in the treasury system based on the proposal received by the drawing and disbursing officer.
- The beneficiary will be e-paid through the system.