Balika Samridhi Yojana (BSY)
Balika Samridhi Yojana (BSY)
The Government of India has launched an assistance scheme entitled ”Balika Samridhi Yojana” to raise the status of the girl children. Under this scheme, the Government financially assist the families on birth of the first girl child. This scheme aims to support the economic empowerment of people belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) those who are living below the poverty line. In this article, we look at the amount of assistance, eligibility and application procedure of Balika Samridhi Yojana in detail.
Objective of the Scheme
The primary objective of the Balika Samridhi Yojana is to eliminate child mortality rate and child marriage cases in society. This scheme aims to promote girl child ratio and also promotes girls education in the state. This scheme assists the girl to undertake income-generating activities. This scheme is implemented in both rural/urban areas.
The below following are the criteria required to apply for the Balika Samridhi Yojana (BSY):
- A family must belong to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- The Below Poverty Line (BPL) families are eligible for this scheme.
- The applicant should be financially vulnerable.
- The beneficial couple should not be income taxpayers.
- The applicant must not receive any financial assistance or pension from the Government or other local bodies of Governments.
- The scheme offers money to only those students who will complete their high school education.
- In the case of more than 2 female students from a family will be not allowed to attain this benefit.
- The annual income of the parents, should not cross the limit of Rs.2 lakhs mark.
The amount to 1st and 2nd daughters of the family would be given in the following manner:
|From Class 1st Std. to 3rd Std.||INR 300 per annum for each class|
|Class 4th Std.||INR 500 per annum|
|Class 5th Std.||INR 600 per annum|
|Class 6th Std. to 7th Std.||INR 700 per annum for each class|
|Class 8th Std.||INR 800 per annum|
|From class 9th Std. to 10th Std.||INR 1000 per annum for each class|
The applicants must furnish the below following documents along with the Application Form to apply for the Balika Samridhi Yojana:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Income Certificate
- Resident Document
- Recent passport size photographs
- Financial background of applicants (BPL Certificate)
- School Admission documents/Final examination mark sheets
- Adoption certificate of guardian
- Bank passbook or parent/guardian’s bank passbook
- Any other documents (if required)
Key Features of the Balika Samridhi Yojana
The below following are the key features of the scheme:
- This scheme aims to create sustainable growth of all these people that further helps with improving their standard of living in society.
- With the implementation of this scheme, the Government will offer financial assistance to the parents of female students as they receive the amount to send their girls to school.
- This scheme eliminates the social evils in the society and helps the girls with a better standard of living.
- The beneficiaries will get the subsidy in their account at the fixed time frame by the government.
- This scheme is being implemented through Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) infrastructure in rural regions and through functionaries of the Health Department in urban zones.
Note: The parents will receive the instalments whereas if the third child is a girl, then the parents would not receive the benefit of further instalments in the scheme.
Procedure for Obtaining the Benefits
The applicant who wants to avail of the assistance under this scheme has to follow the procedure below:
Step 1: The applicant will have to address the Gram Panchayats/Municipalities to apply for this Balika Samridhi Yojana.
Step 2: Then, the applicant has to get the scheme form from the office and have to fill out the in the prescribed format along with copies of the detailed proposal including details of the market promotion to be offered with the cost break up in each segment separately.
The scheme form can also be downloaded from the official web portal of Child Protection & Child Rights and the same has been reproduced below for the ready reference in PDF format.
Application Form for receiving the post-birth benefit of Rs.500/- (for rural areas)
Application Form for receiving the post-birth benefit of Rs. 500/- (for urban areas)
Step 3: Get the application form to attach the specified records along with the application form and submit it to the concerned official.
Step 4: Then, the application form will be verified by the concerned officer, if the applications are not fulfilled the conditions are returned for fulfilling all the conditions.
Step 5: Finally, the concerned Tehsil Officer will certify all the documents and send to the District Welfare Officer to certify the application form. Upon submission of the application, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement for further reference.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.