Assam Kalpataru Scheme
Assam Kalpataru Scheme
The Government of Assam has initiated an employment generating scheme entitled “Kalpataru” to provide financial relief to the unemployed graduates of the state. Under the Kalpataru scheme, the Government will grant monthly financial assistance to support for self-employment in agriculture, industry and service sectors. It also promotes entrepreneurship and enhances self-employment opportunities, specifically in rural areas. Let us look in detail about the Assam Kalpataru Scheme in this article.
To know about Mukhyamantri Palanhar Yojana
Objective of the Scheme
The primary objective of the Assam Kalpataru Scheme is to create sustainable employment for poor people by empowering their entrepreneurial capabilities and technical skill through the package of support services. Under this scheme, the Assam Government provides subsidized financial help to the young citizens of the state and inspire them to enhance their skills. The assistance amount is granted to the educated unemployed youth for starting their own enterprises.
Benefits of the Scheme
Below are the important benefits of the scheme explained as follows:
- The Scheme was confined to the people belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) and the cost of the scheme was fixed between INR 7,000 to INR 25,000 with 20% beneficiary contribution.
- Under this scheme, the Assam Government will provide monthly financial assistance to support the jobless youths through self-employment and to induce them above the poverty line.
- The amount of financial aid will be directly transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account.
In general, to apply for Assam Kalpataru Scheme the applicants must meet the below-given criteria:
- Applicant’s age limit to be 18 to 35 years will be eligible for Assam Kalpataru Scheme
- Applicant should be the resident of Assam.
- Applicant must be jobless and registered as job-seeker.
- Applicant should have enrolled in an employment bank.
- It is required for the applicant to pass a graduate.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family must be less than INR 3 lakhs to apply for the scheme.
The requested documents to be furnished along with the application form are as follows:
- Domicile Certificate
- Photographs of the applicant (scanned copy)
- Signature Photographs of the applicant (scanned copy)
- Proof of higher secondary mark sheet and degree certificate
- Other educational documents like Inter/ITI/Diploma, etc. (if any)
- Identity Proof: PANCard, Aadhar, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Legal Passport, Aadhar, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Family income certificate
- Applicant must have already registered in an employment bank.
- Bank account details (copy of bank passbook).
- The applicant should not be a defaulter in the records of any bank.
- If the applicants have any work experience, then the certificates proving the same are necessary.
- Any other documents (if required)
Note: The fake documents or any discrepancy in the documents will lead to the rejection of the application. Therefore, the applicants are advised to provide the original certificates/records while applying for the scheme.
Nature of Assistance
The assistance amount is granted on the basis of three components that are tabulated below:
|Assistance Amount||Beneficiary Contribution||
|Kalpataru Component I:||The maximum assistance amount granted will be Rs. 7,000||Nil||Small enterprises like Poultry, Piggery, Rickshaw, Pan shop, Tailoring, Silk Worm Rearing, Saloon, etc.|
|Kalpataru Component II :||The minimum assistance amount granted will be between Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 40,000||20% (or less if the bank loan is more)||The scheme usually was taken up by the Assam Khadi Village Industries Board and the Rural Employment Guarantee Programme or as implemented by any other P & D Department as per the norms.|
|Kalpataru Component III||The maximum assistance amount granted will be between Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 75,000||20% (or less if the bank loan is more)||All medium type of micro-enterprise that are usually financed and supported by the Industry and Commerce Department.|
Application Procedure of Kalpataru Scheme
To apply for the Assam Kalpataru Scheme, the applicant has to follow the below procedure:
Step 1: Approach the Employment Office
- Approach the Employment department of Assam, to register for the employment generating scheme.
Step 2: Application Form
- The application forms for the Component I and II are called through the public advertisement and screened by the Deputy Commissioner.
- The application for the component –III will be issued by the General Manager, District Industrial Center (DIC).
Note: The applications can be downloaded online from the official website, and the same has been reproduced below for the reference:
Step 3: Selection of Beneficiaries
- For all these 3 components, the selection of beneficiaries will be done at the district level by the Committee that is chaired by the Deputy Commissioner.
Step 3: Fill in the Right Credentials
- The applicant will have to fill the application form with appropriate details without any mistakes. Provide the given following details in the application form.
- PAN Card/ Aadhaar Card
- Applicant details
- Phone/Mobile number
- E-mail address
- Name of the activity
- Brief description of the activity
- Banking and existing credit details
Step 4: Submit the Application Form
- Now, submit the business loan form in the prescribed format to the concerned office along with all the supporting certificates mentioned above.
Step 5: Attach Required Documents
- On Submission, attach the specified KYC proofs along with the scheme application form.
Step 6: Verification Process
- Then, the application form will be checked by the concerned officer, if the applications are not fulfilled the provisions are returned for fulfilling all the conditions.
- Then, the applicant will be provided with an acknowledgement slip for further reference.
- The amount will be deposited every month in the applicant’s bank account.
Step 6: Grant of Assistance
- All the development departments in the district provide assistance amount in the form of technical support and guidance. The monitoring process will be done by the District level Committee.