Arunachal Pradesh Tribe Certificate
Arunachal Pradesh Tribe Certificate
As per Indian Constitution, the term Scheduled Tribes refers to a specific indigenous group whose status is acknowledged to some formal degree by the National Legislation. A tribe certificate is proof of one’s belonging to a particular tribal group according to the Indian Constitution. Concerned District Collector can issue the tribe certificate to the citizen of Arunachal Pradesh. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Arunachal Pradesh Tribe Certificate in detail.
Scheduled Tribe people are found in various states in India. From the Post-Independence period till today, the tribal people are maintaining their own originality ethnic culture & tradition. Criteria for specifying the scheduled tribes are given here:
- The traditional occupation of a definite geographical area in India.
- The distinctive culture that includes a whole spectrum of tribal people ways of life that are the customs, traditions, language, religious beliefs, arts and crafts.
- Primitive traits were depicting occupational pattern and economy.
- Lack of educational and techno-economic development.
Importance of Tribe Certificate
Importance of obtaining Tribe certificate is explained in detail here.
- To prove tribal identity in the civil society and also identify the tribal community members, the tribal certificate is required.
- For students to avail all Government facilities like educational facilities in College and University.
- For applying for a scholarship, students must submit a tribe certificate.
- Tribe certificate is mandatory to get relaxation in fees at the time of admission in the Educational Institution.
- To get relaxation in upper age limits when applying for Government Jobs, tribe certificate has to be produced.
- To avail the facility of reservation of seat in the various elections conducted to choose representative’s tribe certificate works as a most important document.
- Local bodies’ elections
- Assembly elections
- Parliamentary elections
Documents required for applying Arunachal Pradesh Schedule Tribe (ST) Certificate is listed below:
- Verification document from GB/HGB and Admin Officer
- Attested copy of Land Allotment Passbook (Urban) of Father or Guardian corresponding to Present Address
- Attested copy of Land Possession Certificate (Rural) of Father or Guardian corresponding to Present Address
- Passport-sized Coloured Photograph
- Attested Copy of Birth Certificate
- Attested copy of Father’s ST Certificate
- Attested Copy of Applicant’s Permanent Resident Certificate
- Marriage certificate – for married woman
Fees for obtaining tribe certificate in Arunachal Pradesh are Rs. 25.
The tribe certificate is valid for a lifetime.
People belonging to the tribes enlisted in the notified orders of the Government can apply for obtaining a Tribe Certificate.
Applying through District Magistrate / Collector
Procedure to apply tribe certificate through District Magistrate or collector is explained in detail below.
Step 1: Fill the application in a proper format with two passport size photographs. The following details need to be furnished in the application form.
- Father Name
- Residential address
- Tribe detail
- Age & Date of birth
Step 2: Submit the application form along with all required documents to concerned District Magistrate or Collector.
Step 3: After verification, District collector will issue the certificate to the applicant.
You can get the tribe certificate by directly visiting the District collector office.
Applying through Common Service Centers (CSC)
The applicant can apply in the prescribed format at the Common Service Centers in their locality along with all required supporting documents. On successful submission of application, get an acknowledgement slip from CSC executive. After approval by District Collector, digitally signed tribe certificate would be issued. You can collect a certificate from CSC centre by providing an application or reference number.
Applying through Service Plus
For applying for tribe certificate through online Arunachal Pradesh Service plus (e-Service) portal, follow the procedure given here. Note: Before applying through e-Service, keep scanned copies of all supporting documents.
Step 1: Visit the home page of Arunachal Pradesh e-Service portal.
Step 2: Log in to the portal for applying certificate by providing username and password.
Step 3: If you are new to the portal, register yourself under this portal by clicking on Register yourself option. Provide details such as Address, Mobile Number, Email ID etc.
Step 4: After registration, the applicant will receive an activation link to the registered email ID.
Step 5: Once login to the portal, select Tribe certificate service from the menu.
Step 6: Provide all details in the application form.
- Name of Father/Mother
- Date of Birth/Age
- For whom the certificate is required
- Details of tribe
- Purpose of obtaining the certificate
Step 7: Click on the save button and upload all required documents (refer above).
Step 8: You can make the payment of requisite fee towards the application through net banking. After payment, apply.
Step 9: After the successful submission of the application in ServicePlus, an acknowledgement receipt will be generated, having the application/reference number for the application.
Step 10: Take a print-out of acknowledgement receipt. Keep it safe for future reference.
Note: The Service Plus will send an automatic SMS notifying the applicant about the successful submission of application and reference number.
Step 11: The application will be forwarded to the concerned authority for approval. District commissioner will issue the certificate after approval.
Note: Regarding the progress of the application, the applicant will receive an SMS.
Status of Application
You can track application status online by visiting the Service Plus main page. Select ‘know your status of application’ option or Click on Tracking.
In the next page, you have to select State Government for the service provider, select Arunachal Pradesh and income certificate from the drop-down menu. Also, mention the application Submission mode and provide a reference number.
After entering the verification code, click on the submit button, the status of the application will be displayed.
Verify and Download Certificate
Follow the below-mentioned steps to verify the Arunachal Pradesh income certificate.
Step 1: To verify, Select “Verify Certificate” Link from e-Service portal.
Step 2: Provide the Application Reference Number and Token Number available at the bottom of the certificate.
Step 3: Click on the Get Certificate option.
Verify the details of tribe certificate and download the certificate. In case any mistake, contact concerned District Collector for making corrections.
For more detail, the citizen can directly contact to the PIO in the EAC or to the Deputy Commissioner of a District.