Andaman and Nicobar Marriage Certificate
Andaman and Nicobar Marriage Certificate
In India, marriages that are solemnised are to be compulsory registered under the Marriage Registration Act. Marriage certificate serves as proof that two people are married. The Marriage Registrar is responsible for issuing the Marriage certificate under the Government of Andaman and Nicobar. In this article, we view the procedure for obtaining the Andaman and Nicobar marriage certificate in detail.
Marriage Registration under the Hindu Marriage Act
Every marriage that is solemnised under the Hindu Marriage Act is to be registered by the Marriage Registrar in ninety days from the date of a marriage celebrated. At the time of registration, the application form for a marriage certificate with the applicant signature has to be submitted in the marriage Registrar office. In case of violations in the above registration, the request for marriage registration will be cancelled.
Marriage Registration under the Special Marriage Act
For registration of special marriage in Puducherry, the following conditions must be satisfied:
- Groom age should be 21 years and bride should have completed 18 years at the event of solemnization.
- Marriage registration can be done with the Registrar Officer in Residence of bridegroom or Residence of bride or Solemnization place.
- In the case of special marriage registration, a notice of intended marriage will be first provided. If there is no objection for the marriage within 30 days from the notice, marriage will be registered.
Purpose of Marriage Certificate
The marriage certificate is an official document that is proof that the two persons are married. Marriage certificate provides social security, particularly to married women’s. Further, the marriage certificate is necessary for obtaining or changing various other documents like passport, ration card, PAN card name change, etc.
The concerned authority responsible for registering and issuance of the marriage certificate is Additional District Magistrate with powers of Registrars of Marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act and Special Marriage Act.
To apply for a marriage certificate in Andaman and Nicobar, the applicant needs to satisfy the following eligible conditions:
- The bride should be the age of 18 years and above.
- The groom must be at the age of 21 years and above.
- The applicant needs to be a permanent resident of Andaman and Nicobar.
Apply to the Registrar of Marriage along with the following documents:
- Proof of Identity like Islander Card, Aadhaar card, Election Card etc.
- Age Proof of both parties like Birth Certificate, Matriculation Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, Wedding Card, Nikah Naama.
- Two passport size photograph of both parties.
- Identity proof of witness.
- Bride & groom with three stamp size photo physically present before the marriage Officer along with witness and proof.
- Individual Affidavit from both of them as prescribed duly attested.
Government Fee for Marriage Registration
The Government charges Rs.50 from the applicant to register their marriage and to obtain the marriage certificate from the concerned authority.
Applying Procedure for Marriage Registration
To apply for the marriage certificate in Andaman and Nicobar, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official website
The applicant has to visit the Additional District Magistrate or Deputy Commissioner’s office to obtain the application form for the marriage certificate. The application form is below for quick reference.
Step 2: Complete the Details
The applicant needs to fill the application form in a described format.Andaman marriage certificate
Step 3: Submit the form
Then submit the duly filled application form to the concerned authority of District Magistrate office along with the required documents.
Step 4: Receive Acknowledgement Slip
After applying, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement slip for further reference.
Step 5: Issuance of the concerned authority
The concerned authority will issue the marriage certificate after verification of your application.
Validity of Marriage Certificate
The marriage certificate remains valid for the lifetime, and hence there is no need to prompt for renewal.
After verifying the application and all other relevant documents, the applicant can obtain the marriage certificate within 30 working days from the date of application.