Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana
Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana
The Indian Government has come up with its various schemes for women, specially focusing on their empowerment. The Women & Child Development Department of Gujarat implemented a social security scheme for widowed and destitute women with children living in the state. The main objective of the scheme is to not only support their economic condition but also empower such women by financially assisting them. In this article, we look about the scheme in detail.
Benefits under Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana
This initiative of Gujarat to make women self-reliant has the following benefits.
- Under Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana, a margin money of Rs. 3000/- is given to help them to be independent and empower living.
- The applicant is offered a monetary assistance of Rs.500 through post office every month.
- In addition, Rs.80 (per child) is provided for two children of the applicant through post office every month.
To benefit under this scheme, the applicant should satisfy the following conditions.
- The applicant should be a resident of Gujarat.
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 and 60 to take advantage of this scheme.
- The women applying should be a widow and a destitute.
- The applicant should belong to the economically weaker section.
- The applicant who has remarried is not eligible to avail this scheme.
- Assistance is provided only for two children for an application
The following documents are to be attached along with the application form.
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, ration card)
- Residence Proof (Domicile certificate of Gujarat)
- Proof of age (Birth certificate, SSLC mark sheet)
- BPL Certificate (if available)
- Widow certificate / death certificate of husband (if available)
- Report signed by Patwari or Municipal Councilor
- Passport size photograph
Note: The assistance money will be disbursed through post offices. So it is necessary that the applicant should hold an account in post office.
The eligible applicant can apply to this scheme by approaching the Anganwadi Worker or CDPO at the Block or District Welfare Office. The application form of Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana should be collected and duly filled by the applicant. Once completed, the prescribed documents must be attached along with form and submitted to the concerned authority of the District Welfare Office.
The applicant can also download from the copy of the application form that is provided below.Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana Application Form
Post by Marlin Priya
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.