Rythu Raksha Scheme
Rythu Raksha Scheme
The Andhra Pradesh Government is planning to launch an investment support scheme, Rythu Raksha Scheme for the farmers of the State. The input subsidy scheme grants financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 per acre to the small, marginal and tenant farmers in the State. The project acquired its cabinet approval on 21st January 2019 and will be implemented from the next Kharif season. The article discusses in detail the features of Rythu Raksha Scheme.
Objectives of the Scheme
Rythu Raksha Scheme works with the following goals.
- To provide financial security to the farmers.
- To assist farmers during the sowing seasons.
- To ensure that farmers do not make agricultural loans.
- To prevent farmers from committing suicides.
Overview of the Scheme
Rythu Raksha Scheme provides financial assistance to farmers in Andhra Pradesh. The State Government provides financial support of Rs. 10,000 per acre every year to the farmers. This sum is split into two instalments of Rs. 5000, which is offered to farmers during the beginning of both the Kharip and Rabi seasons. The agricultural funding given to the farmers is directly deposited to the beneficiary’s bank account. The funds provided by the scheme can be used for the upcoming sowing season, purchase seeds, fertilisers and to pay labour charges.
Features of Rythu Raksha Scheme
Given below are the highlights of the scheme.
Rythu Raksha Scheme is based on the popular scheme ‘Rythu Bandhu Scheme‘, implemented by the Telangana government. The officials are collecting farmer’s data across the state.
According to the scheme draft, the State Government offers a total of Rs. 10,000 to all eligible beneficiaries.
The implementation of the scheme ensures the development of the ordinary and needy farmers of the State.
The fund provided by the AP Government has to be used for buying agricultural supplies.
- In addition to this, the farmers can use the funding to purchase high-quality seeds, fertilisers and bug repellents to develop better yield.
- All beneficiaries receive Rs. 5000 during the sowing of the Rabi crop and Rs. 5000 will be offered to prepare the farm for Kharif crops. The total amount will be deposited in a single payment.
- The total amount an individual receives depends on the whole measure of the farm. For every acre, the government deposits Rs. 10,000 each year.
- All beneficiaries should possess a bank account to receive the amount.
- The State Government pays the grant through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT).
- The Government implements the scheme on a pilot basis. The project helps in proper monitoring and distribution of benefits. Once the project is successfully performed, the State includes tenant agricultural workers.
Benefits of Rythu Raksha Scheme
The beneficiaries of the State can avail the following benefits from the scheme.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 would be given each year.
- A sum of Rs. 5,000 will be given at the beginning of Kharip season and an amount of Rs. 5,000 will be provided at the start of Rabi season.
- The scheme increases crop production and decreases the migration of citizens from the State.
- The scheme develops agricultural employment in the State thereby increasing the economy.
The eligibility criteria for beneficiaries to avail the benefits of the scheme is given below.
- The scheme is applicable only in Andhra Pradesh.
- The scheme is applicable for only small, marginal and tenant farmers.
- The applicants have to be residents of the State.
- The applicants have to be associated with farming on a full-time basis for registering and attaining financial help from the Government.
The documents necessary to apply for this scheme are given below.
- Residential certificate
- Income Certificate
- Voter ID
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Bank Details
- Bank Account Number
- Branch code
- Bank name
- IFSC code
The eligible beneficiaries can apply to this scheme by filling the application form online. The following are the application procedure to use for this scheme.
Step 1: Log in to the website
The applicant is required to visit the official website of the scheme.
Step 2: Click on the form link
Once entering into the website, the applicant has to click on the application form link.
Step 3: Enter the Details
The applicant has to enter the following details.
- Name of the Applicant
- Residential Address
- Bank Account
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details
Step 4: Upload Documents
The applicant has to upload the documents such as passport size photograph, signature etc.
Step 5: Submit Application
After entering all the required details, the applicant has to submit the application by clicking the ‘Submit’ option.
Also know about Adarana 2 Scheme