Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India
Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India
India ranks third in the manufacture and export of pharmaceutical products. Considering the vast potential and global demand for the pharmaceutical products, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India established the Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India (Pharmexcil) under the provision of Foreign Trade Policy in the year 2004. The Council, which is headquartered at Hyderabad works towards boosting the growth of the pharma industry by conducting international trade fairs and other promotional activities.
Mission of the Council
The Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India was launched with a mission,
- To harmonise and smoothen the drug registration process in the partner countries
- To launch national health protection schemes that will improve the safety and efficacy of the drugs
- To overcome the technical barriers that are hindering the export of the drugs
- To enhance the knowledge of the council members by offering operational advice and regulatory matters of the partnering countries.
- To create revenue streams for individuals by increasing the export opportunities and by emerging as a global hub for pharmaceutical products.
Functions of the Council
The Pharmexcil acts as a bridge between the Government of India and the pharmaceutical agencies spread across the globe. It analyses the pharma market to come up with a feasible solution for the hindrances in the market. The Council is the authoritative agency that issues the Certification of Origin and RCMC to the entrepreneurs.
It evaluates all the pharma export policies laid down by the Government of India and suggests the changes in the policies. The Council organises the national and international trades and seminars for its members to widen their network and opportunities. It offers support to its members in claiming their Market Access Incentives disbursed by the Government of India.
Pharmexcil is the responsible body to check the safety and quality of the pharmaceutical products that are manufactured and exported from the country by executing the barcode technology. It keeps check on the entire supply chain with the help of Global Trade Identification Number (GTIN) and through trace and track system.
Benefits for the Council Members
As per the notification issued by the DGFT on 16-03-2005, only the entrepreneurs holding the Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) approved and issued by the Pharmexcil can avail benefits from the Council. Some of the benefits are cited below:
- Participate in the international trade fairs to exhibit their products/services
- Take part in the national and international seminars organised by the Council where they can share and learn about the developmental activities
- Get access to regulatory updates about their partnering country and other significant details related to the pharma industry shared on their website, and
- Avail several schemes disbursed by the Government of India
Products Covered under Pharmexcil
The products/services which are covered under the range of Pharmexcil are as follows:
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)
- Finished Dosage Forms (FDF)
- Herbal/Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy
- Diagnostics and Surgical
- Collaborative Research
- Contract Manufacturing
- Clinical Trials & Consultancy and
- Regulatory Services
It is mandatory for the entrepreneurs to become a member of the Pharmexcil to avail its benefits and they should pay their subscription amount to the Council either by drawing a DD in favour of ‘Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India’ or by transferring it through NEFT/RGTS. The details regarding the membership fee as per their categories are listed below:
- Large Scale Entrepreneurs should pay a total amount of Rs.63,720 as an entrance fee of Rs.18,000 and an annual subscription fee of Rs.36,000 and GST amount of Rs.9720.
- Small Scale Entrepreneurs should pay an entrance fee of Rs.5,000 and an annual subscription fee of Rs.10,000 and a tax amount of Rs.2700.
- Retailers/exporters who are applying for the membership should pay a total amount of Rs.21,240, i.e., an entrance fee of Rs.6,000, tax amount of Rs.3240 and annual subscription fee of Rs.12,000.
For Large Scale Entrepreneurs
Individuals from the Large Scale Manufacturing units should present a certificate authorised and issued by the Secretariat for Industrial Assistance, IEC, PAN Card, Industrial and Drug License Certificate along with the detailed report of their company.
For Small Scale Entrepreneurs
The Small Scale Entrepreneurs should submit the SSI certificate issued by the Director of Industries, IEC, Pan Card, SSI Permanent Registration, Drug Registration Certificate along with the detailed report of their company.
Retailers/exporters should submit IEC, PAN Card, Drug License Certificate along with their company brochure
The individuals who are willing to become a member of Pharmexcil can log into their official website and submit their online application form. Individuals should submit a copy of the application form, mandatory documents along with three copies of signed and attested RCMC for the approval of Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC).
Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India,
201, Aditya Trade Center, Ameerpet, Hyderabad – 500038
Email: [email protected]