Odisha Income Certificate
Odisha Income Certificate
Income certificate is a government document that serves as a proof of income of a person from all sources, which includes the gross annual income of an individual and the entire family. Odisha income certificate is issued by the Department of Revenue to avail the various schemes launched by the State Government. The issuance of income certificate is also done by the Common Service Center (CSC) Agents / Facilitation Center Operator in the state. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining an Odisha income certificate.
Uses of Income Certificate
Significant uses of income certificate are as follows:
- Income certificate has to be produced to avail tax relaxation at the time of property/land purchase.
- To avail fee concession in an educational institution and for obtaining admissions in educational institutions under the reserved quota.
- It is useful in obtaining benefits such as an old-age pension, widow pension and agricultural labourer pension.
- Income Certificate helps obtain loans in banks.
- Income certificate is mandatory to avail subsidy from the State Government.
Any individual who is employed and a resident of Odisha are eligible to apply for an Odisha income certificate.
At the time of submitting the application form online, submit the following documents:
- Age Proof: Applicant Birth Certificate, Aadhar Card, PAN Card.
- Address Proof: Ration Card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Electricity bill, Water bill, and property tax receipt.
- Photograph: Applicant passport size photograph.
- Proof of Income: Form 16 if salaried, income tax return statement, salary slip.
Income Certificate will be issued within 15 days from the date of application.
The fee structure for obtaining Income certificate in Odisha is below:
|1||Service Charges of the kiosk Operator||Rs.8.00|
|4||Certificate Output Charges||Rs.10.00|
|6||The Government fees and User charges||Rs.30.00|
Applying for Income Certificate
To apply for income certificate in Odisha state, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Before applying for income certificate, the applicant needs to visit the nearest CSC centre in the area.
Step 2: The applicant has to submit an application in the prescribed format for income certificate at CSC.
The application form for Income certificate can be also be downloaded from the official e-District Odisha portal. The homepage image will be displayed as below:
The application form is below for the reference:
Step 3: Now, you have to provide the following mandatory details in the application form:
- Personal details like name, date of birth, and parents details of the applicant must be given.
- Permanent address details of the applicant
- Annual Income Details of the applicant
- Children Details
Step 4: The Common Service Center (CSC) Agents / Facilitation Center Operator will issue a receipt with the application number. The applicant will receive the application number to the mobile number.
The applicant can also track application status from Odisha e-District web portal. Then you have to enter your application number and click on search to display the application status.
Verify Certificate Details
Once the applicant’s income certificate request is accepted, the applicant will be notified that the application has been approved. Verify the income certificate through Odisha e-District portal by clicking on “certificate verification” option. Enter the application number and then click on the “search” button to verify your certificate details.