NTR Bharosa Pension
NTR Bharosa Pension
As a part of welfare programmes, the Government of Andhra Pradesh has implemented NTR Bharosa Pension schemes for the neediest and vulnerable people, particularly the old and infirm. In this article, we look at the Andhra Pradesh NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme application process, pension status check and the eligibility criteria in detail.
Types of Pensions under NTR Bharosa
- Old Age Pension
- Weavers Pension
- Widow Pension
- Disabled Pension
- Toddy Toppers Pension
- Anti Retroviral Therapy Pension
- Chronic Kidney Disease of Unknown etiology Pension
Pension amount for NTR Bharosa Pensioners in Andhra Pradesh is as detailed below.
Monthly Pension Amount (Rs.)
|Old Age Person||1000|
Disabled (PWD <80%)
Anti Retroviral Therapy (ART)
Disabled (PWD > or =80%)
Eligibility Criteria for NTR Bharosa Pension
The following are the eligibility criteria for obtaining NTR Bharosa Pension for various categories.
Eligibility Criteria for Old Age
Both male and female, who are 65 years of age or above and are destitute are eligible for this pension.
Eligibility Criteria for Weavers Pension
Age criteria for weavers to get NTR Bharosa pension are 50 years and above
Eligibility Criteria for Widow Pension
If the age of the widow is 18 years and above, she is eligible for NTR Bharosa pension.
Eligibility Criteria for Disabled Pension
- No age limit for the disabled person
- Disabled persons having a minimum of 40% disability is eligible for NTR Bharosa Pension.
Eligibility Criteria for Toddy Tappers Pension
- 50 years and above-aged Toddy Tappers are eligible for NTR Bharosa Pension.
- Members of Toddy Co-operative Societies (TCS) or to an individual tapper under the Tree For Tappers (TFT) scheme and who have completed 50 years of age as on 1.2.2009.
Eligibility Criteria for Anti Retroviral Therapy Pension
- No age limit for ART pension
- The person is undergoing 6 months continuous treatment on ART is eligible to apply for this pension.
- If a person is already covered in any other category of Social Security Pension scheme without considering ART pension will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria for Chronic Kidney Disease of Unknown etiology Pension
No age limit for CKDU pension. Patients undergoing continuous kidney dialysis (Even already covered in any category of Social Security Pension scheme) is eligible for NTR Bharosa pension.
Selection of Pensioners
The fundamental criterion to get eligibility for pension being the Below Poverty Line (BPL) status, Government have decided to examine the following factors for inclusion and exclusion of pensions.
Priority shall be given to below-mentioned persons.
- ST households particularly PVTG households in agency areas
- SC households
- Practising Artisans (Weavers, Toddy Tappers, Barbers, Washer men, Potters, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Cobbler, Animal herder, Village Artistes etc.) and Other Backward Classes
- Daily labourers (Daily wage labourers, Agricultural Labourers, Migrated labourers)
- Nomadic Tribes having no permanent residence
- Households with destitute or orphans
- Households with disabled
- Households of manual scavengers
- Other poor households
- State or Central Government and PSU Employees
- Government employee pensioners (including PSU, Central Govt etc.)
- Income taxpayers (Know more about income tax filing)
- Landowners having more than 2.5 Acres of wet and 5 Acres dry or both wet and dry together more than 5 Acres (except ST in scheduled areas in ITDAs)
- Outsourced employees
- Private salaried (monthly salaried)
- Owner of car
- Freedom Fighter pension holders
Documents Required to apply for NTR Bharosa Pension
- Photograph of applicant
- Aadhaar number
- Savings bank account number
- Proof of age
- Photocopy death certificate of the husband in case of widows
- Photocopy of registration in Cooperative society of Toddy Tappers
- Weavers should submit a photocopy copy of registration in Co-operatives society of weavers
- SADAREM Certificate in the case of persons with disabilities 40%
NTR Bharosa Pension Application Process
A person seeking NTR Bharosa pension can follow these steps.
Step 1: Apply through Grama Panchayat with duly-filled application form along with documents mentioned above
Step 2: After getting the application from Grama Panchayat, Janmabhoomi committees will check all the detail of the applicant.
Step 3: The MPDO or Municipal Commissioner logins will upload the eligible list to DRDA after verification by the Janma Bhoomi committee for sanction.
Note: Janmabhoomi is a campaign which looks after and works on development activities through Village Development Committees or JBMV committees, implements Government’s welfare schemes and take up initiatives like face-to-face interactions with people to seek their feedback.
The MPDO is the sanctioning authority for all pensions, in favour of eligible persons recommended by the Janmabhoomi Committees.
The Municipal Commissioner is the sanctioning authority in respect of all pensions, in favour of eligible persons recommended by the Janmabhoomi Committees.
Mandal Parishad Development Officer or Municipal Commissioner release funds to the Panchayat Secretary or Bill Collector.
Step 4: Once the pension is sanctioned, a Pensioner ID will be provided to the pensioner. The details of pensioner will be available online.
Step 5: Panchayat Secretary or Bill Collector shall disburse pensions directly to the pensioners in the village or ward in the presence of Sarpanch or Ward Member and the members of Gram Panchayat or Ward.
Step 6: Tabs along with biometric devices have been deployed to the pension disbursement officers enabling them to make payment of pension amount to beneficiaries every month.
Step 7: Pension will be disbursed on 1st of every month at a fixed place and time slot allotted by the committee and doorstep payment will be given for bedridden and Leprosy pensioners.
Step 8: Pensioners are provided with a Rupay card — the pension money disbursed through a mini ATM.
Check Status of Application Online
Here is the complete procedure to check the status of application of NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme.
Step 1: To check the status of the NTR Bharosa Pension Scheme application visit the official website of NTR
Step 2: The applicant has to click on the option search at the top of the page.
Step 3: Select fill Pension Id or Aadhaar number on this page.
Step 4: The applicant has to fill the name of the district, Mandal, panchayat and the name of the habitation.
Step 5: Now, the applicant has to click on the search option, and it will show the status of the NTR Bharosa Pension.