Maharashtra Fire License
Maharashtra Fire License
As per the provisions under the Maharashtra Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act, 2006, it is compulsory to possess a Fire License or No-Objection Certificate to obtain a building plan approval from the Maharashtra Urban Development Authority. Maharashtra Fire Services Department issues fire license to verify the conformity of requirements of fire safety measures of premises. In this article, we review the procedure for obtaining Maharashtra fire license in detail.
Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act, in Maharashtra
According to the Maharashtra Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act, any person intending to hold construction/building of more than fifteen meters in height for business or commercial plans must apply for a fire no objection certificate to the Cheif Fire Officer. The form has to be duly authorised before submission along with the relevant building plans to the sanctioned authority which is the Local Municipal Corporation under the state law.
Reasons for Obtaining Fire NOC
The person is required to obtain a fire NOC or fire license under the following conditions:
- Fire license is a needed for anyone seeking trade license or occupancy certificate from the civic body in the state.
- Fire license is expected to carry out businesses and trading operations, as listed under the State disaster and fire services Department.
- Fire license is required to confirm that construction of the building is resistant or unlikely to adopt any fire-related disaster.
Fire License Categories
In Maharashtra, Fire License are required to obtain by the below listed out categories.
- Education buildings.
- Residential apartment buildings
- Hospitals and sanatoria
- Custodial institutions
- Telephone exchange.
- Assembly buildings
- Multiplex buildings
- Business buildings
- Mercantile buildings
- Industrial buildings Low hazard
- Industrial buildings Moderate hazard
- Industrial buildings High hazard
- Storage buildings High hazard
The below mentioned are the required documents that should be submitted along with the application form of Maharashtra fire license.
- Slip of the payment of Fire Protection Fund Fees and Additional Fire Protection Fund Fees paid to MIDC.
- Photograph of the fire system in working condition.
- Alarm or Ventilation consultant certificate.
- Applied for Number of towers(With tower numbers and name)
- As built area statement from Licensed Architect with floor wise area and indicating the total cover area on each floor.
- Certificate of Compliance with Provisional Fire Approval submitted by License Agency appointed by the company.
- No Dues Certificate from MIDC Accounts Dept. (only if charges are paid in the incremental condition).
Online Application Procedure for No Objection Certificate / Fire License
The applicant can receive a No Objection Certificate or Fire License online by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: The applicant needs to visit the official website of Maharashtra Fire Service Department.
Step 2: Click on “Online service” which is displayed on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: Select “Provisional Approval” and click on the link ” Click here for Online Application of e-fire approval”.
Step 4: On the next screen, click on “New Registration” if registering for the first time.
Step 5: Then the application form for the e-registration will open up.
Step 6: The applicant has to fill the registration form with the necessary details and click on the ” Submit” button.
Step 7: After registering than the current page will be redirected to the login page where the applicant has to enter the login details like username and password and click on “Login” button.
Step 8: Now, the application form for the Fire NOC will appear on the next screen.
Step 9: The applicant has to provide information such as
- Name of the building
- Type of NOC
- Applicant’s email address
- Address details
- District Name
- Mobile Number
- Type of Building
- Height of building
- Plot area
After entering the details upload the required documents along with it.
Step 10: Upon submission, the online payment has to done by the applicant for successful registration.
Step 11: After verification by the concerned authority, the No objection certificate will be issued within the specified period.
The entire process of granting a No Objection Certificate or a Fire License can be completed in fifteen days from the date of application received.
The concerned authority responsible for issuing No objection certificate or fire license is listed below:
- Divisional Fire Officer- Built-up area to 10,000 sq. Meters and building height up to 24 meters.
- Deputy Chief Fire Officer -Built-up area up to 15,000 sq. Meters and building height up to 30 meters.
- Chief Fire Officer – Built-up area beyond 15,000 sq. meters and building height beyond 30 meters.
Issuance of Fire License
On payment of fees online and submission, the application will be forwarded to the concerned fire officer. The Concerned fire officer assigns the application to a committee of Officers, and the committee inspects the premises/building and submits the report online within seven days. The Committee then forwards the report to the concerned fire officer who approves or rejects the application, and the applicant will get an email with the final approved certificate.
Fire License Validity
In Maharashtra, Fire License or No Objection Certificate is valid for one year of the date of issue. Hence, it has to be renewed every year.
Know more about Delhi Fire License