ring
Kisan Karz Mafi Yojana

Kisan Karz Mafi Yojana

Kisan Karz Mafi Yojana

The farming community plays a crucial role in food generation, but their efforts and contributions remain undermined in a country which is one of the largest producers of agriculture in the world. India accounts for over 12,000 farmer suicides in a year; which when computed would count up to approximately 10% of all suicides in the country.  As a measure to curb this menace and to provide solace to the farmers, the Uttar Pradesh Government came up with an initiative known as Kisan Karz Mafi Yojana. The scheme, as the name suggests, seeks to forgive, or in other words, reprieve the farmers of their loans classified under NPA (Non Performing Assets). This article looks at the scheme in detail.

The Framework

The scheme seeks to waive the outstanding loans of farmers to the extent of Rs.1,00,000. The State Government would contribute 75% of the loan amount for each farmer, and the remaining 25% would be waived by the bank. These farmers would be considered eligible to obtain another loan.

Eligibility

The scheme is applicable to farmers who have availed loans from co-operative banks. The eligible farmers are identified with the help of a task force.

Procedure to Claim Waiver

To avail the benefits of this scheme, the eligible farmer is required to deposit twenty five per cent of the loan exemption to the respective bank account. In addition to this, the farmer needs to make an online application by logging into the official website of “Kisan Karz Mafi Yohana”, wherein the application could be made by entering the requisite details.

Checking Status

After submitting the application, the farmer is vested with the option of verifying the status of the same. Here’s the procedure through which it can be done:

Step 1:- The application status could be checked by entering the official website – https://www.upkisankarjrahat.upsdc.gov.in/

Step 2:-  Login using your user ID and password.

Step 3:- Select the option “Debt forgiveness status”, which would effectively direct you to the page wherein the status of application could be traced.

Post by Sreeram Viswanath

IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.

User

Hi there,

Online We are available online!