Karnataka Solvency Certificate
Karnataka Solvency Certificate
Solvency certificate certifies an individual’s creditworthiness and the total amount of assets held by an individual. The government of Karnataka issues solvency certificate to verify the solvency of a person who undertakes certain works or functions. In this article, we will look at the procedure for obtaining Karnataka solvency certificate in detail.
Importance of Karnataka Solvency Certificate
Some of the main uses of Karnataka Solvency Certificate are listed below:
- Karnataka solvency certificate proves the financial stability of an individual or entity.
- This certificate indicates one’s history which he has earned with his previous dealings with other financial institutions from where he had earlier availed of loans.
- This certificate helps to obtain financial support by way of loans from banks or other financial institutions.
- A solvency certificate authenticates that a person is not a declared insolvent.
- Solvency certificate is usually used to prove financial strength while applying for a visa interview.
- Solvency certificate is a mandatory document for Government Departments or other organisations for applying for tenders or similar purposes.
- This is particularly very useful for students who wish to pursue higher education abroad as most universities need this certificate
- Solvency certificate is necessary for seeking admission in Government medical or engineering colleges.
- This certificate plays an important role in court matters like obtaining bails.
- Solvency certificate is required for submitting to the property sales tax in Karnataka.
Note: A bank also issues solvency certificates based on the bank account transactions and reports obtained from a Chartered Accountant.
The below-mentioned details will be considered in a solvency certificate:
- Aspects of District, Taluk and Village of the property.
- Old survey and Subdivision number of the property.
- Information regarding the re-survey block.
- Resurvey, and subdivision number will be considered for computing the solvency.
- Land mutation number.
- Class and Extent of land in Hector.
- Market value and Fair Value of land.
- Details of Liability amount.
The following supporting documents must be submitted for obtaining Karnataka Solvency certificate.
- Application Form of Solvency Certificate
- Passport size scanned a photograph of the applicant
- Identity Proof of applicant – Driving License, Ration card, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport or PAN Card
- Address Proof of Applicant – Telephone Bill, Water Bill, Electricity Bill, Voter ID Card, Ration Card or Aadhaar Card
- Details of Immovable property along with documents
- Copy of Registration Certificate of Motor Vehicle of Applicant
- Copy of Insurance certificate of Motor Vehicle
- Copy of sale deed of house or building
- Copy of proof of house tax.
- Valuation report of government value
- Proof of rented value, if any
- Encumbrance certificate
- In case of agriculture land, its size and details of location with Khasra number
- Documentary proof of Name of Owner or Co-Owner with a share of each
- Bank account book
- Documents of financial assets like bonds, share certificate, fixed deposits, provident fun
- Shareholdings of all directors of financial structures
- Income tax returns for the last three years
- Copy of land valuation certificate
Karnataka solvency certificate will be issued within seven days from the date of submission of application.
For processing Karnataka solvency certificate, a service charge of Rs.15 needs to be paid. Fee for issuing solvency certificate including financial certificates is tabulated here:
|Up to Rs.1.00 lakh||Rs.300|
|Above Rs.1.00 lakh||
Rs.200 per lakh
The Revenue Department is the concerned department for the issuance of Karnataka solvency certificate. The applicant requesting for the solvency certificate should apply to the Tahsildar of the concerned district which is the competent authority.
Applying through Nemmadi Kendra
Procedure for applying Karnataka solvency certificate through Nemmadi Kendra is explained in detailed step by step procedure below:
Step 1: Applicant needs to approach the nearest Nemmadi Kendra, for applying the Karnataka solvency certificate.
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant has to submit an application in prescribed format along with documents for solvency certificate at Nemmadi Kendra. Provide details of land, Amount for which Solvency Certificate is required and Purpose of applying for Solvency Certificate, Details of Employment, Details of the value of all Property and details of Current Assets.
Step 3: Pay the applicable fee to the Nemmadi Kendra operator for processing solvency certificate and issue the same. Get acknowledgement slip with application number from Nemmadi Kendra operator. Note this application number for future reference.
Solvency Certificate Processing
Step 4: The request for solvency certificate will be processed online through Karnataka Revenue Department. Landholding certificate application status will be updated through SMS to the registered mobile number.
Step 5: The concerned authority, i.e., Tahsildar, will process the solvency certificate online and after successful verification, the prescribed authority will approve the solvency certificate request.
Once the request for this certificate is accepted, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number as the application has been approved.
Get Solvency certificate
Once the prescribed authority approves the request, then the Karnataka solvency certificate can be obtained from Nemmadi Kendra. Provide application number and get your solvency certificate.
Solvency certificate can be obtained online via the Karnataka Nadakacheri website. Here is a step by step guide for getting the Karnataka Solvency Certificate.
Access Nada Kacheri
Step 1: Access the home page of the Karnataka Nadakacheri website.
Step 2: In the main page, select the online application option. The page will redirect to new page.
Step 3: In the new page provide your mobile number and click on ‘Proceed’, the link will direct to another page.
Step 4: Select ‘New Request’ tab that drops down a list of services from which select the option ‘Agri’ Services.
Step 5: Click the option Loan Amount Certificate and select the language in which the document needs to be issued.
Step 6: On selection, the application form for Karnataka solvency certificate will be shown. Provide the following details in the application.
- Select the Jurisdiction Where the application is to be processed
- Applicant’s Name
- The application type and ID
- Residence details
- Total income from all sources
- Reason for applying for solvency certificate
- Rural and urban area details
Step 7: By clicking on upload required to scan documents option, you can upload all the prescribed documents. Click on save after uploading documents.
Note: Upload only valid PDF file, not exceeding 2MB
Step 8: You can make fee payment online by a secured payment gateway, through Karnataka online page.
Step 9: The payment can be made directly to the Government online account and subsequently the applicable fee will be transferred to concerned Treasury.
Step 10: After a successful payment, a receipt will be generated, and the task will be redirected to the concerned Tahsildar login.
Note: Kindly keep this reference number safe, it can be used for further reference.
Status of Application
Once an application for solvency certificate is submitted online and prescribed fees are paid, concern officer will process the solvency certificate and issue the same. You can track the application status online via Karnataka Nadakacheri Portal.
Provide application number and click on seek out option; solvency certificate application status will be displayed.
View and Download Solvency Certificate
Once the concerned authority approves the request, the solvency certificate will be digitally signed by Tahsildar. Approved certificate number will be updated through registered mail ID and mobile number.
You can download and print digitally signed Karnataka Solvency Certificate from the Karnataka Nada Kacheri portal. Provide application number and click on submit. After verifying all details in the certificate, download and print solvency certificate.
For further relevant queries, contact the following.
- Atalji Janasnehi Directorate, SSLR Building, K R Circle, Bangalore-560001
- Phone No.: 080-22214556/22214552/22214551
- E-mail ID: [email protected]