Karnataka Land Holding Certificate
Karnataka Land Holding Certificate
Karnataka land holding certificate is a proof of ownership of land. When a person is holding this document, he has the right to transfer the possession to other parties. Tahsildar issues this document to the owner of the registered land as proof of ownership with no mortgage on it. Landholding certificate is the prima facie evidence of the truth of the matters contained in the land records. The document includes a description of the property with details of boundaries, name and address of the owner and the covenants affecting it. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Karnataka land holding certificate in detail.
Know more about Bhoomi – Karnataka Land Records (RTC) Online
Benefits of Obtaining Karnataka Land Holding Certificate
Importance of obtaining Karnataka Land Holding Certificate is explained in detail here:
- For selling and buying agriculture land on the occasional basis or regular basis, holding certificate has to be furnished.
- Landholding certificate is essential for obtaining the loan on the movable or immovable property.
- Karnataka land holding certificate is saving the owner from fraud and misappropriation.
- Karnataka land holding certificate is protecting the landowner from other litigation.
- If the property tax is not paid within the prescribed time, holding certificate needs to be furnished with the concerned officer for updating the land tax records.
Details in Karnataka Land Holding Certificate
Karnataka land holding certificate depicts unique information about the land. The below-mentioned further information relating to the property or area will be provided in the landholding certificate.
- Landholding provides the information regarding the number of the owner of the land
- Karnataka land holding certificate contains detail of the possession or cultivation of land
- This land holding document provides the information about the physical location of land and village details
- The details of landowner such as the name of owner his or her father and grandfather will also be provided in the Land holding the certificate.
- Some landholding details that are the Khasra number will be updated in landholding certificate.
- Type of land, total area and status of ownership details will be recorded in this document.
Karnataka land holding certificate will be issued only if there is no dispute regarding its ownership and the concerned land should not Karnataka Government land or assigned land belonging to the Karnataka Government.
The below mentioned supporting documents need to be submitted for obtaining Karnataka land holding certificate.
- Application form
- Land documents or Land Deed
- Copy of RTC
- Other land-related documents such as Trace map, etc.
- Latest Revenue tax receipt
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof – Ration card or EPIC
Karnataka land holding certificate will be issued within seven days from the date of submission of application.
For processing Karnataka land holding certificate, a service charge of Rs.15 needs to pay
Applying Karnataka Land Holding Certificate through Nemmadi Kendra
Procedure for applying Karnataka land holding certificate through Nemmadi Kendra is explained in detail step by step procedure here.
Step 1: Applicant needs to approach the nearest Nemmadi Kendra, for applying Karnataka land holding certificate.
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant has to submit an application in prescribed format along with documents for land holding certificate at Nemmadi Kendra. Provide details of land such as Revenue Village Number, Name, Patta Number, Dag Number, Land Class, Area, Applicant details and Reason for applying the certificate.
Step 3: Pay the applicable fee to the Nemmadi Kendra operator for processing land holding certificate and issue the same. Get acknowledgement slip with application number from Nemmadi Kendra operator. Note this unique application number for future reference.
Land Holding Certificate Processing
Step 4: The request for land holding certificate will be processed online through Karnataka Revenue Department. Landholding certificate application status will be updated through SMS.
Step 5: The concerned authority, i.e., Tahsildar, will process the landholding certificate online and after successful verification, SRO will approve the landholding certificate request.
Once the request for a certificate is accepted, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number as the application has been approved.
Get Land Holding certificate
Once SRO approves the request, then the Karnataka land holding certificate can be obtained from Nemmadi Kendra. Provide application number and get your land holding certificate.
Applying for Karnataka Land Holding Certificate Online
Land Holding certificate can be obtained online via the Karnataka Nada Kacheri website. Here is a step by step guide for getting the Karnataka Land Holding Certificate.
Access Nada Kacheri
Step 1: Access the home page of the Karnataka Nada Kacheri website.
Step 2: In the homepage, select Online Application option. The page will redirect to new page.
Step 3: In the new page provide your mobile number and click ‘Proceed’, which will direct to another page.
Step 4: Select ‘New Request’ tab that drops down a list of services from which the option ‘Agri is selected.
Step 4: Click the option land holding certificate and select the language in which the document must be issued.
Step 5: On selection, the application form for Karnataka land holding certificate will be shown. Provide the following details in the application.
- Select the Jurisdiction Where the application is to be processed
- Applicant’s Name
- The application type and ID
- Residence details
- Total income from all sources
- Reason for applying for landholding certificate
- Rural and urban area details
Step 6: By clicking on upload required to scan documents tap, you can upload all the prescribed texts. After downloading papers and click on save after uploading documents.
Step 7: You can make fee payment online by a secured payment gateway, through Karnataka online page.
Step 8: The payment can be made directly to the Government online account and subsequently the applicable fee will be transferred to concerned Treasury.
Step 9: After a successful payment, a receipt will be generated, and the task will be redirected to the concerned Tahsildar login.
Note: Kindly keep this reference number safe, it can be used for further reference.
Status of Application
Once an application for land holding certificate is submitted online and prescribed fees are paid, concern SRO will process the landholding certificate and issue the same. You can track the application status online via Karnataka Nadakacheri Portal.
Provide application number and click on seek out option; landholding certificate application status will be displayed.
View and Download Certificate
Once the concerned authority approves the request, the landholding certificate will be digitally signed by Tahsildar. Approved certificate number will be updated through registered mail ID and mobile number.
You can download and print digitally signed land holding certificate from the Karnataka Nada Kacheri portal. Provide application number and click on submit. After verifying all details in the certificate download and print Karnataka land holding certificate.
Note: It is recommended that while purchasing any land it should be ensured that transaction entry has been made in records of concerned Karnataka land holding certificate.
For further relevant queries, contact the following.
- Atalji Janasnehi Directorate, SSLR Building, K R Circle, Bangalore-560001
- Phone No.: 080-22214556/22214552/22214551
- E-mail ID: [email protected]