Jharkhand Antar Jatiya Vivah Scheme
Jharkhand Antar Jatiya Vivah Scheme
The Jharkhand Government through Welfare Department has launched Antar Jatiya Vivah Scheme to encourage inter-caste marriages in the state. Under this scheme, the Jharkhand Government will provide maximum financial assistance of Rs.25,000 for intercaste married couples. In this article, we look at the Jharkhand Antar Jatiya Vivah Scheme in detail.
Objective of the Antar Jatiya Vivah Scheme
The objective of Antar Jatiya Vivah scheme is to improve social integration and to bring about equality among all people.
The following are the eligibility criteria for claiming incentive under the Antar Jatiya Vivah Scheme:
- The couples must be the permanent resident of Jharkhand.
- The bride or groom must belong to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe category, and the other person should belong to a different category.
- As per the law under Marriage Act, the marriage should be duly registered. The couple can also submit a document of their being legally married.
- This scheme is not applicable in the case of second or subsequent marriage.
- The couple should possess a joint account in any of the banks.
- The incentive amount should be used by both (husband and wife) equally for their expenses.
- A couple who have already received an incentive from the state or union territory government is not eligible for the incentive.
Amount of Incentive
An amount of Rs. 25,000 is provided as an incentive to the inter-caste married couples. This amount will be given to every couple in the Jharkhand state, and they can receive the amount on their savings bank account under the national saving certificate.
Note: The savings account opened under the national savings certificate must be in the name of both (husband and wife) and can be availed at the time of maturity.
All the applicants who want to avail these benefits will have to submit the following documents.
- Marriage certificate issued by District Magistrate (Civil marriage) in case of Civil Marriage or Registered Certificate from Tehsil office/SDM can be submitted.
- National Savings Certificate – Joint account of inter-caste married couples.
- Character certificate issued by the District Magistrate
- Caste certificate of the couple
- Birth certificate of the couple
- Domicile certificate of the couple
- Joint photograph of the couple
Application Procedure for Antar Jatiya Vivah Scheme
The state social welfare department invites applications from eligible couples through notification from the district welfare department. The applicant is supposed to submit their applications along with character certificates from the district magistrate concerned. Then, the district welfare officer, in consultation with the deputy commissioner, will verify all the facts mentioned in the application.
After the verification, the deputy commissioner is authorised to sanction the amount, following which the district welfare officer will deposit it in the fixed joint account of the couple.
For more information, the applicant can visit their nearest district welfare department office and can meet with the authorised person. The official will provide the application form and complete process regarding it.
Post by Karthiga
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.