Jan Soochna Portal (JSP)
Jan Soochna Portal (JSP)
The Rajasthan Government has launched “Jan Soochna Portal (JSP)” for quick access to information pertaining to 13 Government Departments on a single platform. It is aimed at easing access to information for the beneficiaries of welfare schemes. This portal has been established to facilitate citizen-centric services under a single portal. The portal provides a host of features and relevant information about the Rajasthan Government and its many departments and services offered. Let us look in detail about the Jan Soochna Portal (JSP) in this article.
To know about eMitra – Online Government Services Rajasthan
Objectives of Jan Soochna Portal
The Jan Soochna Portal aims for strengthening the democracy of India and Development of the State, Citizen Services Portal and the Workflow Management & Content Management platform to various schemes and services. This portal is operated by the Department of Information Technology, which will serve as nodal department for this portal. The portal aims to form a streamlined system for public information to prevent anomalies and corruption.
Services Provided at Jan Soochna Portal
This portal is meant to deliver numerous services of the State Government Departments. The citizens can make use of this online portal to avail the following services under the 13 departments associated with the Public Information Portal that are listed below:
- Social Justice and Empowerment Department
- Raj Department of Rural Development and Panchayati
- Government of Rajasthan Regional Development Tribe of the Department
- Department of Primary Education and Secondary Education
- Department of Medical, Health & Family Welfare
- Labor Department Management System and Employment Department
- Department of Mines and Geology
- Department of Food and Civil Supplies
- Rajasthan Energy Department
- Planning and Information Technology and Communication Department
- Cooperative Department
- Administrative Information Department
- Revenue Department is associated.
Features of Jan Soochna Portal
The portal offers the following features that can be availed by the citizens of the state that are listed below:
- The portal provides ease of access to all the services and can also check the status of the application.
- All citizen services, Revenue services, employment services, Certificate services and Business services can be availed under a single portal.
- This portal facilitates various online service request with various departments.
- The portal provides all updated details regarding the rules, policy initiatives and reforms that have been undertaken by the Government.
- It provides information about several schemes such as Ayushman Bharat scheme, Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana, which grants free health insurance to people who have been uploaded to assure that there is no mismatch between the amount recorded as an expense by a hospital while treating a patient and the money it usually charges
- It provides transparency in the delivery of services and also reduces the wastage of time.
- The portal provides latest and accurate information related to the functions and services provided by the Government of Rajasthan.
- The portal has the benefits of the service request, online payment, approval of services and service delivery.
- It was created to provide easy and convenient services to the citizens through remote access primarily through Common Service Centres/Public Facilitation Centres.
- Under Jan Soochna Portal, the Audit of services delayed or denied, appeals and reviewed with this portal.
- In this portal, there will be a transparency program in the Right to Information Act 2005.
- It provides access to real-time benefits and progress of Government activities would bring transparency in the governance. Along with the transparency and speedy access to the real-time information, the JSP will bring accountability to the Government concerning its performance in the State.
- The launch of the portal would result in centralising all the information about the Government schemes on a single website and also prove the benefits to the citizens by obviating the need to go through a tedious RTI application.
Key Information Provided under JSP
Following are the key information and schemes that can be availed under this portal.
- Public distribution and Ration system
- Social Security pension beneficiary information
- MGNREGA workers
- Sanitation beneficiaries
- Government-run free medicine scheme
- Government-run health insurance schemes
- Farm loan waiver
- Labour cardholders
- Procurement of food grains on minimum support price
- Mining and district mineral foundation trust data
- Land ownership details
People can get their land records details and documents from the portal. Under this system, the applicant must enter the district and village details to know the ownership details of the particular land. Similarly, for the mining, the flow of details in the public domain as been made more transparent. The Government of Rajasthan has taken steps to train the citizens so that they are aware of the facilities available. It has been proposed to host the JSP in the decentralised locations and down to the municipal ward and panchayats. They will grant access to welfare schemes, revenue activities like mining, and other service delivery issues such as health and education. The Rajasthan Government’s initiative, which aims to get people, including the marginalised sections, a part of the Governance process.
People can access the Jan Soochna Portal Online by following the steps mentioned below:
Access the Portal
Step 1: The applicant will have to enter the official Jan Soochna Portal to avail all the services offered.
Apply for Services
Step 2: To apply for the required service, the applicant has to click on “schemes and services” link that visible on the portal. Upon clicking on the link, a list of services such as Government Schemes and Services will be listed from which the applicant can apply for the appropriate service.
Step 3: Then, the applicant will be redirected to the page where the application form for the selected scheme will be displayed.
Step 4: Now, the applicant can download/print the application and submit it to the concerned department.
Step 5: After submitting the scheme application form, the applicant will be provided with the application ID as an acknowledgement for the future reference.
Post by Sinduja Shankar
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.