Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme
Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme
The Government of Jammu and Kashmir has introduced the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme to create self-employment opportunities in the State. As part of this scheme, the Government provides financial assistance for the entrepreneurs to start a new business. The Government implements this scheme in consultation with Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDCK), Kargil. In this article, we will look at the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme in detail.
Objective of the Scheme
The use of implementation of the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme is listed as follows:
- To create maximum employment opportunities in Jammu and Kashmir and to solve the growing unemployment in rural areas of Jammu and Kashmir
- To empower the youth of Jammu and Kashmir
- To provide and support self-employment in the state
- To provide entrepreneur development training
The eligibility criteria to obtain the financial assistance under the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme are given here:
- The general category applicant age should be 18–42 for availing the funds and 5 years relaxation is provided for women and persons belonging for SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/physically handicapped.
- The applicant should be the holder of middle-class pass certificate
- The permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir can apply for the scheme
- Candidate should be unemployed to get the financial amount
- The candidate should not have drawn any loan from any bank or financial institutions for setting up of venture of his/her own
Financial Assistance Details
The Government provides Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme funds from the District plan, LAHDC on account of Margin Money, Capital Subsidy and Interest Subsidy in favour of the applicant entrepreneur who has established their venture for income-generating.
The candidates selected by the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme can establish the units with the following upper ceiling of project costs.
- The entrepreneur can get Rs.2 lakhs for a retail trader under this scheme.
- The business-related to Industry/Service can get assistance up to Rs.3.00 lakhs
- For Joint Venture (minimum two people) can get the Rs.10.00 lakhs for their business
The units can be established as per the following pattern:
|1||Loan from Bank||75%|
|3||Contribution of the Applicant||5%|
|4||Capital subsidy||5 % (Maximum of Rs.7500)|
As part of the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme, the entrepreneurs who establish the units are entitled to interest subsidy in the following pattern.
|1||During the first 6 months||100%|
|3||One and a half year||50%|
The documents required for the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme is listed as follows:
- Matriculation certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Proof of residence
- Affidavit to effect that the applicant has not received a loan from any bank or financial assistance
- Copy of Project Profile
- Certificate from Gazetted officer that the applicant is Unemployed
- Identification Certification from a Gazetted officer
The application procedure for the Jammu and Kashmir Self Employment Scheme is explained in detail below:
- The applicant has to submit an application form in prescribed format to avail the loan under the Self Employment Scheme.
- After inviting application from all the interested eligible persons, the selection committee will interview to assess the technical feasibility and economic viability of the project.
- The selection of the applicant for the Self Employment Scheme will be done by the District Task Force Committee (DTFC), headed by the concerned District Development Commissioner.
- The selected applicant will be sponsored to the various banks for sanction of the loan under the Self Employment Scheme.
- Once the cases are sanctioned, margin money and subsidy will be released by the employment department into the applicant’s accounts.
- After the units are established, the interest subsidy will be released periodically into the loan accounts.
Note: The applicant has to return the Margin Money or Interest loan after five years.