Himachal Pradesh Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
Himachal Pradesh Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
In India, the caste-based reservation system was introduced by the Government to address the issues of discrimination that the disadvantaged communities experience. The prime motive of the reservation system in India is to uplift the socio-economic status of those underprivileged communities designated by the Government as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC). However, the people belonging to the OBC community and the General Category are given equal opportunities in every field. Therefore, to avail the benefits of the reservation, the Other Backward Class (OBC) is sub-categorised as Creamy Layer, and Non-Creamy Layer based on the annual family income wherein the people belonging to non-creamy layer should obtain the OBC caste certificate to benefit from the facilities provided by the government. In this article, we look at the procedure of getting Himachal Pradesh Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in detail.
Creamy and Non-Creamy Layer Difference
The creamy layer is not applicable for any of the benefits of the reserved category as they are treated equally as the General Category. In contrast, the non-creamy layer is called merely as the OBC (Other Backward Class). The creamy layer or the non-creamy layer certificate is issued for the people belonging to the OBC community based on their socio-economic status. Apart from the income, there are specific other criteria to be considered for government servants to fall under the non-creamy layer. This was done to distribute the benefits of the reservation among the weaker sections of the Backward Class.
Criteria for Non-Creamy Layer
- The annual income of the parents that includes salaries as well as income from other sources, should not exceed Rs. 8 Lakhs.
- None of the parents of the applicant should be a Group A / Class I Officer under the Central / State Government.
- None of the parents of the applicant should belong to any service in any PSU, Bank, Insurance Company, Educational Institution or in private employment, comparable with Group A / Class I service under Central / State Government or holds any Constitutional post.
- The person will be treated as belonging to non-creamy layer if none or only one of the parents is a Group B / Class II Officer under the Central / State Government.
- The person will be treated as the non-creamy layer, if none or only one of the parents belong to any service in any PSU, Bank, Insurance Company, Educational Institution or in private employment, comparable with Group B / Class II service under Central / State Government.
- A person will not come under the non-creamy layer if parents of whom only the father is a Group-B officer gets into Group-A at the age of 40 or earlier.
- For government employees, only their cadre in the office is the criterion for non-creamy layer status and not the income limit. All other government servants who are having income higher than 8 lakhs are still eligible for the OBC non-creamy layer certificates if they fall under class 3 cadre under Central or State Government.
Benefits of Non-Creamy Layer
Those belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer are eligible for all the benefits provided by the Government and other sectors for the reserved category, unlike the Creamy Layer.
Compared to the Creamy-Layer, Non-Creamy Layer section has better access to education, employment and sponsors of the government.
Eligibility Criteria for Himachal Pradesh Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
To acquire the Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in the state of Himachal Pradesh, the following conditions of eligibility should be satisfied.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Himachal Pradesh.
- The applicant should belong to the Backward Class Category specified in the OBC list, issued by the Government of Himachal Pradesh.
- The annual income of the applicant’s parents (in case of a minor) or the yearly income of the applicant’s family should not exceed Rs.8 Lakhs including the income from other sources (Land, property, business).
- The applicant should comply with other criteria of non-creamy layer mentioned below.
Documents Required for Himachal Pradesh Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
To apply for non-creamy layer certificate in Himachal Pradesh, attach the following documents along with the application:
- Identity Proof- Voter ID card/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card
- Address proof- Electricity Bill/ Water Bill
- Proof of caste – Attach genealogical table with patwari report
- Proof of Income – Income Report from Patwari
- Patwari Report that includes details of land income
The Revenue Department is the concerned department for the issuance of Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (OBC Certificate) in Himachal Pradesh. Patwari is the designated officer for the reports for issuing the non-creamy layer certificate. The First Appellate Authority is the concerned Tehsildar/ Naib Tehsildar in the respective Tehsil/Sub-Tehsil.
In Himachal Pradesh, a fee of Rs. 7 requires for the issuance of Non-Creamy layer certificate.
The applicant can collect the certificate on the same day or within 2 days from applying.
Non-Creamy Layer certificate does not have a fixed validity period and differs from state to state. Currently, the license issued by the authority in Himachal Pradesh is valid for 1 year from the date of issuance.
Application Procedure for Himachal Pradesh Non-Creamy Layer Certificate:
The applicant can apply for OBC certificate in online mode by following the given steps.
Online Application Process
Step 1: The applicant should visit the official website of e-District Himachal Pradesh to apply online.
Step 2: Click the Revenue Department under the List of Services that appears on the left side of the Home Page.
Step 3: The list displays various services. Click Other Backward Class (OBC) Certificate, which directs to the Login page to apply.
New User Registration
Step 4: In the case of a new user, click New Registration. The registration page of the portal appears.
Step 5: Enter the necessary details mentioned below and click submit.
- Applicant Details
- Address Details
- Registration Details
- Upload Photo
- Enter Captcha
Step 6: Enter the registered user id and the password to login to the online application portal.
Step 7: The application form appears. Fill out the form with essential details. Upload the scanned copies of the documents. Verify the entered details before clicking submit.
Step 8: Make the necessary payment through the payment gateway. On making payment, the applicant will receive acknowledgement receipt for future reference.
Note: Furnishing any incorrect or intentional wrong information may lead to rejection of the application request or penalty.
Track Application Status
The applicant can track the application status in two methods.
Track application by SMS
To track the application through SMS, send HP EDIST<Application Number> to 166 or 51969.
Track application Online
By entering the application number and clicking the Search button, the applicant can track the application status.
The applicant can verify the certificate by selecting the Other Backward Class certificate from the service name drop-down list. Enter the application number. Enter the captcha and click submit.
The certificate appears, and the applicant can verify it for its correctness. If it is correct, the applicant can download the certificate for the required purpose.
Note: Any Revenue Officer who has furnished false or incorrect information/report or issued the wrong certificate unknowingly or intentionally against the prescribed procedure is responsible for further actions to be taken under Conduct Rules.