Gujarat Death Certificate
Gujarat Death Certificate
A death certificate is a report issued by the State Government declaring the death of a resident. It is a mandatory certificate that has to be obtained by an individual’s family members. The death certificate lists the date, location and cause of the death. Every death occurring in the state of Gujarat has to be registered within 21 days of its occurrence. In this article, look at the procedure for obtaining Gujarat death certificate.
According to the Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1969, every death has to be registered with the concerned State or Union Territory within 21 days of its occurrence. The government has allocated Register General in the centre and Chief Registrars in the States to help citizens to register the deaths. The following are the ways to register deaths:
- If a death occurs in a house, the head of the household is eligible to register the death in the concerned Registrar Office.
- If a death occurs in a hospital, the authorized person by the institution is responsible to register the death in the respective Registrar Office.
- If a death occurs in a jail, the jail in-charge can register the death with the concerned Registrar Office.
- If a death occurs in a public place, the local police in-charge or headman of the village can register the death.
Purpose of the Document
Death certificates are issued for the following purposes:
- In stating the fact and date of death
- In claiming life insurance benefits
- To claim pensions
- In settling estates
- To investigate the cause and facts of death
- Death and place of burial
- To serve as evidence of age, gender, and race
- For genealogical information
The following details have to be known about the deceased person:
- Name of the Applicant
- Gender of the Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Spouse’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Address Contact Number
- Name and Gender of the Deceased
- Relationship of the Applicant with the Deceased Person
- Place and Date of Death
- Block Development Office
- Block PHC
The following are the required documents to apply for a death certificate:
- Duly filled and signed application form.
- Statement of death declaration given by the hospital or by the nursing home.
- Post-mortem Report, if needed
- Permission for delayed death registration.
- Aadhaar Card.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC).
- Ration Card.
Death certificates can be obtained both online and offline.
Step 1: Log on to the website
The applicant has to log on to the official website.
Step 2: Registering details
The applicant has to enter the registration number and date of death to register in the portal.
Step 3: Uploading the documents
The applicant has to upload all the scanned documents online.
Step 4: Verification Process
Once all the documents are submitted, the verification process will be started.
Step 5: Issuing the certificate
After the verifying process, the certificate will be issued to the applicant.
Step 1: Approach the Taluk Office
The applicant has to approach the Tahasildar office.
Step 2: Receive the application form
The applicant has to obtain the application form from the concerned officer.
Step 3: Enter the Details
The applicant has to enter all the details in the application form.
Step 4: Attach the documents
The applicant has to attach all the required documents to the application form.
Step 5: Submit the application
Then, the applicant has to submit the application form to the concerned officer.
Step 6: Issuing the certificate
On the submission of application, the verification process will take place before collecting the application from the concerned person.
The fee varies depending on the time taken for registration.
- All deaths registered within 21 days of its occurrence is free of cost.
- From 21 to 31 days, a fee of Rs. 2 has to be paid.
- For deaths registered after a year, a fee of Rs. 10 is paid after the approval of the court order.
Post by Bennisha
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.