Gujarat Birth Certificate
Gujarat Birth Certificate
The birth certificate is an important legal document for which proves the identity of a minor or adult. The Registration of birth is recorded in the civil register by filling up the form prescribed by the Registrar. Further, Gujarat birth certificate is mandatory for acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools, colleges or any other institutions. Moreover, the birth certificate is necessary for obtaining legal documents like passport, voter id, driving license and marriage certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a birth certificate in Gujarat.
Registering Birth in Gujarat
All individuals require to register their childbirth within 21 days from the date of birth. Here is the list of people responsible for completing the birth registration.
- In respect of births in a Hospital or Nursing Home: – The Medical Officer in charge or person on his behalf is responsible for registering the birth.
- In case of a birth in a house: –The head of the household or the senior-most adult is eligible to register the birth with the concerned authority.
- Birth in a public place: –The head of the corresponding village in the case of a town or the officer in charge of the local police station is eligible to register the birth.
At the time of submitting the application form for the birth certificate, submit the following documents:
- Proof of birthplace (where the child was born) from the medical institution
- Application Form
- Parent’s identity proof
- Residence Proof
- Marriage certificate of the parent (optional)
Online Procedure for Applying Birth Certificate
The applicant has to follow the below-given procedures to obtain a Birth Certificate online:
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official web portal of Surat Municipal Corporation.
Step 2: Click the “Online Services” option on the Home Page and then select “Birth Certificate” from the drop-down list.
Step 3: Now, click on the “Check and get Birth Certificate” option under the Birth Certificate block.
Step 4: On the next page, the application form appears as shown below:
Step 5: Now fill all the required details in the application form and click on the “Search” button to get your Birth Certificate.
The applicant can approach the nearest local Tehsil office to obtain the birth certificate. Also, the applicant can download the application form from the official website of Surat Municipal Corporation. The application form for acquiring a birth certificate in Gujarat will seem as shown below:
Then the application form has to be submitted along with the documents as required. The applicant will be charged Rs.10/- for the registration of the birth certificate. On submission of application, an acknowledgement slip will be given to the applicant. After receiving the acknowledgement slip, the applicant receives the birth certificate within 7 days from the date of registration.