Gem & Jewellery Replenishment (Gem Rep) License
Gem & Jewellery Replenishment (Gem Rep) License
To promote the growth of the Gem and Jewellery sector, the government has introduced the Import Replenishment Scheme (REP). The Gem & Jewellery Replenishment (Gem Rep) License under the scheme is provided to exporters, both as an incentive for increased export activity and to replenish the inputs used for the exports. Manufacturer-exporters, merchant exporters, and Export Houses holding eligibility certificates are eligible for the Gem Rep license.
The exporters of gem and jewellery products are eligible for the grant of Replenishment Licences to import and replenish the inputs.
- Exports through the third party are appropriate for Gem & Jewellery Replenishment License.
- Replenishment license may also issue for import of consumables and studded jewellery.
- An exporter may apply for a license for import of rough diamonds:
An exporter may apply for a license for import of rough diamonds equal to the best export performance of cut and polished diamond in any licensing year during the preceding three licensing years if he/she has a minimum of three licensing years of export performance.
- The exporter can apply for Gem REP Licences against a valid export order in his/her name.
- An exporter of cut and polished diamonds, who is status holder, can also get the license for import of cut and polished diamonds Upto 5% of the export performance of the preceding year of cut and polished diamonds.
Gem REP Authorisations
Gem REP Authorizations are valid for import of precious Replenishment stones, semi-precious and synthetic stones, and pearls. In Authorisations addition, it is valid for import of empty jewellery boxes upto 5% of the value of Authorization within its overall Cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value. Gem REP Authorizations issued against the export of studded gold/silver/platinum jewellery articles, It is valid for import of cut and polished precious, semi-precious precious stone upto 10% of CIF value of Authorization within its overall CIF value.
|Sl.No||Export Product||Replenishment Rate||
|Polished, Processed Pearls||65||
|2||Cut and Polished Emeralds/ Rubies/ Sapphires||80||
|3||Cut and Polished precious stones and semi-precious-precious stones||60||
Jewellery containing palladium and studded/strung with diamonds, precious or semi-precious-precious, precious stones, real or cultured pearls, synthetic/ imitation stones provided the value of synthetic/ imitation stones do not exceed 10% of the FOB value of
Jewellry excluding the value of the meta
|Cut or Polished synthetic stones||50||
|6||Cut & Polished Onyx||50||Sliced Onyx.|
|7||Imitation Jewellery/ costume jewellery studded or strung with synthetic imitation stones/ plastic beads, wooden beads, glass beads, false pearls, glass, etc.||30||
Replenishment Scale for studded jewellery
In the case of studded gold, silver and platinum jewellery, the value of Gem Replenishment Authorization is based on the remaining FOB value of exports after deducting the cost of gold/ silver/ platinum including considerable wastage. The scale of replenishment and the item of import is as follows:
|Gem Replenishment Scale||
Percentage of entitlement on remaining FOB Value of exports
Cut and polished Emeralds,
Rubies/ Sapphires in Jewellery
They are valued Upto US $ 350 per carat FOB.
Cut and polished Emeralds/
Rubies/Sapphires in Jewellery valued above US$ 350 per carat FOB.
All varieties of semi-precious, precious stones and synthetic stones
|5||Plain Gold/Silver Jewellery and articles||
|6||Plain platinum Jewellery and articles||
Replenishment of Precious Metals from Nominated Agencies
Exporter of gold, silver, and platinum jewellery, including mountings and findings, may obtain gold, silver, and platinum as an input for an export product from Nominated Agency in advance or as replenishment after export following the procedure prescribed.
REP Licence against Rough Diamonds
The shipping of rough diamonds is permissible of the imports made against the relevant Bill of Entry for replenishment benefit. To claim a REP license against such export of rough diamonds, the exporter shall furnish Bill of Entry in his name for imports of rough diamonds. The licensing authority, while issuing the REP licenses, shall make a suitable endorsement on the original Bill of Entry to avoid further use of the same Bill of Entry for claiming additional REP Licences.
The validity of Gem & Jewellery Replenishment License
The validity of Replenishment Authorization for Gem & Jewellery is two years from the date of issue.
Documents for Gem & Jewellery Replenishment License
- Copy of IEC copy of valid RCMC and Membership certificate issued by the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council
- Copy of Councils approval letter
- Original custom’s attested packing list
- Unique custom’s attested invoice along with a photocopy.
- Unsold Invoice.
- Sold Invoice.
- BRC / FIRC in original with photocopy
- Bill of entry
- SBI Booking Rate Copy
- GR Form
- Export promotion copy of shipping bill
- Appendix 22F in three sets
- Proforma Invoice
Filing of Application
The application needs to submit within six months following the month/quarter, during which the export proceeds. For export proceeds realized during the month/quarter, consolidated application for the entire month/quarter need to submit.
- In the case where part payment has been realized against an invoice, the application for REP license may be made within six months following the month during which part payment was recognized, provided;
- The first such application needs to be made after 50% of the proceeds of the invoice are realized.
- In the case where payment is received in advance and exports take place subsequently, the application for REP license needs to submit within six months following the month during which the commodities are made.
Application for grant of Gem & Jewellery Replenishment (Gem Rep Licences) License can be filled online through the official webpage of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). The application procedure is as follows:
From the official website of DGFT, select the online eCOM application option under the Service menu; the link will redirect to the application page. By clicking on the GEM REP, the application will display.
After furnishing the details, submit the request to DGFT, the concerned authority will issue the license.