EoDB Grand Challenge
EoDB Grand Challenge
Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) Grand Challenge was, launched by the Prime Minister on November 19, 2018 for resolving seven specific ease of doing business obstacles with the use of modern technologies. The Doing Business Ranking is an annual assessment that is conducted by the World Bank that measures aspects or regulation affecting ten areas of business, evaluating 190 countries on ten specific indicators. The scores that are based on the measures implemented by the Government departments reflects the experience of the industrial users.
Objective of Grand Challenge
Grand Challenge aims to invite innovative ideas from individuals, startups or other enterprises to implement artificial intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data Analytics, Blockchain and other cutting-edge technologies for re-engineering that are in association with the Government processes to eliminate physical interface, improve service delivery, enhance transparency and reduce cost and time.
Overview of Grand Challenge
Ease of doing business denotes the ease of getting permits, license, registration or a service from a government agency. There are established processes in each government agency to grant such permits and services. The ten indicators that are required for starting a business, dealing are
- Construction Permits
- Getting electricity
- Registering property
- Getting credit
- Protecting minority interests
- Paying taxes
- Trading across borders
- Enforcing contracts
- Resolving insolvency
Eligibility of Grand Challenge
The Grand Challenge aims to receive innovative ideas from individuals, startups and other enterprises to implement solutions using cutting edge new technologies. Therefore any individual from the said professions is eligible for this startup scheme.
Features of Grand Challenge
The characteristic features of the EoDB Grand Challenge are given below.
- EoDB Grand Challenge can be availed by all young Indians, start-ups and private enterprises.
- It intends to provide solutions to complex problems using the latest technologies.
- With the implementation of EoDB, the World Bank has recognised India as one of the top improvers for the year.
- It has to be noted that it is the second consecutive year for which India has been known as one of the top improvers.
- All applications will be closed on January 1st, 2019 and the results will be declared on February 1st, 2019.
- The leading teams for each problem statement would be awarded cash prizes worth Rs. 1 Lakh, Rs. 2 Lakh and Rs. 3 Lakh respectively.
- The government would be working with all the winners for solution development and implementation.
Given below are the steps to apply for EoDB Grand Challenge.
Step 1: Visit the official website
The applicant has to login to the official portal.
Step 2: Select the Problem
There are seven problem statements in the Challenge. The user has to select the problem statement that he/ she desires to propose a solution for.
Step 3: Fill in the Application
The applicant has to enter the details in the application form.
Step 4: Upload the Documents
Once all the details are entered, the user has to upload all the documents in the ‘Attach additional documents to explain your solution’. All documents and presentations have to be in PDF format, upto 2 MB in size.
- The applicant has to include any flowcharts, diagrams and pictures not more than 12 slides or pages.
- Qualification and Experience Certificates
- Workflow of the solution
- Impact of the solution