Digital Sky Platform
Digital Sky Platform
Mission & Vision of Digital Sky
- The mission of Digital Sky is to create a completely digital, paperless, and humanless process, thus fast-forwarding to a future of on-demand seamless permissions for RPAS, operators, and pilots.
- The vision is to create a digital infrastructure that will support safe, efficient, and secure access to Indian airspace for millions of RPAS.
Methodology of Digital Sky
Registration of User/Operator
- Remote Pilot Profile – Registering as an individual as Pilot
- Individual Operator Profile – Registering as an Operator of RPAS
- Operator Profile – Registering as an Operator for any Organisation
- Manufacturer Profile – Registering as Manufacturer
The details of Name, address, phone number are required for registration as provided in the screen capture below.
The selection of profile can be done after registration using the below window:
When the user opts for “Operator Profile” or “Manufacturer profile”, the below window will appear in the platform:
Registration of RPAS
- NANO – Less than or equal to 250 grams
- MICRO – More than 250 grams and less than or equal to 2 Kg
- SMALL – More than 2 Kg and less than or equal to 25 Kg
- MEDIUM – More than 25 Kg and less than or equal to 150 Kg
- LARGE – More than 150 Kg
Nano drones can be operated legally without registering on the Digital Sky Portal, but local police authorities should be informed. For micro, small, medium and large categories, operators and pilots should register and get required access on the Digital Sky Portal.
While registering for RPAS, there is a separate window categorising the nature of RPAS as mentioned below:
- Apply for Local RPA
- Apply to Import RPA
- Apply for UAOP license
STEP-1: On accessing the “Apply for Local RPA” or “Apply to Import RPA”, the details of the registered user (based on login) appears.
STEP-2: Presently, the Civil Aviation Ministry allows only 3 models of RPAS, and they are:
- LookOut VTOL RPAS
Apply for UAOP license
Fee Structure for UIN & UAOP
- For UIN: INR 1,000
- For fresh UAOP: INR 25,000
- For Renewal of UAOP: INR 10,000
User will be prompted for payment through payment Gateway in the Digital Sky Platform. Alternatively, the link for paying the fees is https://bharatkosh.gov.in/. The user has to provide the transaction reference number and should upload a copy of the payment in Digital Sky Platform at the time of applying.