Delhi Old Age Pension Scheme
Delhi Old Age Pension Scheme
The Government of Delhi has launched an old age pension scheme for the benefits of the senior citizens in the state. The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance in the form of monthly pension to the eligible senior citizens of the state. In this article, we look at the procedure to apply for Delhi Old Age Pension Scheme in detail.
To know about the National Pension Scheme
Features of the Scheme
The key features of the Delhi Old Age Assistance Scheme are as follows:
- Under this Old Age Assistance Scheme, the Government provides financial assistance of Rs. 2000 per month for the applicants of age group between 60 to 69 years. The Government also provides an additional amount of Rs. 500 per month to SC/ST/Minority community beneficiaries.
- Those who are above the age of 70 years, Rs. 2500 per month will be provided.
- Under this Delhi Old Age Assistance Scheme, the Government will transfer the pension amount to the beneficiaries directly through their bank account through the ECS system of Reserve Bank of India.
The below following are the eligibility criteria required to apply for the pension scheme.
- To avail the benefits under this scheme, the applicant must be the resident of Delhi state.
- The applicant’s age must be 60 years and above to apply for this scheme.
- The annual income of the family from all sources should be less than Rs. 1,00,000
- The applicant must have a ‘single-operated’ account in any of the banks in National Capital Territory of Delhi state.
- The applicant must not receive any financial assistance or pension from the Government or other local bodies of Governments.
Note: The Aadhaar number of the applicant must be linked with the bank account for receiving the payment through Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (APBS).
The following are the documents that have to be produced at the time of registering for this scheme:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Bank account details.
- One passport size photo of the applicant.
- Income self-declaration.
- In case of SC/ST applicants, the caste certificate issued by Competent Authority has to be submitted in the name of the applicant.
Online Application Procedure
To apply for the Delhi Old Age Pension Scheme, the applicant has to visit the official portal of Government of NCT of Delhi for registering through citizen log in or by approaching concerned District Social Welfare Office. Then the applicant has to fill the Old Age Pension Scheme application form with all requested details in a prescribed format. Aadhaar number is mandatory for filling up the application. After completing, attach the specified records to be scanned and uploaded along with the application form. The concerned District Social Welfare Office will scrutinise the application form, and if required, the applicant will be called for the verification process. If sanctioned, the assistance is remitted monthly to the bank account of the beneficiary as per the Aadhaar number of the beneficiary or through ECS in Direct Benefit Transfer mode.