Delhi Income Certificate
Delhi Income Certificate
Income certificate is an official document issued by the State Government which certifies an annual income of a family. Income certificate includes details about the income of an individual or a family that is earned from various sources. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining the Delhi income certificate in detail.
Reasons to obtain Income Certificate
Some of the reasons for obtaining income certificate are as follows:
- To get admissions in educational institutions under the reserved quota.
- To avail the benefits of certain schemes offered by the State Government.
- To be bestowed with the rights of receiving plots of lands or flats offered by the Government under certain schemes.
- To obtain benefits such as an old-age pension, widow pension and agricultural labour pension.
To obtain income certificate in Delhi, submit the following documents along with the application form:
- One passport size photograph of the applicant
- Aadhar card copy
- Previous income certificate, if any (optional)
- BPL Ration or National Food Security Card
- Relevant document of expenditure such as rent receipts or electricity bill
- The applicant must hold a signed copy of the self-declaration along with the application form
- Address proof
Application Procedure for Income Certificate
The State Government of Delhi has introduced an online application procedure. The eligible applicant can apply using the following steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the home page of District Delhi.
Step 2: Click on the “Download Application Forms” option which can be found on the menu bar of the homepage.
Step 3: Click on “Issuance of Income Certificate” and download the application form in a PDF format. Fill up all the required details in the application form.Compressed Delhi Income Certificate (1)
Step 4: Submit the duly filled application to the office of Sub-Divisional Magistrate. After submitting the documents concerned authority will conduct a local inquiry to verify the details mentioned in the application.
Income Certificate Status
The applicant can check their Income Certificate application status in the official portal by following the below procedure:
Step 1: Click on” Track Your Application” and enter your application number.
Step 2: Select ‘Search ‘and the status of the application will be displayed.
Note:- The concerned authority will issue the Income Certificate within 14 days from the date of application. The validity of Delhi income certificate would be six months from the date of issue.