Delhi Encumbrance Certificate
Delhi Encumbrance Certificate
Delhi encumbrance certificate is one of the important legal document needed at the time of buying the property. Encumbrance certificate declares that there are no dues on the property, and the title of the property is clear and marketable without any obligations. Encumbrance certificate contains details of all transactions done on the specific property. In India (Delhi), the Department of Registration issues encumbrance certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining the Delhi encumbrance certificate in detail. To know about Delhi property registration click here
Purpose for Encumbrance Certificate
The following are some of the circumstances when an encumbrance certificate is mandatory as below:
- The encumbrance certificate is necessary for requesting a home loan from the banks.
- The encumbrance certificate is needed to acquire a loan from the respective bank against a property.
- The encumbrance certificate is required when one wants to buy or sell a property.
- The encumbrance certificate serves as evidence that the property is free from legal liabilities.
- The Encumbrance certificate is expected to know about the past transactions of property at the time of purchase of the property.
Details Present in the Certificate
The particular information describing the property will be provided in the encumbrance certificate:
- All transactions are relating to the property that has been registered by the Registrar.
- All necessary details in the sales deeds will be added in the EC. The Certificate usually concerns a specific period and transactions applicable to that period alone mentioned.
- For gifted deeds, details on gift settlement will be notified.
- Certain documents, such as testamentary documents and short-term lease deeds, need not be registered as per the law.
The applicant can obtain an encumbrance certificate application form by without reemitting any fee for it.
While applying for encumbrance certificate in Delhi, submit the following documents:
- Application Form
- Copy of ration card.
- Copy of death certificate.
- Copy of documentary evidence in original representing ownership of the property in the name of the applicant, i.e. sale deed, GPA etc.
- Affidavit of the applicant about the ownership of the property.
- Copy of letter/reference of the authority before whom the Certificate is to be submitted.
Offline Application Procedure
The applicant can approach the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of the concerned area to apply for the surviving member certificate.
Step 1: Approach Sub Divisional Magistrate
The applicant can contact the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of the relevant area to apply for the surviving member certificate.
Note: Also download or print the application from the official website. The application form for the surviving member certificate is below for quick reference:Input_9066-min
Step 2: Fill out the application form
Fill the application form duly self-attested.
Step 3: Submit the form
After completing the application, submit it along with the required documents that are to be attested by Gazetted Officer.
Step 4: Collect the application number
Then collect the application number as the confirmation while submitting your application form.
After receiving the application, verification takes place through the Tehsildar. By the report of Tehsildar & documents submitted by the applicant, then the surviving member certificate is issued to the applicant within 21 days from the date of application.
Online Application Procedure
The register for online encumbrance certificate in Delhi, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the Official website
The applicant has to visit the e-District portal of Delhi Government.
Step 2: Apply for the Certificate online
Click on “Apply for the certificate online” which is on the webpage of the portal.
Step 3: Fill the citizen login form
On the next page, the applicant has to fill the citizen login form with the user id and password.
Step 4: Fill the citizen registration form
If not registered already to log in, then the applicant has to fill the citizen registration form.
Step 5: Apply for services
Click on the “Apply for services” option under the “Apply Online” menu.
Step 6: Apply for surviving member certificate
Click on the “Apply” button to apply for the surviving member Certificate.
Step 7: Complete the details
Then the application form for surviving member certificate will open up on the next screen.
Step 8: Submit the form
Fill the application form with all the required details such as
- Applicant details.
- Details of surviving family members.
- Identity proof details.
- Address proof details.
And then attach all the necessary documents. Then click on the “submit” button.
Step 9: Receive acknowledgement number
After submitting the application form, receive an acknowledgement number for further reference.
Note: Also take print of the acknowledgement received.
Track Application Status
The e-portal also facilitates its users to verify the status of the application, follow the steps specified here.
Step 1: Track Application status
On the home page, click on Track your Application link.
Step 2: Provide complete details
Then enter the application number and applicant’s name to check the status of the application.
Step 3: View application status
Now the applicant can view the status of the applicant.
Download Approved Certificate
Once the concerned authority approves the request, the surviving member certificate will be digitally signed by Sub-Registrar. Download the approved Certificate from the official web portal and click on the Print/Download Certificate link.
Now select the department and “Applied For” from the dropdown list. Then enter the application number and click on the continue button to download or print your surviving member certificate online.
Post by Karthiga
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.