How to Create a GST Invoice?
How to Create a GST Invoice? – LEDGERS Software
Before creating your first invoice, please make sure you have completed the following steps:
Business Setup & Logo
- Login to your LEDGERS account. You can log in using this link.
- Go to Business -> Settings.
- Update information to be populated in the invoice correctly.
- In the Settings Page, select invoice setting.
- You can upload a logo to be printed on the invoice (Optional)
Before starting to create an invoice, ensure that the Catalog master is populated with information about the goods and services supplied by your business. This information will be auto-populated in the invoice. So, before creating an invoice, create the Goods or Service to be sold.
Finally, make sure you have created an account for the customer to whom the invoice is being issued. This will help you track the status of invoices by customer and get a deeper insight into the customer’s relationship with your business in the future.
Follow the steps below to create an invoice easily using LEDGERS:
- Once you have logged in to your account, select the business you would like to create an invoice.
- Go to Sales -> Invoice -> Create Invoice. (You can also click on the button above)
- Select the customer from the list and details of the customer will be auto-populated.
- Select the service/product to be sold and the details of the product will be auto-populated.
- Update the quantity to be sold and the rate at which it is to be sold.
- Based on the customers address, the system will automatically calculate IGST or SGST and CGST.
- Once you have verified the line item added, click on the tick button at the end of the line to add the service/product to the invoice.
- You can then change various settings like notification, followup, reverse charge, etc.,
- Once all the information is updated and verified, click on the Create Invoice button to prepare the invoice.
- The invoice is now prepared and it will be ready for printing. You can also email/SMS/Whatsapp the invoice to the customer at this stage.
Customer Data is Available
If customer data and goods/services information are updated on LEDGERS, then you can create an invoice in less than a minute. Just select the customer from the drop-down and the system will show the default billing and shipping address for the customer.
You can then proceed to select the item from the select product drop down. Based on the shipping address of your customer and your principal place of business, CGST, SGST or IGST is automatically calculated by the system.
Customer Data NOT Available
If you have not updated the customer information before starting to create an invoice, then you can click on the + Icon next to the customer name to create a customer account. On updating the customer information in the pop-up, the information is auto-populated into the invoice.
Reverse Charge Applicable?
In case GST is payable on reverse charge basis, you can select Reverse Charge is Applicable to account the invoice under reverse charge basis. You can also mark if the invoice is made to a customer in a SEZ zone or if the supply is made through an e-commerce operator.
Supplies made through e-commerce operators must be mentioned separately on the GST return and TCS must be deducted by the e-commerce platform.
Adding Additional Charges
In case you would like to add additional charges to your invoice like freight, reimbursement, etc., Select the type of additional charge applicable from the drop down menu. On selection, the charge will be added to the invoice and the amount can be input by the user.
Once you have verified all the information as shown on the screen, you can click on the Create Invoice button to create the invoice. After the GST invoice is created, the invoice will not be editable. By clicking on the print icon at the top corner, you can print a copy of the invoice or save the document as a PDF. You can also email the invoice to your customer by clicking on the email button.
Here is a short video on how to create an invoice using LEDGERS: