Composite Mills Certificate
Composite Mills Certificate
The Textile Commissioner, Ministry of Textiles, issues a Composite Mills Certificate for the Composite Mills engaged in the manufacturing of both yarn and cloth. The certificate helps the importers in the textile industry to obtain duty concessions at the end of the importing activity. The Ministry has issued an updated guideline in the vide notification of No.7/2/Comp/2015/Wvg./Vol.IV for the manufacturers applying both for the renewal of expired and the fresh certification.
The certificate obtained already by the manufacturers remains the same and valid until the certificate is expired. The exporters who are applying for the renewal and fresh certification should follow the rules prescribed by the Ministry.
Eligible Manufacturing Units
A composite textile mill for woven/knitted products must be engaged in the below-mentioned activities to be able to apply for the Certification. The activities should include:
- Spinning and Weaving/Knitting
- Weaving/Knitting and its processing activities
- Processing and Garmenting related activities
- Spinning, Weaving and other activities related to its processing
- Spinning, Weaving/Knitting, Processing and Garmenting activities
The change in the location of the composite textile mills may not affect the approval and issuance of the certificate. It may be located at the same or different places.
The Composite Mills should pass through the following eligibility conditions to be able to apply for the Certification.
- The Composite Mill should be a registered entity with the Ministry of Industry, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Secretariat for Industrial Assistance, State Director of Industry, UDYOG Aadhaar or LLP.
- It should possess the same PAN for all of its units and locations.
- It should possess a valid Pollution Control Certificate for all its spinning, weaving, processing and garmenting units
- It must have been enrolled with the Office of the Textile Commissioner and should be submitting its statistical data on a regular basis.
- It should possess a quality certification such as ISO certification for its production activities
- The mills should have a built-in laboratory to check the quality of materials produced during the manufacturing process.
- The production capacity of the composite mills should meet the following criteria to apply for the certification:
- The production capacity of every activity is calculated based on the average production for the last 3 three years in case of established mills and one year in case of new mills.
- The forward production activity must be at least 25% of the backward production activity.
- All the machinery details must be furnished.
The Composite Mill owners must enclose the following documents that are signed and attested duly by the Authorised Authorities at the time of submission of the application. The documents include:
- Copies of License/IEM/SSI Certification/Udyog Aadhar revealing the manufacturing activities of the respective mills in a unit/location wise report.
- Self-Certified Production report for the past three years in case of existing production units and one year in case of new units.
- A self-attested report with the list of category-wise details of the number of employees working in the manufacturing unit for the past year.
- Self-Attested photostat of the PAN Number.
- The Public/private companies/LLP Should submit the self-certified copy of Memorandum of Association (MoA) and Article of Association (AoA) including the details of the proprietor, shareholders, Directors etc.
- The certified list of machinery installed in the units/locations along with its processing capacity should also be enclosed.
- Self- Attested copy of Pollution Control Certificate granted by the Pollution Control Board for all the units/locations must be presented.
- Chartered Accountant Certificate for the financial returns of the production unit for the last three years must be included.
- Copies of the financial returns reports of the production unit that was submitted to the IT office during the period of last six months should be submitted during the filing of the application.
The manufacturers requesting for the Composite Mill Certificate should apply to the Office of the Textile Commissioner at a minimum of 4 months in advance with all the required information as prescribed in the format. The details should include:
- Name of the Composite Textile Mill
- Registered Address
- Status of the Promoter/Industrial Undertaking/Private/Public Limited Company/Partnership/LLP
- Valid Registration Number/License Number/IEM Acknowledgement Number/SSI Number
- Location of the composite mills with verified address
- Manufacturing activities carried out at the production units appropriately enclosed with all the machinery details utilised for the purpose
- Production start date in a regular DD/MM/YYYY pattern
- Capacity of the units
- PAN Number
- The working status of the unit
All the eligible manufacturers can apply online for the Composite Mills Certificate using the website http://txcindia.gov.in/.
For further clarification, please contact the Textile Commissioner at the mentioned address:
- Office of the Textile Commissioner,
- 4I, Vitfialdas Thakarsee Marg,
- Nistha Bhawan (New C.c.o BLDG), Mumbai-400020
- Tel No. 022-2200 I050, Fax 022-22004693,
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website: www. txcindia. gov.in; www.Texmin.nic.in