Apun Ghar Home Loan Scheme
Apun Ghar Home Loan Scheme
The Government of Assam has initiated a housing scheme known as Apun Ghar Home Loan scheme to provide home loan for State Government employee on subsidized interest rates. Assam Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with State Bank of India to provide housing loan for the beneficiaries under this scheme. In this article, we look at the Apun Ghar home loan scheme in detail.
Under the home loan scheme, the eligible beneficiaries who are permanent residents and employee of State Government can avail a maximum loan amount of Rs.15 Lakhs without collateral security from the concerned bank.
The eligible applicant applying under this scheme should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should be a resident of Assam
- The minimum age limit of the applicant should be 21 years
- Government employee of Assam who is in lower-income categories
- The state employee of Assam should have at least a minimum of 5 years experience
- The employees who have already availed of education and the home loan from the SBI at regular rates would also be able to switch over to the subsidized loan scheme of the Government after one year
The Assam Government will provide 3.5% subsidy of interest to the Government employee under this scheme. Once the application is approved, the interest of home loan will be 5% for women and 5.05% for men.(i.e) the Government will afford the interest rate of 3.5% as the subsidy, and then the remaining interest rate should have to be possessed by the applicant.
|Loan Amount||Rs.15 Lakhs||Rs.15 Lakhs|
|Interest subsidy provided by the Government||3.5%||3.5%|
|Interest rate after subsidy||5.05%||5%|
The applicant can obtain the application form without remitting any fee for it.
The required documents are to be submitted while applying for a home loan scheme.
- Passport size photograph
- Identity proof like PAN card, Voter ID, Identity card etc
- Proof of Residence
- Latest salary slip with all deductions duly verified by the DDO
- Statement of salary account for the last six months
- No dues salary from the existing banker if the salary is credited other than in SBI account
- Personal assets and liabilities statement in bank’s format
- Proof of being in service for a minimum of five years
- Documents evidencing the ownership of land
To register for home loan scheme, follow the steps below:
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of the Assam Government to download the application form.
Step 2: Select “schemes and projects” menu which is visible on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: The user has to click on “Apun Ghar” to download the application form.
Step 4: Fill the form with required details and attach the specified documents along with the application form.jpg2pdf_reduce
Step 5: The applicant needs to submit the duly filled application to the concerned Drawing and Disbursement Officer (DDO).
Note: Upon submission, the DDO (Drawing and Disbursement Officer) will forward the application to the State Bank of India for processing to disburse the loan.
Repayment of Loan
The maximum tenure of loan which will be provided is 20 years. For pensionable service holders, the loan has to be repaid by the age of 70 years. For non-pensionable service holders, the loan has to be reimbursed by the age of 60 years.