Arunachal Pradesh Income Certificate
Arunachal Pradesh Income Certificate
Income certificate is an important document which certifies that the annual income of a person or family. In Arunachal Pradesh, the Deputy Commissioner is empowered to issue income certificate to the residents of Arunachal Pradesh. Income certificate can be used for availing various subsidies provided by Government of Arunachal Pradesh. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining the Arunachal Pradesh income certificate in detail.
Uses of Income Certificate
Important uses of income certificate are as follows:
- Income certificate has to be produced to avail tax relaxation at the time of property/land purchase.
- To avail fee concession in an education institution, income certificate is a mandatory document.
- Income certificate may be requested at the time of admission in schools.
- Income certificate is mandatory for securing seats in the quota reserved in an educational institution.
- Income certificate is also needed to be furnished to get certain loans from the bank and financial organization in Arunachal Pradesh.
- To receive the pension provided by the Government, income certificate has to be submitted.
- Income certificate requires to avail certain subsidies and schemes introduced by the Government.
Calculating Income for Income Certificate
Before applying for income certificate, you need to calculate the annual income of a family, i.e. the income actually acquired by all family members. The income of family means that a sum of income from applicant, father, mother, spouse and unmarried family members. To calculate income, the income from the following sources also needs to be included.
- Income from Property
- Income from business
- Income from labour
- Income of NRI Member
- Rental income
- Salary of the all family member
- Pension Amount
The following incomes are not to be included while calculating the total income of a family.
- Surrender leave salary
- Festival allowance
- Terminal benefits
- Income of widow daughter or sister
- Family pension
For applying income certificate in Arunachal Pradesh attach the following documents:
- Government employees need to submit salary statement for the last 12 months from Drawing and Disbursing Office (DDO)
- Applicants from rural areas have to submit a certificate from Block Development Officer
- APST Non-Government Employee (Persons having income from Horticulture, Agriculture and Veterinary Sources) need to submit a certificate from DAO, DHO, DVO.
- In the case of non-APST Non-Government Employees need to submit Income Tax Return/Form 16
- Proof of Address – Attested copy of Voter’s ID card/ Adhaar Card/ LPC/ Land Allotment Passbook/ Ration Card/ LPG Card/ Driver’s License can be submitted.
Fee for applying Income Certificate in Arunachal Pradesh is Rs.25.
Applying through Jansuvidha Counter
To apply for income certificate through Jansuvidha counter of the Deputy Commissioner office in Arunachal Pradesh, follow the below procedure:
Step 1: Applicant needs to visit Jansuvidha counter of the Deputy Commissioner office to apply for income certificate through offline mode.
Step 2: Complete the application form, you need to provide information such as Name, annual income and purpose of obtaining the certificate, etc.
Step 3: Submit the application along with all other required documents to Jansuvidha counter.
Step 4: Pay the applicable fee for processing the certificate. The kiosk person will upload all documents online for getting approval from DC.
Step 5: Get an acknowledgement receipt with the application number. Keep it safe for future reference.
Step 6: On submission of application successfully, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number regarding the progress of the application. Also, check the status of the application online. (Explained Below)
On approval of the application by DC, the applicant can collect digitally signed income certificate by providing application/ reference number to Jansuvidha counter.
Applying through CSC
The applicant can also submit the application in the prescribed format at the Common Service Centers in their locality along with the required supporting documents. On successful submission of application, get an acknowledgement slip from CSC executive. After approval by DC, the applicant will receive the digitally signed certificate. Also, the applicant can get the approved income certificate from CSC centre by providing an application number.
Applying Online through ServicePlus
To apply for income certificate through online Arunachal Pradesh Service plus (e-Service) portal, follow the guidelines given below:
Note: Before applying through e-Service, keep scanned copies of all required documents.
Step 1: Visit the home page of Arunachal Pradesh e-Service portal.
Step 2: Log in to the portal using username and password for availing certificate services.
Step 3: In case of the new user, register yourself under this application by clicking on Register yourself option. Provide details such as Address, Mobile Number, Email ID etc.
Step 4: After registration, the applicant will receive an activation link to the email ID.
Step 5: After activation login to the portal, select Income certificate from the services menu.
Step 6: Provide all details mentioned below in the application form.
- Name of Father/Mother
- Total number of family members
- Annual income as per certificate from HOD/DDO
- Total annual income (Land and other sources)
- Purpose of obtaining
Step 7: After clicking on the save button, upload all required documents (refer above).
Step 8: Make the payment of requisite fee towards the application by net banking. Submit the application.
Step 9: Subsequent to the successful submission of the application in ServicePlus, generates an acknowledgement receipt, having the unique reference number for the application.
Step 10: Take a print-out of acknowledgement receipt for future reference.
Note: The Service Plus application will send an automatic SMS notifying the applicant about the successful submission and application reference number.
Step 11: The application will be routed to the Dealing assistant (DA)/Clerk of concerned line department. The branch officer will issue the certificate after getting approval from the approving officer. Also, about the progress of the application, the applicant will receive an SMS will be sent to the mobile.
Status of Application
You can track application status online by visiting the Service Plus main page. Select ‘know your status of application’ option or Click on Tracking.
In the next page, you have to select State Government for the service provider, select Arunachal Pradesh and income certificate from the drop-down menu. Also, mention application Submission mode and provide reference/application number.
After entering the verification code, click on the submit button, the application status will be displayed.
Verify and Download Certificate
Follow the below-mentioned steps to verify the Arunachal Pradesh income certificate.
Step 1: To verify, click on “Verify Certificate” Link in e-Service
Step 2: Enter the Application Reference Number and Token Number available at the bottom of the certificate.
Step 3: Click on Get Certificate.
Verify the details of the certificate and download the certificate. In case any mistake, contact concerned Deputy Commissioner for making corrections.