Air Catering Units Approval
Air Catering Units Approval
The Ministry of Tourism has launched a scheme for the approval of Standalone Air Catering Units in the country with the purpose to meet the requirements of air passengers. The objective is to encourage professional inputs and outputs and to provide international standards in Standalone Air Catering Units so as to promote tourism in India and abroad. Let us look in detail about the criteria, documents required and application procedure for the Approval of Standalone Air Catering Units.
To know about How to Start a Catering Business- Click here
In general, the following are the eligibility criteria for the air catering units which are found suitable seeking for the approved as per the following guidelines and classified:
- It must be located within the nearest distance to the airport, preferably in an area marked by the Authority of Indian Airport, in a good locality taking into the account accessibility, immediate environs, approach etc.
- It must have legal licenses and certificates from the concerned local authorities or Police Department wherever applicable. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Fire Service Department and Health license as applicable.
- The facility to be with a reasonable size and dimensions, that is designed keeping in view of the volume and quality food manufacturing practices like workflow where there is no clash of finished products and waste, basic segregation of raw and processing areas.
- It must have the basic infrastructure in terms of proper ventilation, lighting space, air conditioning, temperature control in various areas as per the needs. In addition, air curtains and insect-o-cutters to be in strategic locations.
- It must have segregated Cold Storage and Deep freezers for food storage and to be treated with enough water supply.
- There must be a proper drainage system, sewage treatment plant and should have made proper arrangements for the waste disposal.
- It must have segregated staff facilities with change rooms, toilets, etc.
- The work processes must meet the criteria of Food Safety, preferably the HACCP guidelines that are issued by the International Flight Catering Association (IFCA), as applicable in the local provisions, practices or records must support the following:
- Temperature: Food items to be maintained at the proper temperature and also checking the temperature of the holding and working area at least 6 hourly.
- Medical Policy: Recruitment of staff on medical examination and also provides medical check-ups every half year for the staffs.
- Personal Hygiene: The staffs to be provided with proper training of covering all basic food microbiology.
- Equipment: The equipment that is used in different areas must meet the Food Safety criteria. especially there must be an equipment washing machine, blast chillers and ice cuber.
To start a restaurant business in India or obtain FSSAI license, visit IndiaFilings.com
- An approval fee would be of Rs.10,000 which is payable through demand draft in favour of Pay & Accounts Officer.
- A classification fee will be charged for Rs.20,000 that is payable by way of a Demand Draft (DD) in favour of the Pay & Accounts Officer, Ministry of Tourism, New Delhi.
- The Re-classification is required to be done every 3 years, and the fee would be 50% of the classification fee that will be of Rs.10,000.
The below listed are the information/documentation that has to be submitted by the Air Catering Units for approval to the Director-General Tourism
- A detailed project report explaining the feasibility of the proposed Air Catering Units and must also describe the amenities to be provided based on the specific provision given for the classification.
- The selected site to be suitable for the establishment of air catering unit and to be in all possibility for accessing from the airport.
- A Land Use Certificate from the respective State/local authority/Airport agency certifying that it is permissible to establish an Air Catering Unit on the site selected.
- Blueprints of the proposed plan that has to be duly signed by the architect and the promoters.
- Ownership document of the land.
- Urban Land Ceiling Certificate, wherever applicable.
- Approval of Indian Airport Authority/Director General Civil Aviation.
- Name, business and family background of the promoters.
- Proposed ownership structure providing full details as to whether the new undertaking will be owned by the individuals or a firm or a company.
- The estimated cost of the project and the manner in which it is proposed to raise the funds for the project.
- The Ministry of Tourism has stated regulatory conditions that have to be adhered to by the promoters of such Air Catering Units. The promoters must furnish the acceptance of these regulatory conditions in the prescribed corm.
Procedure for the Approval of Air Catering Units
The Ministry of Tourism (MOT) approves the Standalone Air Catering Units also at the project and planning stage. The applicant has to follow the below step by step procedure for the Approval of Air Catering Units. The applicant has to follow the below step by step procedure for the Approval of Air Catering Units.
Access the Website
Step 1: The application for the approval of Air Catering Units can be submitted online by accessing the official web-portal of Classification, Approval and Occupancy of Hotels.
New User Application
Step 2: In the case of a new user, the applicant has to get registered in the official web-portal by clicking on the “New Registration” tab which will take to the registration page.
Login to Portal
Step 4: Now, log in with the registered User Identity and Password.
Step 5: Once logged in, a new registration page will be displayed where the applicant will have to click on the “Apply for the Approval of Air Catering Units” link.
Step 6: The relevant application form will get opened on clicking the link “Apply for Approval of Air Catering Units”.
Fill out the Right Credentials
Step 7: The information of the owner has to fill out all the required details in the approval form.
Step 8: After entering all the details, the applicant has to click on the “save and proceed” button.
Step 9: Now upload all the required documents that are mentioned above then click on “save and proceed” button.
Step 10: The uploaded documents that are uploaded by the applicants after scrutiny in all respects would be acknowledged online.
Step 11: The applications for the Approval of Operational Air Catering Units with the requisite fee is payable only by Debit card/Credit card/RTGS/NEFT.
- All the applications for the approval of Standalone Air Catering Units should be complete in all respects such as application form, prescribed fee, clearances, NOC’s, certificates, etc. The incomplete application form is subject to be rejected.
- Any deficiencies/rectification if spotted by the HRACC, that has to be completed within the specified time, which has been allotted in the consultation with the representatives during the inspection. If failed to correct the mistakes, then it will result in the rejection of the approval.
To know more about starting a catering business, visit IndiaFilings.com
Post by Sinduja Shankar
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.