Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase / Fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP) is a scheme initiated by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. This scheme has been launched to provide assistance to disabled persons in obtaining standard aids and appliances in order to enhance their economic conditions. In this article, we look at the quantum of assistance, eligibility and application procedure of ADIP Scheme in detail.
Objective of the Scheme
The primary objective of the scheme is to help people with disabilities by bringing new possibilities with suitable, durable and scientifically manufactured with modern technologies to overcome the effects of disabilities. These appliances may promote the physical, social and psychological rehabilitation of the disabled persons.
A handicapped person who satisfies the below following Criteria would be eligible for assistance under ADIP Scheme:
- Must be a citizen of India under any age group
- Applicant must hold a copy of Disability Certificate with 40%
- Applicant’s monthly income from all sources must not exceed the value of Rs. 20,000/- per month.
- In the case of dependents, the income of parents or guardians must not exceed the value of Rs. 20,000/- per month.
- Those who are not receiving any assistance from the Government and Non-Official Organisations for the past three years for the same object from any source are eligible to apply for this scheme. However, for the children under 12 years of age group, the limit would be restricted for one year.
Note: A copy of Income Certificate of beneficiaries whose resident’s stay in orphanages, half-way homes etc. Will be accepted on certification of concerned District Collector or Head of the organization.
|S.No.||Total Income from all Sources||Amount of Assistance Provided|
|1.||Up to Rs. 15,000/- per month||Full cost of aid and appliance|
|2.||Rs. 15,001/- to Rs. 20,000/- per month||50% of the cost of aid and appliance|
The below following documents (duly attested) are to be furnished at the time of submitting the application form.
- A copy of Disability Certificate
- Two passport size photo of the applicant
- Income Certificate from Revenue Agencies
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
Quantum of Assistance to Disabled Person
Only for those aids/appliances which do not rate more than Rs. 6,000/- are covered under this ADIP Scheme. However, for visually, mentally, speech and hearing or multiple disabilities, the limit must be Rs. 8,000/- during their study period after 9th standards. The limits will apply to individual equipment of aid and where more than one aid is required, the ceiling will apply separately.
The aids/appliances which do not Rs. 10,000/- are covered under this Scheme. Aids/appliances that do not cost more than Rs. 10,000/- are eligible under the ADIP Scheme for a single disability. However, in the case of SwDs, the students beyond the 9th class, the limit would be raised to Rs.12,000/-.
In the case of multiple disabilities, the limits will apply to individual equipment of aid and where more than one aid/appliances are required, the ceiling will apply separately.
For providing modern devices for all categories of PwDs both physical and mental and multiple disability impaired groups.
Application Procedure of the ADIP Scheme
ADIP Scheme can be applied by the below following procedure described.
To apply for this ADIP Scheme online, the applicant can visit the official site ADIP Cochlear Implant using this link.
After visiting the portal, click on the ADIP Scheme and fill out the online application form under Enrollment for Cochlear Implant Surgery and attach the scanned copy of supporting documents or else the applicant can also download the Application form from the website and send the filled Application with all the required supporting documents to the following address:
Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped
K.C. Marg, Bandra (W) Reclamation
Mumbai – 400 050
E-mail: [email protected]