Shadi Anudan Scheme
Shadi Anudan Scheme
The Uttar Pradesh Government has initiated the Shadi Anudan Scheme to provide financial assistance for marriage to the people belonging to the economically backward class. Under this scheme, the UP government is responsible for distributing funds to the beneficiaries. In this article, we look at the Shadi Anudan Scheme in detail.
Eligibility for Shadi Anudan Scheme
The eligibility criteria for applying the Shadi Anudan scheme are listed below.
- The applicant should be a resident of the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The annual income of the applicant family should be below Rs.46,080 per year in the rural area and Rs.56,460 per year in urban areas.
- All categories of the person such as SC, ST, OBC, Minority as well as the all general classes of people who are below the poverty line (BPL) are eligible for this scheme.
Features of the Scheme
The features of the Shadi Anudan Scheme is explained below.
- This scheme grants benefits to those low-income families, not financially competent for the daughter’s marriage.
- Marriage grant will apply to a maximum of 2 daughters from a family.
- In the application for marriage, it is mandatory for the daughter to be more than 18 years of age of marriage.
- Under this scheme, the target of granting grants to all 2 lakh households was included by the low-income families of all sections of the state.
- For this, financial provision of Rs 400 crore has been made in the financial year 2016-17
- To fulfil the cent percent target in this scheme,all the District Magistrates have been directed through video conferencing from time to time, and a comprehensive overview of progress is also being done.
Subsidy Under Shadi Anudan
All the applicants who apply for the Shadi Anudan scheme will be given a sum of up to Rs.40,000 under this scheme. To confirm that the benefits of this scheme are received to the beneficiary, the money received by the state government to the beneficiaries is transferred directly to their bank accounts.
The required documents are to be produced at the time of submitting your application form.
- Both bride and groom Birth Certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Community Certificate
- Address Proof (Voter ID & Ration Card)
- Wedding Card
- Bank Passbook along with bank account details
- Individual Passport size photograph and after marriage needs to submit the joint photograph.
Online Application Procedure for Scheme
To register for Shadi Anudan scheme online, follow the steps mentioned below:
Visit Shadi Anudan Portal
Step 1: Kindly visit the Shadi Anudan website of Uttar Pradesh Government.
Step 2: Click on the “New Registration” link depending upon your eligibility criteria which are on the home screen of the portal.
Step 3: On the next screen, the application form appears in which you have to fill the necessary information in the applicant details.
Step 4: Now fill the necessary information in the marriage details.
Step 5: And then you have to provide your details of the annual income and bank details.
Submit the Form
Step 6: After filling the form with the appropriate details, click on the “Submit” button.
Step 7: You will receive the acknowledgement number as the confirmation message for submission.
Track Application Status
This portal also facilities the user to track the status of the application submitted online.
Revisit the Portal
Step 1: You have to revisit the same portal.
Status of Application Form
Step 2: Click on “Status of application form” link on the homepage of the portal.
Select your District
Step 3: Now select your district and enter your account number or registration number and click on the “Search” button.
View Application Status
Step 4: Now you can view the status of your application submitted.
Post by Karthiga
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.