Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme
Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme
The Government of Punjab has introduced the Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme for the welfare of women residing in rural areas. The scheme intends to help women for establishing micro and small business in rural areas. The assistance under the MBIS scheme will be available in any sector for imparting skills related to employability and entrepreneurship. In this article, we look at the Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme in detail.
To know about Shagun Scheme – Aashirwad click here.
Benefits of the Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme
The following are the benefits of the Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme.
- The scheme will provide a loan at 8-10% interest per annum to individual or group of women.
- This scheme helps to improve their families financial position and to enlarge the women’s livelihoods.
- Primary agriculture cooperative societies (PACS) is an organisation which is available in many areas in Punjab and help to provide training and commercial activity to women.
- The Punjab government will create a scheme for providing assistance up to Rs.25,000 to women through PACS by a personal guarantee.
The eligibility criteria for applying the Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme are listed below.
- All women in Punjab are eligible to get the benefits of this scheme.
- Applicant must be the permanent resident of Punjab state.
The required documents are to be submitted while applying for Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme.
- Residence proof, e.g. certificate from residence authority ( electricity bill, water connection bill, etc.).
- Copy of Aadhar card
- Copy of bank details
Sectors Covered under this Scheme
The following are the fields focused in this scheme are as follows:
- Phulkari work
- stitching and embroidery
- Hosiery and knitting
- Vermicompost fertilisers
- Beauty Parlour
- STD Booths and petty shops
- Mushroom growing, Beekeeping, earthen pots
- Vadi papad, Pickles,Murrba, sauce making
- Dairy &and Poultry
- Cattle feed making. Poultry feed making
- Making of Soft toys
- Processing of Fruits and vegetables
- Grinding and stuffing of chilli powder, haldi powder and masala powder Computer BPO / Call centre Training ( inbound/ outbound calls)
- Soap making
- Notebook, Copybook, Registers etc. making
- Uniform making
- Bakery, Confectionery
- Candle making
The Division level Committee will organise training of women members at PACS level, Block level or at the District Head Quarter. Joint Registrar of the division will have discussion with the Department of Horticulture, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), Khadi and Village Industries Board (KVIB), Krishi Vigyan Kendra, , Punjab Agriculture University (PAU), Women Welfare Department, Knit Wear Clubs Ludhiana, Social Security Department and various NGO’s working in the area for imparting serval types of training, guidance and awareness. JRCS along with his team will identify the support mechanism depending upon the field conditions for such women/groups. He will decide and seek help from Government departments, PAU centres, NGO’s and other agencies. The Managing Director PICT will promote all the Joint Registrars and Deputy Registrars in holding these training. Fund amount of Rs. 20.00 lacs has been allocated for the training and have been placed at the disposal of MD PICT, Chandigarh for further disbursement to Joint Registrars as per their requirement.
The application form of Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme is available on the central co-operative banks in Punjab. Hence, fill the application form and submit it to the bank along with the required documents. If the bank approves your application, the acknowledgement regarding your status will be forwarded to the applicant.