West Bengal Records of Rights – Khatian
West Bengal Records of Rights – Khatian
West Bengal Record of Rights (ROR) is an extract from the land records registers held by the Revenue Department of State Government. ROR contains complete information regarding the land or property and history of holders of land. This revenue document is a vital indicator of the legal status of a land/property. The West Bengal Record of Rights (Khatian) register is maintained in the Revenue Department for every village separately. Government issues certified copies of entries in the record of rights (land records) to residents of West Bengal. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a certified copy of West Bengal Records of Rights or extract of ROR in detail.
Know more about West Bengal Property Registration
Importance of West Bengal Records of Rights
Importance of obtaining a certified copy of West Bengal records of rights is described here:
- West Bengal Records of Rights (Khatian) endorses the real owner of a land
- This land record – Khatian is beneficial to detect false claim on the lands
- Usage of a certified copy of records of rights or extract of ROR avoids land grabbing
- West Bengal record of rights can be used in court litigations related to property
- Records of Rights (ROR) will help holder to avoid any legal hassles in the future
Uses of West Bengal Records of Rights
The following are some of the significant purposes of West Bengal Records of Rights (ROR):
- In West Bengal, ROR is used to check the ownership of an ancestral land or any other land.
- Extracts of ROR or land record can be used to get details of land type, and the variety of activities carried out on land.
- West Bengal ROR is a vital document to obtain information regarding an agricultural aspect of the land and its surrounding areas
- ROR or Khatian is required at Registrar’s office when sale transaction of land (mutation) is being done.
- West Bengal record of rights is one of the mandatory documents to raise farm creditor to get a loan from a bank.
- The court needs land record proofs in case of any civil litigation. Certified copy of ROR can be produced for this purpose.
- It is mandatory to check the land record of the seller and ensure his/her ownership of the area while buying property
- Buyer has to verify the revenue records of the land (ROR) on which the flat is being constructed in case of buying flats.
Attributes in West Bengal Records of Rights
The West Bengal Records of Rights extract contains the following information about land or property.
- Details of changes in ownership
- Nature and limits of owner’s rights and conditions
- Mutation numbers
- Details of the loan taken by the land occupant/owner
- Type of irrigation (irrigated kind or Rainfed nature)
- Information about the type of crops planted in the last cultivating season
- Type of soil (agricultural or non-agricultural)
- Survey number of the land/Property
- Area of the earth – Fit for cultivation
- Details of charges of attachment and decrees under the order of the civil court or revenue authorities
- Details pending loans for buying seeds, pesticides or fertilisers
- Aspects of pending litigations, if any
- The field in possession of each landholder and the classification of each area are entered from the Dag Chitha
- Aspects of property tax paid and unpaid
Check West Bengal Khatian Online
You can also check Khatian – Records of Rights details online on Banglarbhumi website by following the steps explained below:
Step 1: You have to access the Home page of the Banglarbhumi website
Step 2: Select the Citizen Service Option from the menu bar, and then click on “Know Your Property” to view your ROR (Khatian) details.
Step 3: In the new page, you have to select District Name, Block name, Mouza from the drop-down menu and click on ‘Search by Khatian’ option.
By providing the Khatian number, you can view the ROR front and back page. You can also get the print out of the same. But this copy cannot be used for legal purposes, for obtaining a certified copy of ROR you need to follow the procedure explained below.
Know more about Banglarbhumi – Online Land Record – West Bengal
The certified copy of West Bengal records of rights (ROR) will be granted only if there is no dispute regarding its ownership and the concerned land should not West Bengal Government land or assigned land belonging to the State Government.
Certified copy of West Bengal records of the rights will be issued within 20 days from the date of application.
For obtaining the certified copy of West Bengal records of rights, the applicant needs to pay a fee of Rs.20.
Land and Land Reforms and Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department, Government of West Bengal, is the concerned department for the issuance of West Bengal Records of Rights. The applicant requesting for the ROR should apply to the Tahsildar of the concerned Tahasil which is the competent authority.
Below-mentioned documents must be furnished to get the certified copy of West Bengal Records of Rights
- Ration Card
- Proof of Identify – Voter ID
- Proof of Address – Aadhaar Card
- Proof of ownership of property
- Land Tax
- Encumbrance certificate
- Evidence for Income Sources – Income certificate
Applying for West Bengal Records of Rights through CSC centre
Procedure to get certified copy of West Bengal Records of rights through CSC centre is explained in detail below.
Approach CSC centre
Step 1: Applicant needs to approach the nearest CSC centre for obtaining a certified copy of West Bengal ROR.
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant has to apply in a prescribed format for obtaining the certificated copy of West Bengal ROR at the CSC centre. The application form for getting the West Bengal Khatian (records of rights) is enclosed here.WBeDistrict_Issuance_of_Certified_Copy_of_RoR_Form (1)
Provide the following details in the application form:
- Personal information Parents Details
- Spouse Details
- Contact Details
- Permanent address
- Details of submitter
- Purpose of obtaining solvency certificate
- Land Record Details
- Plot Details
- Solvency Certificate for the amount (in Rs.)
Step 3: Furnish all necessary documents (refer above) to the CSC centre, service operator. The request for ROR extract (Khatian) will be forwarded online to the concerned authority, i.e., Tahsildar.
Note: CSC centre service operator will issue a receipt with the certified copy of ROR application number. This application number will also be sent to the registered mail ID and mobile number. Keep this number safe for future reference.
Step 4: The concerned authority, Tahsildar will process the certified copy of Records of rights or Khatian request.
Step 5: After downloading all verification and proceeding documents, Tahsildar will take action for issuing a certified copy of ROR extract.
Applying Online through West Bengal e-District Portal
Guidelines for obtaining a certified copy of West Bengal Records of rights (ROR) through the e-District online portal is described in step by step procedure.
Step 1: To get an extract of ROR through online, go to the home page of West Bengal e-District web portal.
Step 2: You have to register in this portal for availing certificate services provided by the West Bengal Government. Click on the Citizen Registration option.
Step 3: After the selection of citizen registration link, new user registration window will be displayed.
Provide following details for user registration in e-District Portal.
- User Type
- Applicant’s Full Name
- User Name
- Confirm Password
- Password Hint Question
- Password Hint Answer
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
Step 4: Click Save Button for registration, after that one-time submission password (OTP), will be sent to the registered mobile number. Provide that OTP in the panel given and click on the confirm button.
Step 5: Confirmation mail will be sent to registered mail ID. Click on the Activation Link to activate an e-District portal account.
Step 6: After activation, the applicant can log in to the e-District portal using username and password.
Step 7: From the service option selected certified copy ROR, enter all mandatory details for records of rights. Upload all supporting documents, make payment and click on submit button for concerned Tahsildar.
Step 8: An acknowledgement slip with application number will be displayed. You need to take a print out of this slip for future reference.
Step 9: After enquiry, the concerned authority will take action for issuing extract of West Bengal ROR or Khatian.
West Bengal Certified copy of Records of rights (ROR) application status will be updated through SMS. The applicant can also track application status from the e-District online portal. Click on the Inspection Report option from the home page.
Enter the application number and click on search document, application for Khatian status will be displayed.
Verify the ROR Extract
Once the applicant’s certified copy of records of rights (ROR) request is accepted, an SMS will be sent to registered mobile number as the application has been approved. Verify the West Bengal ROR details from e-District Portal. Click on Verification of Digitally Signed Document for view details.
In the new page, by entering application number, you can verify the details of ROR.
Note: In case any mistake found, contact CSC operator for correcting the records.
Get West Bengal ROR/Khatian
If the request for an extract of West Bengal records of rights, approved by Tahsildar, West Bengal ROR will be dispatched through courier from CSC centre to applicant’s address if the delivery type is speed post local or non-local.
If the delivery type selected as manual mode, then the applicant has to collect the extract of ROR from CSC centre where you have applied for a certified copy of West Bengal Records of Rights (ROR).
Note: It is suggested to get a copy of the ROR every year to check whether the details are updated in the Revenue Records.