Jharkhand Partnership Firm Registration
Jharkhand Partnership Firm Registration
Partnership firm registration is mandatory for any association of people who join together for a business purpose and to share the profits. In Jharkhand, all partnership firms are regulated by the Indian Partnership Act, 1932, and as per these provisions, a partnership firm must be registered. In this article, we look at the procedure for Jharkhand partnership firm registration in detail.
If you need any help for registering a partnership firm registration in Jharkhand, get in touch with an India filings Advisor at [email protected].
Jharkhand Partnership (Registration of Firms) Rules, 1932
A partnership agreement can be applied between two or more persons who are qualified to contract for the business plan.
- Every person in the age of majority according to the law.
- A person not suspended from contracting by any law to which he is eligible to enter into a partnership.
Advantages of Registering Partnership Firm
Simple to start: Partnership firms can be registered compared merely to Limited Liability Partnership, as it is not required to get DSC, DIN, and Name Endorsement. LLP registration comprises Central Government (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) laws while State Governments laws fall under the registration of partnership firm.
Firm Name: As the name of a Partnership firm is not recorded, a Partnership firm can prefer to have any other Firm Name. As the name of a Partnership firm is not recorded, a Partnership firm can prefer to have any other name as it does not interrupt at a trademark registered.
Annual Filing not necessary: Partnership firms are not supposed to file its annual reports with the Registrar each year, unlike a Limited Liability Partnership or business. Limited Liability Partnership’s and organisations are required to submit their annual reports with Registrar of Companies each year.
Know also about company yearly return filing.
Non-Registration of Firm
Unregistered firms and partners undergo the following consequences.
- A claim for setoff towards an unregistered firm is not permissible.
- The unregistered firm partner will not able to file for a case in a court by a partner towards the firm or another co-partners.
- Any case cannot be filed in the court by the firm toward third parties.
Partnership Firm Naming
The partners can easily prefer any other name as they want for their partnership firm subjected to the following practices:
- The names must not be too similar or identical to the name of any other existing company performing relevant business to regret duplication in the name of firms.
- The name must not contain terms like Emperor, Empress, Crown, Empire or the terms indicating the approval of Government, sanction only if the State Government signifies its consent in writing to the acceptance of such words as part of the name of the partnership firm.
Deed of Partnership
A Partnership Deed is an official record in which the respective terms and conditions of the members of a partnership are included. The Partnership deed consists of the following components are below:
- Both Firm and Partners address as well as name.
- Nature of Business of the Partnership Firm.
- Commencement date of business or firm.
- The duration of Partners (whether for a project/ fixed period).
- Profit distribution ratio among the partners.
- Capital contribution from each partner.
The above are the components that are essentials in all partnership deeds. If required, the partners may also cover any further clauses. Some of the additional provisions which can be involved in the deed of the partnership are listed here:
- Interest on Partners’ loan, partner’s capital and Interest, if any, to be charged on drawings.
- Commissions, Salaries, etc., if any, chargeable for partners in the firm.
- The process of making accounts and audit arrangement.
- Division of responsibility and task, i.e. the powers, duties, and commitments by all the partners in the firm.
- Rules and Regulations in case of retirement, death and admission of a partner.
While submitting the application form, submit the following documents along with the application:
- Application for Registration of Firm.
- Form 1
- Deed of Partnership
- Identification proof and Miscellaneous (if any).
Offline Partnership Firm Registration Procedure
To apply for the Partnership firm registration certificate in Jharkhand, kindly follow the steps given below:
Step 1: The applicant has to approach the concerned Registrar with the application; affidavit in a prescribed format along with all supporting documents needs to be submitted.
Note: Also download the application form for Partnership firm Registration in the PDF from the official website. The application form is below for quick reference:Jharkhand firm
Step 2: Fill all the mandatory details, such as Firm details and Partners of the firm.
Step 3: Attach all the supporting documents with the form and submit it to the office.
Step 4: After submitting the form, collect the application ID, and that can be used for future reference.
Step 5: The concerned authority, Registrar, will process the Partnership firm Registration request and after successful verification, the Registrar will issue the documents.
Online Partnership Firm Registration Procedure
To obtain the Jharkhand Partnership firm Registration certificate online, kindly follow the given steps:
Step 1: The applicants have to visit the official site of the e-Nibandhan portal, Jharkhand to apply for the Partnership firm registration.
Register into the Portal
Step 2: If a new user, go to the “Register Now” option and register yourself by filling your name, email-id, phone number and Aadhaar number.
Step 3: Now, receive your password through e-mail, and use the login credential to log in to the portal.
Step 4: Click on “application for online firm registration” option to apply for the partnership firm registration.
Step 5: For new application, leave previous application id as blank and if the applicant wants to edit your application, then fill your previously applied application ID and click on the Next button.
Step 6: Fill all the necessary details of the partners as required and then click on the Next button.
Step 7: Mark and confirm all the checklist given. Then click on the Next button.
Step 8: Now upload all the scanned documents in PDF format and click on the Next button.
Step 9: Now, the system will generate an application ID, note it for future reference. Then click on online payment link to submit the registration fee.
Step 10: Take a copy of the pre-payment receipt for future reference in case of payment failure. Then click on the “pay” button which will redirect to the payment gateway page.
Step 11: After the successful payment, a receipt will get generated against your application.
Track Application Status Online
Check the status of application of Jharkhand partnership firm registration through an e-Nibandhan official website.
Provide your application number, login e-mail ID, and password for partnership firm registration and click on get the result to view the application status.
The applicant can download their certified copy by using the valid application ID. To download the certificate from the portal, the applicant has to remit an amount of Rs.15. After downloading the certificate, the applicant can print the digitally signed certificate and use for the required purpose.