Jharkhand Johar Scheme
Jharkhand Johar Scheme
The Government of Jharkhand has initiated the “Johar Scheme” that seeks to promote the Rural Development Department. The scheme objective is to increase the productivity and diversity of agricultural and non-agricultural livelihood related activities of the selected rural families of the State. Under the Johar Yojana, the State Government provides financial assistance to the people belonging to the backward classes in society. Let us look in detail about the Jharkhand Johar Scheme in this article.
To know about the Interest-free Farm Loan Scheme
The Scheme aims to create sustainable employment to skill rural youths who are poor and provide them with jobs to bring positive changes in their standard of living. Under this scheme, a qualitative increase will be made in advanced agriculture, animal husbandry, fisheries and minor forest produce products.
Benefits of the Scheme
The Johar Yojana scheme of the Government provides various types of assistance to persons in Jharkhand state. Below are the important benefits of the scheme explained as follows:
- The Government provides subsidized financial help to the young citizens of the state and inspire them to enhance their skills.
- Under the scheme, Below Poverty Line (BPL) persons will be granted with financial assistance for meeting up their regular needs, for the education of their child, for their daughters’ marriage and creating job opportunities.
- These schemes will support the overall development of the state and will also raise the standards of living in the state.
- Under the Jharkhand Johar Scheme, small entrepreneurs of BPL families can avail up to Rs.4 lakhs loan amount to set up a poultry farm for themselves within the state.
- By offering such loans, the Government hopes to provide livelihood opportunities as more job opportunities are created for the unemployed youth in the Government.
- The project will be operated in 68 blocks in 17 districts of the state. The blocks will be selected on the basis of availability of local resources, production capacity and market access.
In general, to apply for Jharkhand Johar Scheme the applicants must meet the below-given criteria:
- Applicant’s age limit to be 18 to 35 years will be eligible for Johar Scheme
- Applicant should be the resident of Jharkhand.
- Applicant must be jobless and registered as job-seeker.
- Applicant should have enrolled in an employment bank.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family to be less than Rs.1 lakh to apply for the scheme.
The requested documents to be furnished along with the application form are as follows:
- Domicile Certificate
- Photographs of the applicant (scanned copy)
- Signature Photographs of the applicant (scanned copy)
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Legal Passport, Aadhar, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Family income certificate
- Applicant must have already registered in an employment bank.
- Bank account details (copy of bank passbook).
- The applicant to not be a defaulter in the records of any bank.
- Any other documents (if required)
Note: The fake documents or any discrepancy in the documents will lead to the rejection of the application. Therefore, the applicants are advised to provide the original certificates/records while applying for the scheme.
Implementation of the Scheme
The Government has allocated totally 40 crores for the implementation of this project. The project has been formed by the Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society. A target of a qualitative increase in their standard of living has been set by connecting about 2 lakh families with one or more means of livelihood over a time period of 6 years (2017-2024). In addition to the World Bank, there will be contributions from various departments of the state and community for funding the project.
To apply for this scheme, the interested applicants must follow the below-given procedures.
Step 1: The applicant must visit the official website of Jharkhand
Step 2: Now select the “NRLM” option under the department section.
Step 3: Click the “Jharkhand Opportunities for Harnessing Rural Growth” to open the application form.
Step 4: The applicant will have to fill the application form with appropriate details without any mistakes.
Step 5: Now, submit the business loan form in the prescribed format to the concerned office along with all the supporting certificates
Step 6: All the development departments in the district provide assistance amount in the form of technical support and guidance. The monitoring process will be done by the District level Committee.
Note: A citizen can register a complaint by calling 181 tollfree number in case of in queries. You can contact Kiosk of his/her area for applying service and can also check the details of Kiosk under “Kiosk details” while clicking on the particular service.
The standards for the selection of blocks, availability of community organizations like Sakhi Mandal and their high-level associations formed under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission has been given priority. The concept of the selection process has been strengthened through the use of a geographic information system for geospatial mapping in the selection process.