Haryana Death Certificate
Haryana Death Certificate
Death certificate is an official document issued by the concerned State Government to confirm the deceased state of a person. Registration of death is mandatory under the Haryana Government as per the provisions of Registrations of Death Act, 1969. In this article, we view the procedure for obtaining Haryana death certificate in detail.
Registration of Birth and Death Act,1961
Every birth and death occurred within the concerned state/UT government needs to be registered within 21 days of its occurrence. The Municipal Corporation in Haryana is responsible for issuing the death certificate under the State Government.
Purpose of Death Certificate
A death certificate is required for the following purposes:
- To prove the fact of death for relieving the individual from social, legal and official obligations.
- To confirm the date and time of death.
- To establish the claim on the property.
- To enable settlement of property inheritance, and
- To authorize the family to collect insurance and other benefits.
Person Responsible for Registering Death
The person required to register death are listed below:
- If death has taken place in Government hospital, private hospital, nursing homes, medical institutions, such death are to be reported by the person in charge of institutions within 21 days of death to the concerned Registrar.
- If death has taken place in the home, it is responsible for the head of the family to report such deaths within 21 days to the Sub Registrars.
The following charges are applicable for the registering death certificate under Haryana Government are listed below:
|1||Registering the death within 21 days of its occurrence.||Free of cost.|
|2||Registration of death done after 30 days but before 30 days of occurrence.||
Late fee of Rs.2/-
Penalty of Rs.5/-
|3||Registration of death after one year of occurrence .||
Late fee of Rs.10/-
Penalty of Rs.25/-
The required documents are to be submitted along with the application form.
- Application form
- Proof of birthof the deceased
- Aadhar Card.
- An affidavit specifying the time and date of the death
- The required fee in the form of court fee stamps
- A copy of the ration card.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC).
Offline Application procedure
To apply for death certificate through offline mode are explained below:
To obtain the death certificate, the applicant has to visit the Municipal Corporation office or gram panchayat office. One needs to submit the death certificate application form along with the prescribed documents as required. After submitting the application, an acknowledgement slip will be given to the applicant for further reference.death
Online Application procedure
To apply for death certificate online, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: The applicant needs to visit the official website of Haryana Government.
Step 2: Enter the user id and password to enter into the portal.
Step 3: Now select the services “Death Certificate” which displays the required application form.
Step 4: Fill the form with appropriate details and then click on “Submit” button for successful registration.
Track Application Status
The applicant has to visit again the portal to track the application status.
Click on “Status of Application” on the login page.
Enter the Transaction ID and registered Mobile number and Click on “Search” button to view the status of the application.