Gujarat Records of Rights – Khatian
Gujarat Records of Rights –Khatian
Gujarat Record of Rights (ROR) is an extract from the land records registers held by the Revenue Department of State Government. ROR contains complete information regarding the land or property and history of holders of land. This revenue document is a vital indicator of the legal status of a land/property. The Gujarat Record of Rights (Khatian) register is maintained in the concerned Revenue Department for every village separately. The government of Gujarat issues certified copies of entries in the record of rights (land records) to residents of Gujarat. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a certified copy of Gujarat Records of Rights or extract of ROR in detail.
Importance of Gujarat Records of Rights
Importance of obtaining a certified copy of Gujarat records of rights is described here:
- Gujarat Records of Rights (Khatian) endorses the real owner of a land
- This land record – Khatian is beneficial to find the false claim on the lands
- Usage of the certified copy of records of rights or extract of ROR avoids land grabbing
- Gujarat record of rights can be used in court litigations related to property
- Records of Rights (ROR) will help holder to avoid any legal hassles in the future
Uses of Gujarat Records of Rights
The following are some of the important purposes of Gujarat Records of Rights (ROR):
- In Gujarat, ROR is used to check the ownership of an ancestral land or any other land.
- Extracts of ROR or land record can be used to obtain details of land type, and the of activities carried out on land.
- Gujarat ROR is a vital document to obtain information regarding an agricultural aspect of the land and its surrounding areas
- ROR or Khatian is required at Registrar’s office when sale transaction of land (mutation) is being done.
- Gujarat record of rights is one of the mandatory documents to raise farm creditor to get a bank loan
- The court requires land record proofs in case of any civil litigation. Certified copy of ROR can be produced for this purpose.
- It is mandatory to check the land record of the seller and ensure his/her ownership of the area while buying property
- Buyer has to verify the revenue records of the land (ROR) on which the flat is being constructed in case of buying flats.
Attributes in Gujarat Records of Rights
The Gujarat Records of Rights extract contains the following information about land or property.
- Details of changes in ownership
- Nature and limits of owner’s rights and conditions
- Mutation numbers
- Details of the loan taken by the land occupant/owner
- Type of irrigation (irrigated kind land or Rainfed nature)
- Details about the type of crops planted in the last cultivating season
- Type of soil (agricultural or non-agricultural)
- Survey number of the land/Property
- Area of the earth – Fit for cultivation
- Details pending loans for buying seed, pesticide or fertilizers
- Details of charge of attachment and decrees under the order of the civil court or revenue authority
- Aspects of pending litigations
- The field in possession of each landowner and the classification of each area are entered from the Dag Chitha
- Aspects of property tax paid and unpaid
Check Gujarat Khatian Online
You can also check Khatian – Records of Rights details online on Any ROR Gujarat website by following the steps explained below:
Step 1: You have to access the Home page of the Any ROR at Anywhere website.
Step 2: Select the View land record option from the home page. The link will redirect to new page.
Step 3: In the new page, you have to VF8A Khata Details and select concerned District, Taluka from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Enter the concerned village name and provide survey number from the drop-down menu.
By clicking on getting details button, the details of ROR will be displayed. You can also get the print out of the same. But this copy cannot be used for legal purposes, for obtaining a certified copy of ROR you can follow the procedure as described below.
The certified copy of Gujarat records of rights (ROR) will be provided only if there is no dispute regarding the land ownership and the concerned land should not Gujarat Government land or assigned land belonging to the State Government.
For obtaining the certified copy of Gujarat records of rights, the applicant needs to pay a fee of Rs.20.
Revenue Department, Government of Gujarat, is the concerned department for the issuance of certified copy of Gujarat Records of Rights. The applicant requesting for the ROR should apply to the Tahsildar of the concerned Tahasil which is the competent authority.
Applying through Jan Seva Kendra
Procedure for applying Gujarat records of rights or Khatian through Jan Seva Kendra is described in detailed step by step procedure below:
Step 1: Applicant needs to access the nearest Jan Seva Kendra for applying the certified copy of Gujarat records of rights (ROR).
Submit an Application
Step 2: The landowner has to apply in prescribed format ROR or Khatian at Jan Seva Kendra. Enter personal details, the purpose of applying for a certified copy of records of rights, land details, and all other information.
Step 3: Pay the applicable fee for ROR to the Jan Seva Kendra operator for processing records of rights and issue the same. Get acknowledgement slip with a unique application number from Jan Seva Kendra operator. Note this reference application number for future reference.
ROR copy Processing
Step 4: The request ROR will be processed online through the Gujarat Revenue department. ROR or Khatian application status will be sent through SMS to the registered mobile number.
Step 5: The concerned authority (Tahsildar) will process the ROR request online, and after successful verification, the prescribed authority will approve the records of rights request and take action for issuing Gujarat records of rights.
Gujarat ROR Online Application Procedure
Procedure to apply for the certified copy of Gujarat records of rights is explained in detail below:
Access Digital Gujarat
Step 1: Access the home page of Digital Gujarat portal. The list of the location of the Jan Seva Kendra will be displayed on the main page.
Step 2: You can select the location and proceed further with the application. You can search your area by directly typing into the text box.
Login to DG Portal
Step 3: The registered user of the Digital portal can use the “login” option from the home page to log in and apply for Gujarat Khatian.
Step 4: When selecting the login option you will be navigated to the Login page, provide the credentials and click on the “Login” button.
New User Registration
Step 5: If you are new to this portal, then select the Click on the New Registration (Citizen) option, it will redirect to user registration page.
Step 6: When you click on this registration option, the link will be navigated to the user registration page.
Step 7: For new user registration, you need to provide all the fields, after entering details, click on the save option to finish the registration process.
Step 8: After completion of the first stage registration process, the applicant will receive a one-time password (OTP) to the registered mobile for verification.
Step 9: After providing the one time password in the text box, click on the confirm option. After verifying the mobile number, you can proceed with the second stage of the registration process.
Step 10: Provide all other details click on the update button to save the same. On completion of the second stage registration process, you will be redirected to the citizen profile page.
Step 11: Provide all other details and update your Profile.
Process with Khaitan
Step 12: After registration you can log in to the DG portal and click on the new service option which will redirect to the page of services offered by this Common Service Portal.
Step 13: Select VF8A Khata details from the services menu. List of required documents required will be displayed.(No documents is needed for ROR)
Step 14: To proceed with the ROR application, click on “Continue to Service” button.
Step 15: A small window will show the service Request ID and Application Number, Click on “Continue” option.
Step 16: Provide all necessary details for Gujarat records of rights. After entering details, click on save and Submit button to submit the certified copy of ROR or Khatian application.
Step 17: After successful submission of the application you can take the print of Gujarat ROR application form and proceed further with the application payment. There are two payment options available as mentioned below:
- Using E-Wallet
- Using Gateway
Step 18: Select the payment option as per need and click on the “Send OTP” option to make payment. A onetime password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Step 19: After entering the one-time password (OTP) click on the “Confirm” option to complete the payment process.
Step 20: After the successful payment, a receipt will be generated, and the application will redirect to the concerned authority login.
Note: Kindly keep safe this reference number; it can be used for further reference.
Status of Application
After successful submission of application, the applicant doesn’t need to visit nearest Jan Seva Kendra /ATVT centre to verify the ROR document. The applicant will get an SMS regarding the status of Gujarat ROR or Khatian application.
Get Gujarat Records of Rights
Once the concerned authority (Tahsildar) approves the request, the records of rights will be digitally signed. The certified copy of the ROR document will be forwarded through registered mail ID.
Gujarat records of rights will be dispatched through courier from Jan Seva Kendra to applicant’s address if the delivery type is selected as speed post local or non-local.
If the delivery type selected as manual, then the applicant has to collect the records of rights from JSK where you have applied for ROR.