Gujarat Property Registration
Gujarat Property Registration
Gujarat property registration procedure is governed by the Registration (Gujarat Amendment) Act, 1908. Any transactions that involve an immovable property should be registered to ensure clear transfer of title to the property owner. Once the property registration procedures has been completed, it becomes a permanent public record. Immovable property registration process involves the preparation of deeds, paying the applicable stamp duty and registration fees for the deed to be legally recorded. The Inspector General of Registration, Government of Gujarat, manages the registration or transfer of property in Gujarat. In this article, we look at the Gujarat Property Registration in detail.
Know more about Gujarat Records of Rights
Registration (Gujarat Amendment) Act, 2013
Registration (Gujarat Amendment) Act provides details regarding the method of registering documents (deed), information regarding the legal rights and obligation affecting the particulars of immovable property. According to this act, the immovable property includes land, buildings, lights and fisheries.
Section 17 Registration (Gujarat Amendment) Act – Compulsory Registration
Section 17 of Registration (Gujarat Amendment) Act governs the different categories of the deed for which registration is obligatory. The following type of deed need to be compulsorily registered:
- Instruments which extinguish or title to a property of a value of above one hundred rupees.
- Instruments of the gift of immovable property
- Lease of immovable property of any term exceeding one year or from year to year
Section 18 of Registration (Gujarat Amendment) Act – Registration Optional
Section 18 of the Registration (Gujarat Amendment) Act governs the deeds of which registration is optional, that is explained here:
- Instruments other than wills and gifts relating to the transfer of immovable property, the value of which should be less than Rs.100
- Lease of immovable property for less than 12 months
- Instruments are acknowledging payment of any consideration
- Instruments are transferring any order or order of a court where the subject matter is immovable property, the value of which should be less than one hundred rupees.
Purpose of Gujarat Property Registration (Deed Registration)
Gujarat property registration of immovable property furnishes the below-mentioned benefits:
- According to the Gujarat transfer of property act right, title or interest can be acquired if the deed is registered.
- The document registration will be a permanent public record once it’s registered with the concerned office
- Anyone can inspect the property registration public record and get a copy of registered deed
- Gujarat registration of property providing the information to the general public that the ownership title has transferred to the new owner.
- Property registration enables any citizen to verify whether the property has been previously encumbered while purchasing the property
- If a person intends to buy immovable property in Gujarat, he/she can easily verify the record-index available in the concerned office. The citizen can ascertain in whose name the last transfer deed has been registered.
Note: As per the Gujarat Registration Act, if the immovable property has not been registered, such property will not be admissible as evidence in the court of law.
The deed needs to be presented for registration at the office of the Sub-Registrar within whose sub-district the whole portion of the land/property to which such report relates is situated.
Documents required for applying for Gujarat property registration is explained in detail here.
- Input Sheet – It should contain the details of the document with the signature of concerned parties (Owner & Buyer)
- Application form (No. 1) – If the document is covered under section 32-A of the Gujarat Stamp Act, 1958 to determine the market value of the property
- Proofs of the identity of executing and claiming parties and witnesses
- Proofs of ownership right of the property
- Original and true copy of the Instrument of power of attorney, if the document is signed or presented using it
Stamp Duty for Gujarat Deed Registration
Stamp duty is one of the legal tax payable by the property owner as proof for any transaction involves the immovable property. The rate of stamp duty for registering the sale, conveyance deed of immovable property registration in Gujarat is tabulated here:
|The basic rate of Stamp duty||3.50 percent|
|Surcharge at the rate of forty percent on basic rate||1.4 percent|
|Total Stamp duty||4.90 percent|
Rs. 4.90 for every Rs. 100 need to be paid as stamp duty for Gujarat Property Registration.
User Registration Fee
For registering property online in Gujarat, the applicant needs to pay a registration fee along with stamp duty to Government. The property registration fee needs to be paid for the maintenance of ownership record. The basic rate of Registration Charge is 1.00 percent.
- Registration charge is not applicable if the sale is executed in favour of the female buyer
- For more than one buyer for a single property, all buyers should be female for availing such waiver of registration charge.
- Additional charges for registration are as follows
- Advocate fees as per rate from time to time
- Folio fees of Rs. 10 per page or at the rate as for May revised by the government from time to time
- Index fees or Rs. 50 per copy
Prepare a Deed
Before applying for Gujarat property registration, the document deed needs to be prepared. Deed preparation for registration can be prepared personally written by the executants or through Deed writers by paying the applicable fee. Fee for deed writers will be based on the value of the property specified in the document.
The language of a deed presented for registration should be in an expression commonly used in the district existing in Gujarat.
Note: The Registrar empowered to refuse to register the property if the language prescribed in the deed is not commonly used in the Gujarat districts unless an accurate translation accompanies the report into the language widely used in the region.
To download Deed format for registering deed in Gujarat, the applicant needs to visit the official website of Inspector General of Registration. From the home page click on the Model Draft option, the link will redirect to new page.
In the new page, you can download the required deed as per the type of transaction of immovable property.
Take a print out of the suitable deeds format, after providing details, scan the documents in PDF format for uploading while applying online for Gujarat property registration.
Application Procedure for Gujarat Property Registration
Follow the step by step guidelines examined here to register immovable property in Gujarat.
Access the GARVI Web Portal
Step 1: For registering the property Online in Gujarat, you need to visit the official website of gARVI – Inspector General of Registration (IGR)-GUJARAT,
Step 2: From the main page you need to click on the Public Data Entry option. The link will redirect to new page.
Step 3: In the new page, after reading the instruction click on I Agree on the option and the Pre Registration of Public Data Entry button will be enabled. Click on that for processing further.
Step 4: The application form for Pre Registration of the property will be displayed. You can make new data entry for registration or modify old data entry.
Step 5: For a new registration, you have to select the District and SRO Office from the drop-down. To modifying old data entry you need to provide only 13 Digit Code and password.
Step 6: After providing details and password, click on Submit Registration Details.
Details of Document for registration
Step 7: Once the registration is completed, the application form for property registration will be displayed. Provide all details of Document for registration.
Get Market Value & Stamp Duty
Step 8: To get the market value and stamp duty option from the application page, click on Calculate Market Value & Stamp Duty option.
Step 9: The corresponding market value and stamp duty according to the property details will be displayed.
Step 10: Click on get market value & stamp duty from calculate stamp duty page to auto-fill the calculated values in the application page. Once you selected this option, details will be automatically filled in the application.
Step 11: After providing details, click on ‘Save and Go to Next Page’ option. The new window will open; you can select/input the values as per the document.
Details of Property
Step 12: Providing the following details:
- Select District, Taluka and Village area of the Property
- Select the Survey number, TP-FP Number, City Survey Number and Block Number.
- Enter the Land area and Construction area, Construction year
Step 13: Once the details are provided, you can click on calculate Market Value option to get the details as per the details furnished now.
Details of Parties
Step 14: Provide details of the party such as name, Flat number, address, Aadhaar card number, details of identity proof. After providing details click on next button to make payment.
E-payment through Cyber Treasury Portal
Step 15: In the new page calculated stamp duty and the registration fee will be displayed. After verification, you can perform the payment by the following methods:
- Payment of Stamp Duty alone
- Payment of Registration Fee alone
- Payment of Both Stamp Duty and Registration Fees
Step 16: Click on Cyber Treasury GUJARAT Payment button to proceed for e-Payment of Stamp Duty and Registration Fees online.
Step 17: After a successful payment, you can get an e-Challan copy by clicking on Print e-Challan option. You need to provide e-Challan details in the application.
Step 18: Once the stamp duty and registration fee are paid successfully, you will get a 13 digit data entry number. Take print out of e-Challan for future reference.
Book Time Slot
Step 19: After payment, you can make an appointment to approach SR office to complete document registration.
Step 20: From the home page of the gARVI webpage, click on ‘Registration Appointment Schedule for Citizen’ option.
Step 21: The link will redirect to a new page, by clicking on I agree option the Registration Appointment Scheduler will be enabled.
Step 22: The application form time slot booking will be displayed. You need to provide details as per the details entered at the time of document registration.
- Select the District, the Name of SRO Office, Name of Area/Village where the property and the Nature of Document
- Enter the Consideration Amount
- Provide details of used Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Type, Presenting Party Name and Address, Mobile Number, e-Mail ID
- Select the Type of ID Proof from the list and upload the scanned ID proof Image.
Step 23: You need to upload following documents after providing details for time slot booking.
- Used Stamp Paper
- Location or Schedule of Property as per the document
- Name and Signature pages of Buyer and Seller
Step 24: After providing all the required details select the date from the calendar to visit Sub Registrar Office to complete property registration.
Step 25: After selecting the convenient date, System will automatically be allotted the first available slot on the selected date.
Step 26: You can change or modify the time slot as per your convenient. After modification, click here to Book Time Slot option.
Get Appointment Scheduler ID
Step 27: In a new window, a Message will show the Appointment Scheduler ID. You need to note down the Appointment Scheduler ID (13 digits) for further reference.
Step 28: Click on the print option to take the hard copy of acknowledgement slip.
Status of Appointment Scheduler
You can track the status of appointment scheduler by clicking on Click here to know the status from home page of gARVI .
In the new window, enter the 13 digit Appointment scheduler ID and Click on Get Status. The status will be displayed.
Approach SRO office
On the allotted date, you need to visit concerned Sub Registrar Office with stamp certificate and e-challan and acknowledgement slip. Sub registering officer will verify the following details for registration.
- Documents verification
- Oral verification of Transaction
- Checking of entries made by the you
- Examination of stamp duty paid and e-challan
Upon verification, the SRO will update details Gujarat Land records.
Note: If SRO rejects the application, Return document with reasons for rejection will be updated online through the portal.
Recording Photo and Bio-Metrics
Once the Sub-Registrar marked the deed, it will be fetched into the Gujarat land records, and the Photograph of the buyer, seller, witnesses and identifiers will be recorded in the system.
Sub-Registrar officer will regularize the party details form by obtaining the sign and Biometrics of the buyer and seller.
Get Registered Deed
After verification, the registered deed will be uploaded in the portal. You can download the registered document from the website.
From the grave webpage, click on View and Print Your Uploaded Document option.
Provide details of the document, verification code and mobile number. By clicking on the print option, you can get the registered deed. After Gujarat property registration, you need to mutate the records of registered property.