Gujarat Fire License
Gujarat Fire License
Gujarat fire license is a document of conformity to the requirements of fire safety. Fire license is also known as fire safety certificate and No-Objection certificate (NOC) in Gujarat. Urban Development & Urban Housing Department, Government of Gujarat issue fire license (fire NOC) to certify that the fire systems are efficient in the given premise. In Gujarat, fire license is mandatorily required for various types of businesses mentioned in the Gujarat Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act, 2018. The main function of the fire license is to prove conformity of the business to the approved rules of safety. In this article, we look at the procedure to obtain Gujarat fire license or fire safety certificate in detail.
In case you require any assistance for obtaining fire license in Kerala, get in touch with an IndiaFilings Advisor at [email protected].
Gujarat Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act
Gujarat Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act establish and maintain fire services and related matters in the State of Gujarat. As per this act, the Government authorized officer requires the occupiers or owners of the buildings, workshop, places of public entertainment, warehouse to take precautions for the risk of fire.
Importance of Gujarat Fire License
The importance of obtaining Gujarat fire license is explained below:
- All buildings or premises or occupancies as described below at all times should have a valid fire license under Gujarat Fire Prevention act.
- The owner or developer or promoter or builder should have a valid Gujarat fire license to sell; leases occupy or allow its occupation of a building or premises.
- The Gujarat fire license or NOC has to be produced To obtain a certificate of completion or permission for occupation,
- The permit of operating cinema hall and multiplex, any business, trade or profession will be renewed only when a valid fire safety certificate/NOC is furnished.
Gujarat Fire License for Buildings
Fire safety in buildings or premises is a vital area of concern for employers and landlords to keep peoples fully protected and ensure that the file system is fixed correctly and free of false alarms. The Gujarat fire license is needed to be obtained for the following buildings:
- Buildings of more than 18 meters up to 25 meters (from ground level to top floor ceiling height)
- High rise building above 25 meters and up to 45 meters
- High rise building above 45 meters and more in height
- Cinema Theatres
- Function Halls, Vivah Bhavan
- Temporary structures, movable theatre, circus and exhibitions
- Transport godowns and any other godowns
- Storied, multi-storied and high rise building
- Handling of petroleum products (Class A, B & C)
- Storage and handling of chemicals
- The storage and handling of explosives
- The storage and handling of pharmaceutical products,
- Chemical industries and storage of solvents
Minimum Standards for Fire Prevention
The minimum standards for fire prevention and fire safety for buildings required under Gujarat fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act are explained below:
- Access to buildings
- Number, width, type and arrangement of exists
- Protection of exits using fire check door
- Smoke management system
- Fire extinguishers
- First-aid hose reels
- Automatic fire detection and alarming system
- Public address system
- Automatic sprinkler system
- Internal hydrants and yard hydrants
- Pumping arrangements
- Captive water storage for firefighting
- Exit signage
- Provision of lifts
- Standby power supply
- Refuge area
- Fire control room
- Special fire protection systems for protection of special risks
We have here with attached a document to know more about Minimum Standards for fire prevention and fire safety for buildings:Gujarat Fire Prevention
The Regional Fire Officer or the Chief Fire Officer, Gujarat renders service relating to the issuance of Fire license or Fire NOC for Fire Prevention & Fire Safety Measures as per Gujarat Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act.
Gujarat fire license will be issued within seven days from the date of application.
Validity of Gujarat Fire License
The Fire Safety Certificate/fire license is valid from the date of its issue for a period as decided by the Gujarat Government from time to time and will be reflected in the fire license (Fire NOC).
The applicant needs to furnish the following documents along with the application to obtain Gujarat fire license or fire safety certificate.
- Records of Rights
- Layout and Building Plan
- Google Map Image
- Certified Measurement Sheet / D.I.L.R
- Sanctioned Plan by Competent Authority (If applicable)
- Affidavit & Undertaking
- Power of Attorney (If Applicable)
- Notarized Form
- NOC from Appropriate Authority (If Applicable)
- Revenue Records (7/12, 6A Haqpatrak, NA)
- TP & DP part plan, Zoning Certificate, F- form
Gujarat Fire License Application Procedure
The procedure to obtain fire license in Gujarat is explained in step by step procedure here:
Step 1: The applicant needs to visit the Investor Facilitation Portal, Government of Gujarat.
New User Registration
Step 2: If the applicant is new to Investor Facilitation Portal, you have to click on new investor register button for registration.
Step 3: For registration, you have to fill Name, Mobile number, Mail ID, Company name and Password. After providing details click on submit button.
Login to Portal
Step 4: After registration, for login to the portal, click on ‘Login option from the home page.
Step 5: In the new page you have to provide, username, Password and Captcha. By clicking Login Now option, you will be redirected application page.
Provide Details in Application
Step 6: After login to the portal, you have select “Fire NOC Permission” and provide all mandatory details for application.
- Name of the Building
- Address of the building
- Name and Address of builder/developer/ organizer
- Plot area
- Number of floors
- Height from ground level to top ceiling/slab height
- Area of basement
- Occupancy use floor wise
- Number of risers
- Number of hydrant valves on floors
- Number of fire lifts
- The width of the staircase
- Number of fire pumps provided
- Fire rating of fire doors floor wise
- Type of ventilation
Step 7: After providing details in the application, the applicant needs to upload all required documents as explained above.
Note: All documents should be in PDF format, and the maximum size of the file should be 5 MB.
Submit Application to Fire Officer
Step 8: After uploading the documents click on the submit button. Fire Officer receives the application and scrutinises the attachments.
Verification by Chief Officer
Step 9: Fire officer sends his recommendation along with the application to Chief Officer. Chief Fire Officer receives the request and scrutinises the documents.
Inspection for Fire Prevention & Fire Safety Measures
Step 10: Inspection of premises or buildings will be conducted by Chief Fire Officer or Designated Public Servant as per rules laid down in the Gujarat Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures within prescribed days from the date of receipt of the application.
Recommendations for Fire Prevention
Step 11: By inspection, recommendations for fire prevention and fire safety measures will be given within the prescribed time limit from the date of examination to the owner/occupier for basic implementation by him.
Submit Compliance Report
Step 12: The applicant (owner/occupier) needs to submit the completed report after implementation of fire prevention and fire safety measures and inspection.
Step 13: On receipt of the compliance report, Inspection of Fire Prevention & Fire safety Measures Suggestion will be carried out by the chief fire officer within prescribed days from the time of compliance report.
Nodal Officer Verification
Step 14: Chief Fire Authority will approve and issue fire opinion and sent to the Nodal Officer. After verifying the inspection report furnished by the Chief fire authority, the Nodal officer will issue the Gujarat fire license or fire NOC.
Status of Application
Once the applicant logged in into the investor Facilitation Portal, you will see a Dashboard on your screen where you can see the status summary of your application.
Note: New Users will see NIL as they have not applied any applications in the portal.
Get Gujarat Fire license
The applicant can download final approval certificate by login to the Investor Facilitation Portal.
Gujarat Fire License Renewal Procedure
Gujarat fire license is valid for one year from the date of issue. After one year that is, before 31st March of every year) fire license must be renewed. Non-Renewal of the fire license within the prescribed time limit will result in loss of eligibility for insurance coverage and other appropriate legal action by Gujarat Government, Revenue Department or any other Departments.
Owner/occupier of the building having NOC needs to apply for Renewal to fire officer. On receipt of the renewal application, inspection of the premises will be carried out by the chief fire officer. On satisfactory inspection report, renewed Gujarat fire license or NOC is issued within seven working days from the date of inspection.
Know more about Kerala Fire license
Post by Renu Suresh
Renu is experience content writer specialised in compliances and company rules.