FSSAI Introduces New Methodology for FoSCoS User ID
FSSAI Introduces New Methodology for FoSCoS User ID
The Food Safety & Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) vide its notification dated 25th November 2021 has introduced Licence/ Registration or application number based user ids on Food Safety and Compliance System (FoSCoS) portal. FoSCoS provides multiservice for Food Business Operator (FOB), such as granting licenses and registration to FOB, and other regulatory compliances services. In this article, we will look at the New Methodology for FoSCoS user ID in detail.
Synopsis of FSSAI Notification
To address the issue of control of user-id by the FBO, FSSAI has introduced a new methodology for FoSCoS user ID, it provides a solution to the following type of FBOs:
- Existing licensed/registered FBO
- FBOs whose applications are under process
- FBOs who are filing new applications for FSSAI License/Registration
FoSCoS User ID for Existing Licensed/Registered FBOs
With this notification, FSSAI announced that Login Methodology has been changed for Existing Users of FoSCoS. Existing users can now log in based on a 14-digits license/registration number or 17-digits application reference number and the Password is the same as earlier. FBOs shall reset their passwords after the first login.
- FSSAI has decided to segregate the existing user IDs of the system to the new license/registration number based user IDs i.e each user id of FoSCoS has now been linked to single license /registration.
- The password of newly created IDs will be the same as of existing parent user IDs, which can be updated by the users on initial login to FoSCoS.
FSSAI stated that while migrating the existing user-ids to new user-ids the contact details in existing user-ids have been moved to ‘Primary’ contact details of new user-ids as a one-time measure while the contact details of the person nominated in Form ‘IX’ as submitted in Form B or contact person mention in Form A have been copied to ‘Secondary’ contact details of the newly created ids.
FoSCoS User ID for FBOs whose applications for new license/registration are under processing
For FBOs whose applications for new license/registration are under the processing stage, the name-based user ids have been converted to 17 digit application-based user-ids.
The contact details of the existing IDs have been moved to primary contact details and the contact details as mentioned in the application have been moved to secondary contact details.
Guidelines For Applying Nw FSSAI license/registration
- FBOs are not required to create name-specific user-id before applying. Instead, they can apply for FSSAI license/registration directly from the FoSCoS homepage.
- FBO can check their eligibility based on the Kind of Business they are involved in and proceed with the selection of food products category/products.
- After entering the required details, FBOs are assigned a 17-digit application number based user ID on submission of “PRIMARY” or “SECONDARY” contact details under the sign-up details window.
- The System generated 17-digit User-ID is valid for future login purposes till the generation of license/registration.
- After the grant of license/registration, the 14-digit license/registration number becomes the user-ID.
Benefits of New Methodology for FoSCoS user ID
- Capturing primary and secondary contact detail will help in sending the notification and password reset OTPs to both the contacts i.e. to the food business and to the person who has provided any assistance in applying.
- The new methodology will also ease the resetting of passwords for user IDs.
- FBOs can reset passwords by entering the application/license/registration number. A password reset OTP would be sent to both primary and secondary phone numbers/email IDs.
- An online utility “Know your new user-id” has been placed on the FoSCoS login businesses page to provide ease to FBOs in identifying their newly created User-IDs. Users can access the utility by entering the existing User-ID.
Updating of Email ID and Phone number in FoSCoS User ID
In case any FBO is not able to reset the password of the FoSCoS user id for want of having his/her email id & phone number under primary & secondary contact details, he/she may send a request through email to the concerned Designated Officer or Registering Authority of the concerned district as per the SOP.
Such FBOs are required to represent their case through email or written letter to the concerned Designated Officer [Licensing Authority] or Registration Authority with the following documents:
- Request for updating of Phone number and Email ID should be on the letterhead of the firm/company duly signed by an authorized person of the firm, clearly stating the reason for the non-accessibility of login credentials.
- A copy of photo identity card such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID card of the authorized signatory, etc.
- A copy of existing license (s), registration certificate (s)/application (s) in form A or B as applicable.
Note: The email ids of concerned officers are available under the ‘Know your officer’ section on FoSCoS Homepage:
Processing of Request by Authority
- A utility for updating of Primary and Secondary Contact Details of FBO [FoSCoS User-id] has been provided to Licensing/Registration Authorities under their FoSCoS Window.
- On receipt of a request from the concerned FBO through email or written letter, concerned Licencing/Registration Authorities, shall verify the FBO based on submitted documents as mentioned above before updating the contact details.
After updating of email and mobile number for mentioned FoSCoS user-id, the FBO can reset the password through forgot password link.