Company Information Published by MCA
On incorporation of a company or LLP, many of the information about the company and its Directors are made publicly available on the MCA website. This information including email addresses of company is used by marketers to contact newly incorporated companies. In this article, we look at the rules relating to the publishing of company information on the internet.
The Central Government may perhaps by order companies usually or any company or class of company to furnish any information or statistic with reference to constitution or working of the company within a time that is specified in the order. The article studies the maintenance process of documents by the registrar and the obligation of companies to furnish information and statistics.
Free Information Published on MCA Portal
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs publishes the following information pertaining to a company on the MCA Master Data website on the incorporation of a company:
Company / LLP Information
- CIN – Corporate Identification Number
- Company Name
- ROC Code
- Registration Number
- Company Category
- Company SubCategory
- Class of Company
- Authorised Capital
- Paid-up Capital
- Number of Members
- Date of Incorporation
- Registered Address
- Address other than Registered Office where all or any books of account and papers are maintained
- Whether Listed or not
- Suspended at the stock exchange
- Date of last Annual General Meeting
- Date of the Balance Sheet
- Company Status(for efiling)
Charges data consists of charges created by lenders of the Company on its assets against the money lent. The following charges information is published:
- Assets undercharge
- Charge Amount
- Date of Creation
- Date of Modification Status
- DIN of the Director or LLP Partner
- Name of the Director or LLP Partner
- Date of Appointment
- Date of Resignation, if applicable
Related Company Details
Additional details about the Directors of the Company like related company and related LLP can also be gleaned. The following additional information are available:
- List of Related Companies
- List of Related LLPs
Paid Information Available on MCA Portal
In addition to the free information published on the MCA Master data website, additional information about a company can be purchased from the MCA on payment of a fee of Rs.100 by any person.
- Incorporation certificate
- Documents filed during incorporation
- Extracts of certain board meetings
- Extract of the AGM and Annual Report
- Any other information filed by the company with the MCA and allowed to be published to the public
Power of Central Government
In addition to the above, the Central Government enjoys certain powers to request a company to publish certain information or statistics as follows:
- Every government order for information and statistics will be published in Official Gazette and may perhaps be addressed to the companies generally or any class of companies. The date of publication will be deemed to be the date on which necessity for information or statistics is imposed on companies.
- The Central Government may possibly by the order have need of a company or companies to produce records or documents in its possession or permit inspection thereof by officers or furnish additional information.
- If a company fails to furnish to meet the terms with an order or intentionally furnish any information or statistics incorrect or unfinished in any material respect, the company will be punishable with fine which may expand to Rs. 25,000 and every officer of the company who is in default, will be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may perhaps extend to six months or with fine which will not be less than Rs. 25,000 but which may perhaps extend to Rs. 3 lakhs or with both.
- Where a foreign company performs business in India, all references to a company in this segment shall be deemed to comprise references to the foreign company in relation, and only with reference to such business.
You can also find Company, LLP and Trademark Information on Business.IndiaFilings.com