Co-Operative Handloom Weavers Family Pension
Co-operative Handloom Weavers Family Pension
Co-operative Handloom Weaver’s Family Pension Scheme, 1991 guarantees monthly pension to the weaver’s family members in case of the demise of a weaver. The scheme came into action from 1st January 1992 and is applicable, if a weaver dies before attaining 60 years of age. Co-operative Handloom Weaver’s Family Pension scheme is valid up to 2020. The money is funded by the State Government to the concerned family.
The eligibility criteria of this scheme are as follows.
- The weaver should be a member of the Weavers Co-operative Society for at least 2 years.
- There should not be any defaults in payment to the Co-operative Handloom Weavers Savings and Security Scheme for a period of 6 months.
- The weaver should not be more than 60 years of age.
- The weaver should have accomplished 75% of the production level of the average annual production in linear meters for the society.
- The death of the weaver should have occurred only due to natural causes or due to unexpected accidents.
- The fund will be given to the nominee of the weaver, and if the nominee dies before the weaver, a fresh nominee will be appointed.
- On the demise of the weaver, the family receives a pension amount of Rs. 550 every month for the next ten years from the date of death of a weaver.
- To avail the pension amount, there is no requirement to pay a monthly premium to the scheme.
- This scheme benefits all the workers who work in handlooms, textile, khadi, and handicrafts.
To receive an application form for this scheme, a family member has to approach the Director of Handloom Weaver’s Co-operative Society after the demise of the weaver. The Director is responsible for issuing the application form and informing the higher authorities.
The following documents are required to apply for the scheme.
- The application form has to be duly completed.
- Ration Card.
- Death Certificate.
- Birth Certificate of the expired weaver.
- Identity Card of the expired weaver which is issued by the Handloom Weaver’s Co-operative Society.
Disbursement of Family Pension
It is mandatory for all recipients under this scheme to open a savings account in the nearest Post Office to receive the pension amount from the Assistant Director of Handlooms and Textiles. The money would be transferred to the account before 10th of a given month. The Assistant Director of Handlooms and Textiles conducts physical verification of the pensioners and their passbooks and furnishes the life certificate to the Authorised Officer before 31st of March.
Constitution of the Fund
The Co-operative Handloom Weaver’s Family Pension Scheme fund comprises of:
- The contributions made by the Government.
- The deposits made by the Primary Co-operative Societies that are related to the scheme.
- The subscription made by the members under this scheme.
- Other contributions.
For additional information about this scheme, one can contact either of the two entities specified below.
- Director of Handloom Weavers’ Co-operative Society.
- Handloom, Textile, Handicraft and Khadi Department.