Chhattisgarh Liquor License
Chhattisgarh Liquor License
In Chhattisgarh, liquor license is a document that permits a manufacturer or business to sell alcoholic beverages at a particular place. Liquor license is granted by the Excise Department of the respective state. It is illegal for any individual to manufacture, dispense or sell intoxicating alcohol without a valid state issued liquor license in India. The state government has set various rules and regulations under the Chhattisgarh Excise Act, making it compulsory to acquire a liquor license for restaurants, hotels, clubs etc. In this article, we have a look at the procedure for obtaining Chhattisgarh liquor license in detail.
Uses of Liquor License
A person is required to obtain a liquor license for the following purposes:
- The liquor license is necessary to avoid the unlawful trade of liquor in a particular state.
- The liquor license is required to regulate the sale of alcohol.
- It is prohibited for any individual to manufacture, distribute or retail intoxicating liquor without holding a state license issued by the respective state supervisor of the Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Control.
To apply for a Liquor license in the state of Chhattisgarh, the applicant needs to satisfy the following conditions:
- The individual should be age twenty-one years or above and should be an India citizen or a Person of Indian Origin.
- Any partnership firm containing the partners is citizens of India. And the change in the partnership will not be entertained after the settlement of shop or group of shops except legal permission from the Excise Commissioner required.
- The individual should not be a defaulter or blacklisted or debarred from holding an excise license under the provision of Rule 13 of these rules or under the provision of any law made under the Act.
Applicable Fee for Liquor License
The application fee of the license for the group of liquor shops in Chhattisgarh are shown in the table below :
|S.No.||Reserve price of the group||Prescribed Application Fees|
|1.||For the group of shops of Rs. 5.00 Lakh to Rs. 1.00 crore||Rs. 5,00/-|
|2.||For the group of shops above Rs. 1.00 crore to Rs. 2.00 crore||Rs. 1,500/-|
|3.||For the group of shops above Rs. 2.00 crore to Rs. 8.00 crore||Rs. 2,500/-|
Duty Rate of Liquor
The duty rate of a country or foreign liquor for the year is shown in the table below :
|S.No.||Kind of Liquor||Duty Rate|
Masala 25.0 U.P.
Plain 50.0 U.P
Rasi 70.0 U.P
|Rs. 48/Per Per Litre.|
|2.||Foreign Liquor (SPIRIT)|
|S. No. Ex Factory Price Per case means 12 bottles||Duty Rate|
|1. Up to Rs. 900/-||Rs. 70/- Per Per Litre.|
|2. Above Rs. 901/-||Rs. 100/- Per Per Litre.|
|3.||Foreign Liquor (MALT)|
|Beer (Malt Liquor)||Rs. 10/- per quart bottle.]|
The concerned authority for the approval of the license for sale of the country or foreign liquor will be the district level committee consists of the collector of the District and the District Excise officer Assistant Commissioner of the member secretary district.
Documents Required for License
The prescribed document for applying Chhattisgarh Liquor license is given below.
- Identity proof and Address Proof of applicant.
- Premises Address Proof.
- No Objection Certificate from the fire department.
- No Objection Certificate from the local municipal corporation.
- Application with business details.
- List of Directors details in case of a company.
- MOA and AOA if the applicant is holding a company.
- Copy of Latest Income Tax return.
- Photograph of an authorised person.
- The affidavit from the authorised person stating that he has no criminal record or any offence punishable under the respective state act and also he is not a defaulter in paying any dues to the department.
Documents Required for Partnership firm
The prescribed documents are to be submitted whether obtaining a license under the partnership firm.
- Registered Partnership Deed.
- General Power of Attorney by the Partners to the applicant for excise purpose.
- List of Partners with Local and Permanent Address Proof.
- Income Tax Return of Partnership Firm (Last three years).
- Balance-Sheet of Firm.
- Character Certificate of the applicant seven each partner (granted by the officer, not below the rank of S.D.O./D.S.P distributed within six months from the date of application.
- Declaration of Firm’s Partner that who will present in Excise Department.
- Affidavit relating no dues of excise or any other Government Department.
- Affidavit relating applicant partnership firm or candidate has not punished under N.D.P.S., Excise Act, Molasses Act, I.P.C Affidavit relating firm is not blacklisted in any state.
- Sales Tax Registration and Sale tax Clearance Certificate from the concerned Sales Tax Authority where the firm is presently working.
- Three copies of blue Prints of the labelled map of the proposed site and its premises and its inside places. The plan must be certified by the applicant, Enquiry officer, District Excise Officer & Deputy commissioner of the district.
- Enquiry report of Excise Officer.
- No Objection Certificate about Law and Order from proposed area’s S.D.O. Certificate from Enquiry Officer that proposed site is as per tourist rules.
- Any other documents which required by licensing /Sanctioning Authority.
Application Procedure for Obtaining Liquor License
To apply for Chhattisgarh Liquor License, follow the steps specified below.
Visit the Official Website
Step 1: Visit the official portal of Chhattisgarh Excise Department.
Step 2: Click on “Country Liquor” tab which is visible on the homepage of the portal.
Provide Login Details
Step 3: On the next page, the applicant has to login into the portal with the login details such as username and password and click on “Login” button.
Step 4: After login, go to the Transaction tab on the same page, click on Create Indent option.
Fill the Details
Step 5: Now, provide the following information to create intent by entering the name of the Authorized person who is going to pick items from the warehouse, vehicle number, date and select via the route.
Enter Pack Size Details
Step 6: To proceed further the applicant has to enter the pack size details by selecting the label and enter the required quantity in cases and enter the available quantity of shop in bottles and then click on “Add” button.
Step 7: Before saving items if needed it can be deleted by clicking on “Delete” button. Finally, Press on the “Save” button to save the above details.
Step 8: After saving the details then the invoice number will be generated and the current page will be redirected to the post indent page.
Step 9: The current page will show the details of data and items of indent you have created.
Receive Successful Message
Step 10: Click on “Post indent” button. The message of successfully posted data will be shown.
Step 11: The alternative way to Post Indent by using the following steps
- Click on “Post Indent” option from the transaction menu and then select the invoice number from the list.
- On selecting Invoice number, created data will be displayed. Click on Post Indent button.
- Print can be taken from tab Reports and select Indent Print option. Click on the PDF button to make the print.
Online Duty Payment for Country Liquor
Step 1: Click on “E-payment” option which is present on the homepage of the portal.
Provide Login Details
Step 2: Enter the user id and password and click on the “Login” button.
E-payment for duty payment
Step 3: Select the option E-payment for duty payment from the categories.
Select Duty County Liquor
Step 4: Choose the option Duty CountyPL for Payment from the license fees name.
Select Invoice Number
Step 5: Select the invoice number for payment from the invoice number option. Click on Proceed button to make payment.
Step 6: Click on save button to receive a message that the data saved successfully.
Step 7: Click on Make Payment button to get redirected for the E-challan page.
Select Bank Name
Step 8: Then select the Bank Name for making the online payment and then click on the “Submit” button.
Step 9: Press the confirm button to get redirected to the page of the bank portal.
Complete Your Transaction
Step 10: Then the applicant can make payment with the login credentials and click complete your transaction button.
Step 11: E-challan receipt will be generated after making a successful payment, and that can be taken printout for further reference.
Permit Request for Country Liquor
Step 12: Click on “E-payment” option which is present on the homepage of the portal.
Provide Login Details
Step 13: Enter the user id and password and click on the “Login” button.
Request for Permit
Step 14: Click on “Permit” option which is under the categories.
Select Challan Number
Step 15: Enter the particular details of your license type and select the challan number and click on “Save and Proceed” button to send permit request.
Step 16: After request sends for the license the concerned authority will verify the application if satisfied by the officer then the application for the license will be approved.
Step 17: Then the applicant can download the certified copy of license after approval by clicking on option “Permit approval” option. Enter the required information such as
- Financial year
- District name
- Candidate name
- License type name
- Shop name
- Select invoice
And click on “Permit Detail” button if approved the applicant can take the printout of the license by downloading from the portal.
Cancellation of License
The Licensing authority can suspend or cancel the license in the following conditions re-specified below:
- If any liquor is found in the licensed premises on which the standard fee has not paid and which does not carry proof of payment of duly approved by the Excise Commissioner as.
- If any liquor or intoxicating drug (for which the license is not granted) is found on the licensed premises.
- If the affidavit submitted by the licensee at the time of application is found incorrect and statements made therein are found to be false.
- If the licensee is convicted of any offence punishable under the Act or any cognizable and non-bailable offence or any offence punishable under Sections 482 to 489 of the Indian Penal Code.
- If any liquor is sold below the minimum rate as fixed by the State Government under Rule 17.
Know about Bar License in Tamil Nadu and Chennai.