Central FSSAI License – Eligibility & Documents Required
Central FSSAI License – Eligibility & Documents Required
Central FSSAI license from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is required for all certain food businesses involved in the manufacturing, storage, distribution, transportation or retailing of food products. Based on the nature of activity of the business, the FSSAI License could be issued by the State FSSAI Regulator or Central FSSAI Regulator. In this article, we only look at the eligibilty and documents required for obtaining Central FSSAI License.
Eligibility for Central FSSAI License
The following businesses are required to obtain Central FSSAI License:
- Dairy units including milk chilling units equipped to handle or process more than 50,000 litres of liquid milk per day or 2500 MT of milk solid per annum.
- Vegetable oil processing units and units producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit processing more than 2 MT per day.
- Slaughtering units which handle more than 50 large animals or 150 small animals or more than 1000 poultry birds per day.
- Meat processing units processing more than 500 kg of meat per day or 150 MT per annum.
- All food processing units including relabellers and repackers processing more than 2 MT per day except grains, cereals and pulses milling units.
- All manufacturers of proprietary foods
- All 100% Export Oriented Units
- All importers importing food items including food ingredients and additives for commercial use
- Storage units other than those having controlled atmosphere and cold environment having capacity of more than 50,000 MT.
- Cold or Refrigerated Storage having capacity of more than 10,000 MT.
- Controlled Atmosphere + Cold Storage having capacity of more than 1,000 MT.
- Wholesalers having turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per annum.
- Retailers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Distributors having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Suppliers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Caterers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Hotels – Five Star & Above.
- Restaurants having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Transporters having more than 100 vehicles or turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per annum.
- Marketers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Food catering services in establishments and units under Central Government Agencies like Defence, etc.,
- Storage or Wholesalers or Retailers or Distributors having premises in Central Government Agencies.
- Food catering services at seaport located at Kandla, Tuticorin, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Marmagoa, Cochin, Mumbai, Chennai, JNPT and/or airport located at Kolkata, Trichy, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Amritsar, Cochin, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Trivendrum and Ahmedabad.
Documents Required for Obtaining Central FSSAI License
The following documents must be submitted to the FSSAI for obtaining Central FSSAI License:
- Form- B completed and signed by the Proprietor or Partner or Authorized Signatory.
- Blueprint/layout of the processing unit showing the dimensions and operation-wise area allocation (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- List of Directors / Partner / Proprietor / Executive Members of Society / Trust with full address and contact details (Mandatory for Companies only).
- Name and list of equipments and machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horse power used (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- Photo identification and address proof issued by the Government for Proprietor / Partner / Director(s) / Authorized Signatory (Optional).
- List of food category desired to be manufactured. (For manufactures only).
- Authority letter with name and address of responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspection, collection of samples, packing and dispatch. (For manufacturers and processors).
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognized / public health laboratory to confirm the portability. (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units).
- Proof of possession of premises (Sale deed / Rental Agreement / Electricity Bill) (Optional).
- Partnership Deed or Declaration for Proprietorship or MOA & AOA along with Certificate of Incorporation and List of Directors with address. In case of Company, three pages must be uploaded: First Page – Certificate of Incorporation, Second Page – Authorization of food business activity and Third Page – List of Directors with addresses).
- Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act – 1861 / Multi State Coop Act – 2002 in case of Cooperatives. (If applicable).
- NOC & Copy of License from manufacturer (Mandatory for Relabellers and Repackers).
- Food Safety Management System Plan or Certificate (if any).
- Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including location of milk collection centres in case of milk and milk products processing units. (if applicable).
- Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants. (if applicable).
- Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged mineral water and/or carbonated water from a recognized / public health laboratory.
- Recall plan wherever applicable, with details on whom the product is distributed (optional).
- NOC from Municipality or Local Body (optional).
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU.
- Supporting documentary proof of turnover.
- NOC/PA documents issued by FSSAI.
- IE Code document issued by DGFT.
- FSSAI Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution.
- Certificate provided by Ministry of Tourism (HRACC). (Mandatory for Hotels).
- Documentary proof of turnover or self declaration of number of vehicles (Mandatory for Transporters).
- FSSAI Declaration Form.
To obtain Central FSSAI License, visit IndiaFilings.com or get in touch with an FSSAI Consultant through Nearest.Expert.