The Boneej Scheme was launched by the Government of Assam to assist the rural industries of the state. The Government aims to provide special assistance for enterprises under traditional and micro sector in Assam. Under this scheme, the new industrial investment policy that will attract emerging industrial technologies to generate additional employment. In this article, we look at the Boneej Scheme in detail.
Benefits of Boneej Scheme
Boneej Scheme has various benefits associated with its use, which is listed below:
- This scheme will help in the development of the industries and maintains the industrial growth, generally in the backward areas of Tier 2 and Tier 3 centres.
- To enhance the employment opportunities that will help to find jobs in the MSME sector and also develop ease of doing business in the State.
- The industries will be provided with raw materials, goods and services at affordable prices.
- For easing the problems faced by the enterprises which are the main component of providing employment to the youth.
The below following are the criteria to be fulfilled by the enterprises to avail the grant:
- The location of the industry should be in rural areas of Assam.
- The industry should be already existing and also the unit must have a continuous operation for a minimum of two years.
- The industry/unit must hold its own work shed for the production and process.
- The age of the applicant must be not less than 18 years and more than 50 years to apply for this scheme.
- There is no bar of educational qualification.
- The industry/ unit must have availed the term loan and working capital loan to a minimum of Rs. 1 lakh.
Rural Industries in Assam
Assam has the following rural industries which are listed below:
- Brass metal
- Bell meta
- Cane & Bamboo product
- Jute Craft
- Water Hyacinth
- Gold and Silversmith (Jewellery)
- Pottery / Terracotta
- Wood carving
- Musical Instruments
- Wood carving
- Decorative wax base candle.
- Bag making, Folder making.
- Decorative Candles
- Food products like Bakery, Papad, Noddles, traditional food, Chutney, fruit juice, etc
- Bamboo incense stick
- Dhup /Agarbati
Quantum of Grant
Under this scheme, the Government provides Rs. 25000 (Rupees twenty-Five thousand) as a grant to the industries that are located in the Rural areas only where the annual turnover of the unit is not more than Rs. 5 lakhs. The amount of subsidy can be utilized by the industries for the procurement of machinery and raw materials, as the case may be.
The below following are the document checklist in order to avail the
- One Pass Port size photograph.
- Copy of Industry registration.
- Identity Proof: PAN, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Caste Certificate, as applicable.
- Training Certificate, if available.
- Copy of the first sheet of Bank Pass Book.
- Any other document (if required).
Area of Implementation
The implementation of the Boneej Scheme would be in all district excluding those within the jurisdiction of Karbi- Anglong Autonomous District Council, NC Hills Autonomous District Council and Bodoland Territorial Autonomous Districts would be covered.
District Target Beneficiaries
A district-wise target would be fixed by the Commissionerate of Industries and Commerce, Assam on the basis of the rural population in the district and that would be communicated to concern District Industries & Commerce Centre (DICC).
Amendment of the Provisions
The Assam State Government in Industries and Commerce Department has the rights to amend any provisions or withdraw any provisions as and when required based on the interest of the general public.
Application Procedure of the Scheme
The below following are the selection procedure of a beneficiary under the Boneej Scheme.
Approach District Legal Services Authority
Step 1: The applicant has to go to the concerned District Authority of Assam to apply for the scheme.
Get Application Form
Step 2: Then have to get the application form from the concerned office and have to fill out an application form in a prescribed format.
Note: The applicant can also download the application form from the official portal of Assam. The Boneej Scheme application form is reproduced below for your ready reference.
Fill Application Form
Step 3: The applicant have to fill the application form with appropriate details without any mistakes.
Attach Required Documents
Step 4: After applying, the applicant has to attach the list of specified documents as per the checklist along with the application form.
Step 5: The application has to be submitted to the concerned General Manager, District Industries & Commerce Centre (DICC) as per application. There is no fee charged for the submission of the application form.
Step 6: On receipt of the application, the DICC will examine the application form, if necessary they will make a physical verification process of the application.
Step 7: After the completion of the necessary verification, the proposal would be placed before the District Level Committee (DCL) constituted under the scheme for approval.
Step 8: On receiving the receipt of approval from the DLC, the statement containing the name, quantum of assistance, Bank name, Account name, etc will be forwarded to the Commissionerate of Industries & Commerce for allotment of the fund to the concerned DICC and subsequent release of fund.
Prescribed Time Frame
Step 9: On receipt of the fund by the DICC or transfer of fund directly to the beneficiaries through the bank, the DICC will submit the utilization Certificate within 30 days from the date of the receipt of fund.
Post by Sinduja Shankar
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.